atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Would bcaa's count toward daily protein intake?

So I try to get at least 1g/lb of bodyweight daily. After playing around with my diet for a while, I find that my results are best when doing this. I find if I take much more protein I get stomach upset (in the case of shakes) or just can't eat that much (whole food). I'm busy with school/work so I use protein shakes to help me reach my protein goals. My question is, if i take bcaa's or eaa's during my workout/after my workout, can I count that toward my daily protein goals?

Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Maybe a small amount of it, but I'm guessing most of it gets excreted thru urine probably. It would also count for zero on your daily macros.

atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Roidmonster55 View Post
    Maybe a small amount of it, but I'm guessing most of it gets excreted thru urine probably. It would also count for zero on your daily macros.
    yeah, that's what i thought about the macros. why would i excrete most of it though? would that make bcaa's a waste of money altogether then? thanks for the quick reply btw.

Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000) Roidmonster55 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, my theory behind it is this...there are a lot of claims that pure whey protein is the most preferred protein because of its rapid absorption/high amino content. So when you slam 30 plus grams of whey post workout your bloodstream gets so saturated in amino acids that most of them are useless. Your body can't save amino acids like it does fat, so you end up (literally) pissing most of it away.

I figured BCAA supps are no exception if not worse in this case, due to their purity and no other substance to slow down the digestion, they end up getting wasted even more so than whey protein. I have always gravitated toward protein blends for this reason, but I am guilty of enjoying Xtend, Purple Wraath & Modern BCAA

What I do with BCAA's is this: I enjoy sipping on them intra workout, but save maybe 6 ounces for afterward, have a light post workout snack, then down the rest of it to slow down the absorption rate. Makes me feel less wasteful.

Originally Posted by Roidmonster55 View Post
    Well, my theory behind it is this...there are a lot of claims that pure whey protein is the most preferred protein because of its rapid absorption/high amino content. So when you slam 30 plus grams of whey post workout your bloodstream gets so saturated in amino acids that most of them are useless. Your body can't save amino acids like it does fat, so you end up (literally) pissing most of it away.

I figured BCAA supps are no exception if not worse in this case, due to their purity and no other substance to slow down the digestion, they end up getting wasted even more so than whey protein. I have always gravitated toward protein blends for this reason, but I am guilty of enjoying Xtend, Purple Wraath & Modern BCAA

What I do with BCAA's is this: I enjoy sipping on them intra workout, but save maybe 6 ounces for afterward, have a light post workout snack, then down the rest of it to slow down the absorption rate. Makes me feel less wasteful.
    some great insights, thanks!

Originally Posted by romanadamov View Post
    No not really. Good news is that 1g per lb of bw is more than enough. I actually tried 0.7g per lb for like 4 months and had great results in weight gain, muscle defintion and results overall.

Protein is mad overrated, sleep is not.

I was sleeping at least 8.25 hours a day every day, for 3 months, while on University holiday. Didnt work hard, ate every 3 hours and had very systematic approach.

I took Purple Wraath/IntraXcell, still taking it and Glycergrow.

Had the best gains in a long time.

Sleep and Diet in terms of timing>>>>>>>>>>>>>Overall daily protein content.

Oh one more thing, when i wasnt taking Purple Wraath, i still noticed my recovery time was much less, DOMS wasnt as bad while having a great sleep routine.

I think sleep is the highest priority over protein.

Wouldnt be suprised if 0.5g/lb of BW could give you great results too. That 2g/lb of BW is a total insanity IMO
    Yeah, I wish I could get more hours of sleep but you know how it is with school and stuff lol.

Off topic, but how are you finding glycergrow?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by romanadamov View Post
    No not really. Good news is that 1g per lb of bw is more than enough. I actually tried 0.7g per lb for like 4 months and had great results in weight gain, muscle defintion and results overall.

Protein is mad overrated, sleep is not.

I was sleeping at least 8.25 hours a day every day, for 3 months, while on University holiday. Didnt work hard, ate every 3 hours and had very systematic approach.

I took Purple Wraath/IntraXcell, still taking it and Glycergrow.

Had the best gains in a long time.

Sleep and Diet in terms of timing>>>>>>>>>>>>>Overall daily protein content.

Oh one more thing, when i wasnt taking Purple Wraath, i still noticed my recovery time was much less, DOMS wasnt as bad while having a great sleep routine.

I think sleep is the highest priority over protein.

Wouldnt be suprised if 0.5g/lb of BW could give you great results too. That 2g/lb of BW is a total insanity IMO
    First, your "mad weight gain" was from increased calories, not your protein intake. Second, protein is not highly overrated.

Confused.jpg
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners