Registered User Cheah_its_Scott's Avatar
    Cheah_its_Scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Major Head pain during push-ups

Lately, for around 2 weeks whenever I do my push-ups (typically every other day) I get a huge head pain at around 50-60, and it hurts, pretty badly, like a blade being stabbed into your brain, I manage to push through another 20-30 and the pain fades enough for me to get however many more push-ups in but when I stop and stand up the pain is back. It stays, and hurts pretty badly. After about 20 minutes it's faded enough for me to get the rest of my exercises done, but the rest of the day my head hurts and most of the next day it hurts. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong with the push-ups, am I?

psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you breathing properly?

Thats what it sounds like to me.. not breathing properly and having to strain to much.. Blood rushing to your brain.

BTW, if you are looking for size and strength.. can the pushups, unless they are weighted
    BRB, going hunting...

KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by psychowolverine View Post
    Are you breathing properly?

Thats what it sounds like to me.. not breathing properly and having to strain to much.. Blood rushing to your brain.

BTW, if you are looking for size and strength.. can the pushups, unless they are weighted
    I dunno, i think bodyweighted exercises are great for someone whos only 13 still...Lets them develop good form and conditioning for the future. But i know what your sayin.
    "I'm worried about deadlifts too. I mean the word "dead" has got to be in there for a reason. Are you sure they won't kill me?" - olympic

tdiddymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdiddymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdiddymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdiddymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdiddymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdiddymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdiddymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdiddymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdiddymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdiddymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdiddymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

both good advice

my suggestion: do them slow.. breat in up, out down. keep good form.. ie don't let all the blood go to your head... and don't stick your ass in the air lol... j/k man
    Blood, sweat and tears make a champion!

somethings money can't buy, and your body doesn't take visa.

There is a reason for everything and an excuse for nothing!

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It sounds like you are not breathing properly.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Yeah, that or he's doing them elevated and just not accustomed to being inverted (it's worst with handstand pushups). That's something some people become accustomed to, though maybe some people can't due to a medical condition?

Seems like something to talk to a doctor about. Where exactly is the head pain? And so forth.