Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP. please read this thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132304563
    The girl competed in bikini, was on a low calorie diet, did a ton of cardio, gained back all the weight that she lost + 20 pounds.

akelly09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    OP. please read this thread.

The girl competed in bikini, was on a low calorie diet, did a ton of cardio, gained back all the weight that she lost + 20 pounds.
    Thank you so much! That was a great thread to read! Im looking into Tanji Johnson and Layne Norton as new coaches. If I cannot change the way this prep is going I'm going to have to get a new coach cuz I cant keep doing this. Everybody says fit it into your macros but how am I supposed to fit something in when my macros are soooo low?? lol I have been adding a little bit of food each day like apple or think thin bar and im down to 115.8. I am worried about losing my lean muscle though with the diet. I will be visiting my trainer this weekend and will get pics posted and let you know what happens with the diet!
    thanks everybody!

Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    So drop these trainers and do research yourself. This website has some very knowledgeable posters who would much rather have you set up a macro/calorie intake yourself and have you ask questions. I really don't understand how people fall for these contest prep coaches that use wacky old school methods and giving out cookie cutter diets to basically all their clients. This website has a lot of information, a good website as well is
    Educate yourself, get to know your body yourself and make adjustments yourself.

With that "diet" that your "coach" planned out, you are just digging yourself a hole and it's getting deeper.
    Sadly the only thing she gave me was my macros. I have done everything else my self. I have been spending a lot of time on here and simplyshredded.com and I see that These things I'm going through arent how they are supposed to be and could be hurting my progress and ability to be my best

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by akelly09 View Post
    Sadly the only thing she gave me was my macros. I have done everything else my self. I have been spending a lot of time on here and simplyshredded.com and I see that These things I'm going through arent how they are supposed to be and could be hurting my progress and ability to be my best
    Eh well at least she didn't give you a layout such as Meal 1: egg whites, broccoli, 1/2 cup oats. Meal 2: Tilapia, green beans, 1/2 cup oats. Meal 3: 4pm - chicken, broccoli....

Just read up, stop with the silly coaches. Chances are in a couple months you will know more than them if you do the proper research. All the info is right at your finger tips.
    Just a weight lifter

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My honest thoughts, OP.
    Please don't take it as an offense or discouragement.

If you are 115 pounds and still have to drop weight, it means that you probably do not have a lot of LBM. I know that bikini competitors are not supposed to be as muscular as figure competitors, but they still need some mass -ESPECIALLY in the legs and glutes.

I say - do this competition and then bulk for a year, as Cumulonimbus said, do some research, hire some reputable coach (Layne is a great choice, but there are others also, e.g., kimm4 does contest prep as well) and come back in full force next year.

Wishing you all the best.

Julia

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    My honest thoughts, OP.
    Please don't take it as an offense or discouragement.

If you are 115 pounds and still have to drop weight, it means that you probably do not have a lot of LBM. I know that bikini competitors are not supposed to be as muscular as figure competitors, but they still need some mass -ESPECIALLY in the legs and glutes.

I say - do this competition and then bulk for a year, as Cumulonimbus said, do some research, hire some reputable coach (Layne is a great choice, but there are others also, e.g., kimm4 does contest prep as well) and come back in full force next year.

Wishing you all the best.

Julia
    That is what i was thinking of doing. Im at 113 today and i know i have things to work on for this comp that might not be ready but it will be my first bikini comp and i just wanna have fun and see how it goes. I hear that NPC shows were pretty political.

Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by akelly09 View Post
    That is what i was thinking of doing. Im at 113 today and i know i have things to work on for this comp that might not be ready but it will be my first bikini comp and i just wanna have fun and see how it goes. I hear that NPC shows were pretty political.
    So did you end up staying with your coach or have you decided to swap out? Less than 4 weeks! Bleh I clocked in at 112.6 this morning... my weight has not budged since I started dieting? How funny is that? I am sitting at 1,375 (calorie wise) as of this morning, down from 2,165 and it's been 4 weeks. Oh how I miss oatmeal and bagels.

Originally Posted by Melina81 View Post
    So did you end up staying with your coach or have you decided to swap out? Less than 4 weeks! Bleh I clocked in at 112.6 this morning... my weight has not budged since I started dieting? How funny is that? I am sitting at 1,375 (calorie wise) as of this morning, down from 2,165 and it's been 4 weeks. Oh how I miss oatmeal and bagels.
    yeah i stayed with my coach and it went really well. she upped my protein to 115g and she made me some meals to take home that fixed my macros and gave me some good meal planning advice. i weighed in at 113 this morning! i am so jealous your calories are sooo high haha at least compared to mine. i still have some places that need to be worked on for the comp but i figured since its my first show for bikini i would just have fun and get the gist of things

Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Up the fats.
    This, big time. You've pretty much bottomed out. I suggest hiring a contest prep person to see you through to your competition, then stick with them for the next 6 months or so, so they can help you reset your metabolism, 'cause that thing is probably trashed. Good luck, and props for all of the hard work.

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Melina81 View Post
    Honestly, I started dropping the lbs post contest when I started introducing cals/CHO. You ladies are experiencing met. slowdown.
    Just a weight lifter

Originally Posted by Lathareo82 View Post
    This, big time. You've pretty much bottomed out. I suggest hiring a contest prep person to see you through to your competition, then stick with them for the next 6 months or so, so they can help you reset your metabolism, 'cause that thing is probably trashed. Good luck, and props for all of the hard work.
    my trainer is my contest prep coach and i will be working with her til september

Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Honestly, I started dropping the lbs post contest when I started introducing cals/CHO. You ladies are experiencing met. slowdown.
    I tend to lose weight when calories are introduced as well, hence why I was maintaining at 112lbs on 2200 as of 4 weeks ago. When I started prep I did add in creatine though, which I believe caused me to hold more fluid. I might be the same weight, but I now have new veins in my abdomen, quads, triceps, all over really... that were never there before. Yup, I am familiar with backing out of contest diets and not gaining weight. It's a slow process but well worth it.