badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Starting Muay Thai Tuesday....

Just curious if anybody who is studying it right now has any training tips for me to use while I lift to help me out .. I have a martial arts background but I haven't done it since I was a kid so its gonna be pretty new for me so any advice is welcomed.
    In Hoots We Trust.

Zaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by badreligion View Post
    Just curious if anybody who is studying it right now has any training tips for me to use while I lift to help me out .. I have a martial arts background but I haven't done it since I was a kid so its gonna be pretty new for me so any advice is welcomed.
    yeah, depending on the frequency of muay thai you might want to reduce the amount of lifting you do.
    the conditioning drills will knock the hell out of you.

totalalpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalalpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalalpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalalpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalalpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalalpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalalpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalalpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalalpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalalpha will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalalpha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol i suggest you to start to try and kill the nerves in your shins now. and lifting wise, i lift 2 times a week and train 4 days a week
    Action is the foundation to success

Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny

Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bring ibuprofen
    "When you're not in the gym, someone else is; and they will beat you."
    "If it was easy, everyone would do it."
    "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
    "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."
    “To be number one, you have to train like you’re number two”

Jan 1st: 227 @ 16%
    Jan 7th: 223
    Jan 14th: 217
    Jan 21st: 216
    Jan 28th: 214
    Feb 4th: 213

DJW81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DJW81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DJW81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DJW81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DJW81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DJW81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DJW81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DJW81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DJW81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DJW81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DJW81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    always wanted to do it but never have...have fun learning to kick ass

summitva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by summitva View Post
    Sup Badreligion.
    I have been training kickboxing and brazilian jiu jitsu for about 5 months and it's really fun. As for Muay Thai I been studying it for quite a few years and I actually had a chance to train with a Muay Thai guy from Cambodia. Muay Thai is mainly about Power Endurance meaning you have to produce the same amount of power for a long period of time. Muay Thai guys like to train just using body weights to for this purpose. In Thailand they like to start of with a 2 or 3 miles jog and sprint back to camp the last 30seconds or 15seconds. After that, they shadow box, techniques. Later in the evening they come back and spar against each other and finish off with doing weights. As for shin-abs-neck-elbow-knee-forearm- conditioning goes it's fairly easy but it take time in order for them to get strong.
    GOod Luck

tzmen23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tzmen23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tzmen23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tzmen23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tzmen23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tzmen23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tzmen23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tzmen23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tzmen23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tzmen23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tzmen23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm studying Muay Thai right now and it's hell of a lot of fun. Just work on endurance and your shins will take a while to get used to the pain but trust me you'll get it. Also work on technique a lot. It's more important then showing off with power because technique is how you defend yourself and knock the other guy out not power flailing around.

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was told to start off with two classes then work my way up to as many as I want so I was thinking of breaking down my split as follows

Sunday - Chest/Delts/Tris

Monday - Active cardio like Rollerblading

Tuesday- Muay Thai

Wed - Back/Forearms/Bis

Thurs - Cardio

Friday - Muay thai

Saturday - Rest

Monday , Tuesday , Thursday and Friday are essentially rest days too because I would only be doing one activity that day but saturday is the all rest day so does that sound like a decent plan . I am trying to lose weight and tone up because well .... I'm alittle overweight lol
    In Hoots We Trust.

Pancakes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pancakes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pancakes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pancakes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pancakes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pancakes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pancakes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pancakes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pancakes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pancakes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pancakes1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The last thing in Muay Thai is strength training. I did it for 4 years and i became flexable as ****. Im quicker and the discipline that is incorporated in it is surreal. Good luck man, prepare to become friends with bruising.

Bump
    In Hoots We Trust.