bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bulk hemp protein now available

Looks like they have bulk hemp protein now available over at TP.com. $10.49/lb 134 calories, 6g of fat, 5g of carbs, 4g of fiber and only 15g of protein per serving...They don't have much on the write-up, other than it tastes a little nutty. Anyone planning on trying this out?
    Last edited by bbgolfer; 02-02-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Crossing the Rubicon Serpens Aeon's Avatar
    Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is there any reason why it would be better than a dairy or egg derived source?
    "Glory, as anyone knows, is bitter stuff."
    -- Yukio Mishima

"[T]here is no inner man, man is in the world, and only in the world does he know himself."
    -- Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What the hell is hemp protein? Anything special about it?
    High Master League Zerg - Starcraft 2 Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/brotosterone
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/iblast002

"If you don't drop sweat today, you will drop tears tomorrow" - SlayerS_MMA

PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm intereseted in hearing what the advantages are of taking hemp protein.

bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbgolfer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Blast_ View Post
    What the hell is hemp protein? Anything special about it?
    Well its obviously from the hemp plant, I've read claims that its better than whey etc. etc... As far as nutrition facts go, it looks like it has a ton of fiber, some good fat, and not all that high of a protein content. But I am in the same boat as you, waiting to hear from someone that has some experience with this stuff.

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bbgolfer View Post
    Looks like they have bulk hemp protein now available over at TP.com. $10.49/lb 134 calories, 6g of fat, 5g of carbs, 4g of fiber and only 15g of protein per serving...They don't have much on the write-up, other than it tastes a little nutty. Anyone planning on trying this out?
    I'll definitely consider trying it...although I'd like to hear how it compares as a protein source to whey & casein. I'm sure that it's not optimal pwo due to the fat and fiber content, but I'm sure it would be good before bed and any other time in the day. I think that it's a very healthy source of protein, I'm just not too sure where it would fit into a diet unless it has some clear cut advantage over other kinds of protein.

oatmeal542 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hemp is a very nutritious plant as far as fatty acids go. The ratio of Omega 3,6, & 9 are ideal for the human body. Also, it is supposed to have the only complete proteins in the plant world. However, after taking several different brands of hemp protein, hemp oil, hemp seeds, etc. my results were minimal.

I think it's good to try different supplements but in my opinion, whey is the better choice. Particularly muscle milk.
    "Motivation doesn't last, Drive does."

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by oatmeal542 View Post
    Hemp is a very nutritious plant as far as fatty acids go. The ratio of Omega 3,6, & 9 are ideal for the human body. Also, it is supposed to have the only complete proteins in the plant world. However, after taking several different brands of hemp protein, hemp oil, hemp seeds, etc. my results were minimal.

I think it's good to try different supplements but in my opinion, whey is the better choice. Particularly muscle milk.
    Muscle Milk isn't whey...

cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nothing really touches whey/casein/egg in terms of body composition and strength benefits. Maybe if you're a serious hippie-bastard you could try hemp protein, otherwise I'd avoid.
    SAN Nutrition
    sann.net / pumpedmag.com / starmarklabs.com

Distwells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not a hippy or a bastard or a hippy bastard or a vegan or a veggie just a regular bloke. But I take hemp protein! at 15g of protein as mentioned before - I wouldn't bother! You can get hemp protein powder with a protein level of about 30-50g per 100g! Hemp has no known allergens, is almost nutritionally perfect. And the protein is assimilated by the human body easier and better than whey. So you may eat/drink less protein but you use more! - Think quality not quantity!

ATTENTION 2 DETAIL severesoldier's Avatar
    severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    where is the research

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by severesoldier View Post
    where is the research
    While I think we could tons of environmentally friendly and renewable things with hemp, I too would like to see the research that shows how great hemp protein is. I think it’s decent from what I’ve seen, but far from being superior to whey protein.

Everything I’ve seen where hemp protein is touted as the best was all from hippies trying to sell their hippy wares. And just about everyone on here knows that I am obsessed with the all mighty cannabis plant!!

I would love to believe that hemp protein can replace whey… but someone’s going to have to do some ‘splaining first.

ATTENTION 2 DETAIL severesoldier's Avatar
    severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) severesoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by browndustin View Post
    While I think we could tons of environmentally friendly and renewable things with hemp, I too would like to see the research that shows how great hemp protein is. I think it?s decent from what I?ve seen, but far from being superior to whey protein.

Everything I?ve seen where hemp protein is touted as the best was all from hippies trying to sell their hippy wares. And just about everyone on here knows that I am obsessed with the all mighty cannabis plant!!

I would love to believe that hemp protein can replace whey? but someone?s going to have to do some ?splaining first.
    a protein better than whey would be amazing... but to say the least... i doubt there is.

Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i would buy it, 'cept thats kinda pricey, also considering it's only 50% protein when their wpc is 77% protein
    Fake "the move" and do "the dominator" - I'll miss HS wrestling... looking forward to Gator club wrestling though

Homebrewing rulezzz

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    can you smoke it?
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cakedonkey View Post
    Nothing really touches whey/casein/egg in terms of body composition and strength benefits. Maybe if you're a serious hippie-bastard you could try hemp protein, otherwise I'd avoid.
    LOL. Nice, just tellin it like it is

Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    can you smoke it?

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    can you smoke it?
    High school... trip somewhere in Vancouver... bus full of stoners drive by a field of hemp and EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE wants off LOL!!

Everyone was aware that hemp's just cannabis sativa bred for strong, fibrous stalks, but the novelty of walking through a field of dope got to everyone I guess (that or they must have smoked pot on the ferry)

Solidarity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Solidarity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Solidarity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Solidarity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Solidarity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Solidarity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Solidarity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Solidarity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Solidarity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Solidarity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Solidarity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Egg protein is still the best protein source with it at just nearly 100% bioavailability. If you want a good protein powder, get a blend of 50% egg white protein and 50% milk protein isolate. That hemp nonsense is for hippies and vegans.
    -The wolf on hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.
    -That's true, he's not as hungry.. but when he wants the food...it's there

Professional Engineer

Destined4Nothin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destined4Nothin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destined4Nothin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destined4Nothin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destined4Nothin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destined4Nothin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destined4Nothin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destined4Nothin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destined4Nothin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destined4Nothin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Destined4Nothin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can you smoke it?

The Only question that matters. haha.
    "He that cannot endure the bad will not live to see the good"

- I may not be an Expert, But hopefully I can help through experience -

The Next Jason Voorhees Da Main Man's Avatar
    Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Destined4Nothin View Post
    The Only question that matters. haha.
    you might be able to make happy-cookies with it though
    Tell your Girlfriend i said thanks....

darkdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's inexpensive.

The last time I got an email about it from random_salesperson_spam_02 it was about 7x the cost of whey!

The website was making some outrageous claims too. Like whey turns into black sludge and sits in your intestines and that's why bodybuilders have descended stomachs.
    I'm Dark, I'm Dan...I'm Darkdan.