queenobscene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yoga before or after?

I been planing to start doing some yoga, though as I work a lot and don't have until the summer the opportunity to workout at two different times I wonder if I want to lift weights and do yoga after eachother, which should I start with yoga or weights?

I can see that starting with weights could be good so I'm fully rest (not as easy to get injured) though if I end with weights the muscles will be able to start recovering and get proper rest. Would it be alright to do yoga afterwards if I drank like a protein shake inbetween and prehaps one more after the yoga?

Might be stupid questions I don't know..
    Let's be obscene!

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do yoga after, never fails to help with recovery .....besides, not sure where I read this, but I believe if you stretch out too much before lifting it can put you at greater risk for injury while lifting.
    ...karoline...

queenobscene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by karoline8 View Post
    I do yoga after, never fails to help with recovery .....besides, not sure where I read this, but I believe if you stretch out too much before lifting it can put you at greater risk for injury while lifting.

Thanks for the reply, seems to that I'm able to put it at different times after a bit of puzzling
    Let's be obscene!

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by queenobscene View Post
    I been planing to start doing some yoga, though as I work a lot and don't have until the summer the opportunity to workout at two different times I wonder if I want to lift weights and do yoga after eachother, which should I start with yoga or weights?

I can see that starting with weights could be good so I'm fully rest (not as easy to get injured) though if I end with weights the muscles will be able to start recovering and get proper rest. Would it be alright to do yoga afterwards if I drank like a protein shake inbetween and prehaps one more after the yoga?

Hard yoga or easy yoga?

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do my yoga to start the day off, so I've always done it before.

I do Ashtanga Yoga.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    I ask because yoga is such a big umbrella term. You've got Bikram, Iyengar, Ashtanga, whatever-the-hell-you-want-to-do...

So are you going to be doing standing poses, balancing, arm balances, vinyasas, etc? Or will you be more focused on stretching? Or both, and in such a case, what mix?

I think the general rule is to do the harder exercise, or the one where form is more important, first. Use your judgment.

Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnsonious2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by queenobscene View Post

I did yoga after my workout, I poured out sweat in the class! lol

Its basically for balance, and stretching (from what I noticed) so the stretching is a plus
    If in doubt, shout it out!!!

taylorc5434 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taylorc5434 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taylorc5434 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taylorc5434 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taylorc5434 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taylorc5434 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taylorc5434 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taylorc5434 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taylorc5434 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taylorc5434 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taylorc5434 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    mmm id say before.

Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like other people have said, it depends on the type. I mostly do Ashtanga, so I go for after ward to totally separate from my workout. I think that the "stretching too much beforehand" is a myth, though I could be wrong, but the stretching won't do you nearly as much good if you do it directly before a workout.
    If you aren't willing to work for it, you probably don't deserve it. Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation, and if you aren't ready to lead or follow you had better be ready to get the hell out of the way.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127157663&page=22