Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000)

Tipping is retarded (in b4 **** storm)

Yes another misc tipping thread.

I just spent 3 weeks in the U.S (NYC, Vegas, DC) tipping is the most retarded practice ever to be invented. The service I received (ate out etc every day) was no better than Aus or Europe (non-tipping) nor was the food etc any cheaper. I literally had to fork out tips for everything. Pay $32 for 2 vodka redbulls in Vegas/NY nightclubs. Then becomes $34 with tips.

Tip taxi driver for doing his job. Tip hotel concierge for doing their job. Tip bell boy who unloads your bags from taxi. Even coffee shops / take out food places had tip jars. I paid $350 for a helicopter flight? guess what had to tip pilot at the end (other people were doing it...)

Tipping is beyond a joke, causes confusion and does not equate to better service or cheaper meals.

JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    twas correct.

Jozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dats y i live in australia

Location: Fighting off a Silverback Gorilla on Cell-Tech with my Wow Strong Arms while surrounded by 30 Unarmed Men on ground littered with Recluse Spiders while Chuck Norris PIITB Bruce Lee (no homo) and Brian Peppers touches hot Jailbait all under a Cloud, Ya'Rly!, Canada
    Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sworn_Enemy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    in b4 babies cry bout how waiters only get paid 3.50$ an hour.

well you know what? if ppl stopped tipping then they would be paid higher.

dont be mad *******s

Kilrathi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kilrathi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kilrathi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kilrathi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kilrathi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kilrathi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kilrathi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kilrathi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kilrathi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kilrathi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kilrathi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    did u stay at a hotel?
    tip bell hop, concierge, room service, etc etc

place bets? dealer gets a tip
    Please do not write below this line

anonymous
    First off, you don't HAVE to do anything, it's a show of respect for good service. Secondly, that's how lots of these people make the bulk of their money. Stop bitching about it and if you're that much of an arrogant prick then don't tip. I hope you get your food spit in.

JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeremyMaclin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rkrajnov View Post
    First off, you don't HAVE to do anything, it's a show of respect for good service. Secondly, that's how lots of these people make the bulk of their money. Stop bitching about it and if you're that much of an arrogant prick then don't tip. I hope you get your food spit in.
    ^^^
    Only in America - pay extra to not get spit in ur food.
    tipping = blackmail

anonymous
    Originally Posted by JeremyMaclin View Post
    ^^^
    tipping = blackmail
    well technically no one knows if your gonna tip or not till the end of your meal so they won't know to spit in your food unless you come in on a regular basis and never tip in which case you deserve it imo. I don't even make much money (yes college student) and I still tip (lots of times generously) everywhere I go.

Also OP is beta for tipping just cause other people do.

ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cell-Tech Daddy View Post

I just spent 3 weeks in the U.S (NYC, Vegas, DC) tipping is the most retarded practice ever to be invented. The service I received (ate out etc every day) was no better than Aus or Europe (non-tipping) nor was the food etc any cheaper. I literally had to fork out tips for everything. Pay $32 for 2 vodka redbulls in Vegas/NY nightclubs. Then becomes $34 with tips.

Tip taxi driver for doing his job. Tip hotel concierge for doing their job. Tip bell boy who unloads your bags from taxi. Even coffee shops / take out food places had tip jars. I paid $350 for a helicopter flight? guess what had to tip pilot at the end (other people were doing it...)

Tipping is beyond a joke, causes confusion and does not equate to better service or cheaper meals.

LoLd at story, didn't watch the video. Funny ****.

Resident MISC Artist Vladsimpaler's Avatar
    Vladsimpaler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vladsimpaler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vladsimpaler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vladsimpaler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vladsimpaler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vladsimpaler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vladsimpaler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vladsimpaler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vladsimpaler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vladsimpaler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vladsimpaler is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JeremyMaclin View Post
    ^^^
    tipping = blackmail
    Seriously. I don't mind tipping if the person goes above and beyond their expected duties, but if the person just does the bare minimum then I'm not tipping. **** that dude. You have to earn it.

Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech Daddy is a name known to all. (+5000)

You just contradicted yourself. You say at first we dont have to tip, yet then you say if i dont I would get my food spat on. For the record I did tip and generously (20%).

You're right, you dont have to tip, but if you dont you will wait for a long time at a busy bar, or have waitresses cahse you out of restaurants. I even had taxi drivers tell me "the fare is $25 NOT including the tip" reminding me to give them extra monbey for nothing.

Tipping is a retarded practice done only in the U.S and a few other places.

Oh yeah, gambling at a casio? start winning? gotta tip the dealer. such bs.,

Go to a buffet? have to tip person because they brought you a drink ( i dont know why buffets in the US dont have self-serve soda etc)

Hemispheres79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hemispheres79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hemispheres79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hemispheres79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hemispheres79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hemispheres79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hemispheres79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hemispheres79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hemispheres79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hemispheres79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hemispheres79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

So the whole trip you were preoccupied/irritated with having to tip ppl and then you vent here. Sounds like you owned yourself.

Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why didn't you troll them it's not like you're a regular customer
    A young bull and an old bull were standing atop a hill looking at a bunch of heifers in a field below.

The young bull says "Let's run down this hill and fuk one of those heifers."

The old bull replies "No. Let's walk down there, and fuk them all."

well technically no one knows if your gonna tip or not till the end of your meal so they won't know to spit in your food unless you come in on a regular basis and never tip in which case you deserve it imo. I don't even make much money (yes college student) and I still tip (lots of times generously) everywhere I go.

Also OP is beta for tipping just cause other people do.
    I tipped because it is a custom in the U.S. When I travel to different countries i respect local rules, laws and customs. I then wait til i get home and bitch about them on online forums.

anonymous
    You just contradicted yourself. You say at first we dont have to tip, yet then you say if i dont I would get my food spat on. For the record I did tip and generously (20%).

You're right, you dont have to tip, but if you dont you will wait for a long time at a busy bar, or have waitresses cahse you out of restaurants. I even had taxi drivers tell me "the fare is $25 NOT including the tip" reminding me to give them extra monbey for nothing.

Tipping is a retarded practice done only in the U.S and a few other places.

Oh yeah, gambling at a casio? start winning? gotta tip the dealer. such bs.,

Go to a buffet? have to tip person because they brought you a drink ( i dont know why buffets in the US dont have self-serve soda etc)
    Well I tip where reasonable. But no you don't have to tip and chances are nothing will happen unless you're a repeat offender at the same place because they won't know till you're leaving, but in most circumstances I think many people who work jobs that take tips
    try to do a pretty good job and deserve it. I will give them the bare minimum if their service was alright but nothing great, but if they do their job well I will tip a fairly large amount and only if I was unpleased would I not tip. There's very little places that REQUIRE you to though, so don't act like you're being forced. But if that's how you made half your money you might feel a little different. Just because you're paying the company for a product or service doesn't mean these people see any of that money. Lots of their wages are made through your tips.

Originally Posted by Achilles87 View Post
    Why didn't you troll them it's not like you're a regular customer
    Coz apparently I wouldn't get served at a bar, have waitresses chase me etc

I agree with tipping for good service. I disagree with mandatory tipping.

Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not this **** again.jpg

DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    and how much do servers make in aus? They make **** here, they make most of their money via tips. If you aren't satisfied with youre food/service then don't tip or leave a ****ty tip, simple as that. I don't leave "tips" in the tip jar, I sure as **** wouldn't have tipped the helicopter or taxi driver they don't have their pay docked for tips so when you tip them they are actually pocketing that money on top of their full pay sometimes tax free.

I also make it a point to tip really good at places I frequent, I frequent the places because I love the food/drinks/service so why wouldn't I tip good?

BTW, what did you do in vegas?
    1590lbs @ 251lbs raw.

-Gun crew-
    -Drift crew-
    -injury recovery crew-

1K+

has a good size pen0r backbrahh's Avatar
    backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

MISC ILLUMINATI TAKING OVER
    MMC

Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never tip taxi drivers, they can go eat shiet.
    the tipping system is retarded.

inb4 servers cry about how they dont get paid minimum in US?
    because servers do get paid minimum in Canada.

Even if servers in US were to get paid the minimum, they would still expect/want TIPS, period.
    its ur fukin greed, shut it.

craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000) craig84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    restaurants can run more efficiently with tipping. the more efficient they run, the lower their costs, the lower their prices.

restaurants wont have to run into under-staffing issues when they only have to pay a couple dollars an hour. more employees make a lower waiting time customers have to have for tables, drinks, and everything else. a higher turnover rate means more profit and higher wages for cooks in the back doing work.

a lot goes into it.
    semper fidelis 04-08 0311
    cvc

Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DriftParty View Post
    and how much do servers make in aus? They make **** here, they make most of their money via tips. If you aren't satisfied with youre food/service then don't tip, simple as that. I don't leave "tips" in the tip jar, I sure as **** wouldn't have tipped the helicopter or taxi driver they don't have their pay docked for tips so when you tip them they are actually pocketing that money on top of their full pay sometimes tax free.

I also make it a point to tip really good at places I frequent, I frequent the places because I love the food/drinks/service so why wouldn't I tip good?

BTW, what did you do in vegas?
    Do you honestly believe servers, if they got paid minimum, they would not expect or want tips? its just greed.

Attention K-Mart shoppers Archangel_Lost's Avatar
    Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In all honesty, if I had to tip servers, it would be at fast food places that serve good food. They work a ****ton more than servers at restaurants that think they can wring tips out of you with bewbs and fake-ass charisma.
    Lifts:
    Squat: 460x1
    Bench: 400x1
    Deadlift: 575x1
    OHP: 250x2
    Weight: 180 lbs.

Don't have heroes; look up to no one. Because as long as someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second.

LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000)

How come you dont tip in AUS? Do waiters/waitresses get paid above minimum wage?

WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by craig84 View Post
    restaurants can run more efficiently with tipping. the more efficient they run, the lower their costs, the lower their prices.

restaurants wont have to run into under-staffing issues when they only have to pay a couple dollars an hour. more employees make a lower waiting time customers have to have for tables, drinks, and everything else. a higher turnover rate means more profit and higher wages for cooks in the back doing work.

a lot goes into it.
    I will suck the dick of every n(i)gger named jamal if you prove that **** with a scientific studys. I can argue that without tipping, people would be more prone to spending more money at the bar/restaurant, especially when they realize that 2 drinks = 1 free drink in tipping money.

How about hiring better workers instead of sloths that don't rely on tips to motivate their performance?
    [A]lpha [B]alkan [C]rew

Originally Posted by Archangel_Lost View Post
    In all honesty, if I had to tip servers, it would be at fast food places that serve good food. They work a ****ton more than servers at restaurants that think they can wring tips out of you with bewbs and fake-ass charisma.
    agreed, fast food places do more work than any servers in a resturant.

WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterIsGooD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LoweRider View Post
    How come you dont tip in AUS? Do waiters/waitresses get paid above minimum wage?
    above? what the ****. you want us to tip everyone making minimum? brb tipping cashier at mcdonalds.
    [A]lpha [B]alkan [C]rew

DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000) DriftParty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Scho77 View Post
    Do you honestly believe servers, if they got paid minimum, they would not expect or want tips? its just greed.
    If the industry as a whole would bump up their pay to around what they average with tips then no, they shouldn't expect tips, some probably still would just like chipotle/cold stone/ qudoba have tip cups. Their pay isn't docked for tips just like most other near minimum wage fast food jobs yet almost every one I've been to has a tip jar, no clue why and in my opinion it's not deserved which is why I've never put a dime in one.
    1590lbs @ 251lbs raw.

-Gun crew-
    -Drift crew-
    -injury recovery crew-

1K+

why the **** do waiters expect customers to pick up the slack on benefits that their employers and government should be able to provide them?

gj you're working slave wage. join the army if you don't like it, the entire system is based on making you join it.
    [A]lpha [B]alkan [C]rew