Tmatt29 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is it okay to work my triceps twice a week instead of once?

Here is my current triceps routine.

Smith machine Triceps Press - 8 reps (4 sets)
    Straightbar Pressdowns - 8 Reps (3 sets)
    Skull Crushers - 8 Reps (3 sets)
    Overhead Dumbbell Estensions - 8 Reps (3 sets)
    Rope Pressdown - 8 Reps (3 sets)
    Reverse Grip Pressdown - 8 Reps (3 sets)
    Bench Dips - 10 Reps (1 set)

I would really like to increase the size of my lacking triceps. Would it be okay to repeat my triceps day? (Of course, with some off days in between) Or would it be better to do different exercises for the second trips day?

Would working out my triceps twice a week help to create a noticeable increase in size?

Any tips are appreciated; I really don't know that much.

Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tmatt29 View Post
    I would really like to increase the size of my lacking triceps.

Would working out my triceps twice a week help to create a noticeable increase in size?

At 136 lbs, you should be more concerned with increasing your overall bodymass.
    It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife ?? Thats not ironic thats just f*cking stupid ! What do you need this knife for ?? To stab the bastard who keeps leaving spoons all over your house ??

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's a lot of sets for one small muscle group. I'd cut out some of the cable stuff and focus on exerting yourself on the free weight stuff.

I wouldn't do a full tricep workout but I have brought up laggin body parts by adding in a few heavy sets. I'd do some cgbp and skull crushers on chest day or something if it gives you enough rest since your tricep day.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    PTS Certified

I'm a little tea pot.

Originally Posted by Ernie623 View Post
    Yea, I get that a lot, but I'm just concerned with the triceps question for now.

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ernie623 View Post
    ^^^^
    This is a good point too. Focus less on you isolation work op and more on basic heavy compounds to build a good base.
    PTS Certified

I'm a little tea pot.

mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    20 sets for triceps?? That is insane. What does the rest of your routine look like? At your size you need to focus on the compound moves..squats, deadlifts, bench, overhead press, dips, pull ups, rows, etc. Work on consistently adding more weight to the bar on these lifts and your whole body will grow.

Originally Posted by mbinda View Post
    20 sets for triceps?? That is insane. What does the rest of your routine look like? At your size you need to focus on the compound moves..squats, deadlifts, bench, overhead press, dips, pull ups, rows, etc. Work on consistently adding more weight to the bar on these lifts and your whole body will grow.
    Aside from deadlifts, I do all of those. All my other days besides leg day have about 16-18 sets and include compound and isolation workouts. I would post a link to my workout, but I don't have the 30 posts that are required for me to do that =/

XgunslingerX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Tmatt29 View Post
    Aside from deadlifts, I do all of those. All my other days besides leg day have about 16-18 sets and include compound and isolation workouts. I would post a link to my workout, but I don't have the 30 posts that are required for me to do that =/
    Be careful about your volume as far as triceps and biceps are concerned. They aren't large muscles (reatively speaking) and are used in virtually all upper body movements. They are worked considerably during presses and pulls, so the addition of 18 set tricep marathons is just adding insult to injury. You're likely overworking them and limiting yourself by the load of volume you're doing. Muscles have to recover (one of the fundamental principles of training), but if you're doing presses one day, triceps another, AND wanting to add a third day, you're definitely not giving them the rest they need.

Focus on compound movements and let the single joint movements come in time. A strong foundation will prove much more beneficial in the end.

krazyrican76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyrican76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyrican76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyrican76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyrican76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyrican76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyrican76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyrican76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyrican76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyrican76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyrican76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    IOT grow you need to eat! If you do not up your caloric intake you will not grow. You are as tall as I am and weight 60 pounds less...