thebigcat45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what will this workout do?

i know nothing about weight lifting but was trying to put a workout together for my son and i, is this gonna be muscle gain or more of a lean muscle gain or should i trash it all together....

monday-
    30 min cardio
    incline dumbel - 1 set 15 reps, 2-3 set 10 reps
    flat dumbel press - 4-5 sets 12 reps increase weight ea. set
    incline dumbell flies - 3 sets 15 reps
    set ups - 4 sets 25
    crunches 4 sets 25

Tuesday-
    30 min cardio
    lat pull down 3-4 sets 12 reps
    bent over rows - 3-4 sets 12 reps
    shoulder shrugs - 4 sets 25
    seates or standing overhead dumbel press - 3-4 sets to failure.

Wed.
    30 min cardio
    squats - 6 sets 12 reps
    dumbell lunges - 4 sets 12 reps
    stiff legged deadlift - 3 sets 12 reps
    seated calf raises - 4 set 12 reps
    one legged deadlift - 3 sets 10 reps ea. leg

thur.
    30 min cardio
    standing bar bell curls 3 sets 15 reps
    preacher curls 3-4 sets 12 reps
    seated dumbel curls 3 sets 10 reps
    overhead tricep extention 3 sets 15 reps or to failure
    lying overhead tricep extentions 5 sets 15 reps
    cable rope extentions 3 sets 12 reps
    tricep kick backs 3 sets 12 reps
    flat bench tricep dips - 3 sets 12 reps

Fri.
    cardio
    heavy bag, wrestling, mits etc.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Go with this. It's all laid out for you, with all the variables already accounted for:

*Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

thanks alot, does this workout build bulk or lean? i love your sig "you cant out train bad nutrition" thats my biggest down fall!! any threads on this subject? i just started coming to this forum and it's alittle mind boggling...theres sooo much to read.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by thebigcat45 View Post
    thanks alot, does this workout build bulk or lean?
    I'm unsure of exactly what you're asking here. It's a basic bodybuilding program. The gains you make from it will largely be dependent on nutrition; eat at a moderate surplus, and the majority of your gains will be muscle mass, with only moderate fat gain. Eat a large surplus, without regard to how much/what you're eating, and of course you'll get fat along with adding muscle.

i love your sig "you cant out train bad nutrition" thats my biggest down fall!! any threads on this subject?
    Here's the best place to start:
    *Emma-Leigh's calorie/macro thread:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

thanks for the replys, your workout seems like a simple one. I am one of the guys that wants results now and i know that dont happen. will i see gains and growth with htis workout? how did my workout look? am i over working certain body parts to much, are the lifts and workout not gonna work? im just wondering how i did putting together this workout. thanks again

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thanks for the replys, your workout seems like a simple one. I am one of the guys that wants results now and i know that dont happen. will i see gains and growth with htis workout? how did my workout look? am i over working certain body parts to much, are the lifts and workout not gonna work? im just wondering how i did putting together this workout. thanks again
    If you do the program as it's written and eat appropriately, you will see results. You probably won't see them "now," however. Unfortunately, fast progression is still a slow process. After a month of training and eating right, you may notice your clothes are getting a bit tighter. It will probably take several months before you can really look at a photo from today, compare it to your reflection in the mirror, and go "Hey, I've put on some muscle!"

The workout you put together is how a lot of routines we see put together by beginners look. Assuming hypertrophy is your primary goal, the 30min cardio at the start of each session is not a good thing, partly due to it using up precious calories, and partly due to it increasing your level of fatigue by the time you start lifting weights, making the actual strength part of the session potentially less effective. There's about 100 arm exercises, which no one really needs. On the bright side, it does include squats, presses, pull downs, and rows, all of which are good exercises to have in a program. Still, if you don't know what results to realistically expect from a program, and how to program for specific results, you shouldn't be writing a program for yourself, and definitely not for anyone else.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

ShankzZz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShankzZz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShankzZz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do more squats!

thats what I was looking for, thanks for the reply. It just seemed like a fairly easy routine. I guess if it works it works. Can i add a cardio after my workout or just do it on my off days? also will i loose muscle while running? i just basically want to look and feel better, I want to show muscle but get my cardio, blood pressure, lungs etc. in better shape. thanks again

Capeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I were you i'd start with ripptoes starting strength. Its a really good for people who are starting to workout. If you follow it the way its suppose to be you'll see results in strength and size.
    Ripptoes: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131379243

Good luck

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    For a beginning lifter simple is best. The further you are from your maximum potential the less work you have to do to induce muscle growth and the less variety you need. It is also easier to do to much work and not recover enough between workouts to progress. Conversely though you can recover quite quickly and grow quit fast with the right workload.

The workout you posted was to many exercises, far more than you need to induce growth. Not done often enough to allow you to progress as fast as you could. In other word with that workout you would be doing 10 times the work for 1/3 the results.

thats what I was looking for, thanks for the reply. It just seemed like a fairly easy routine. I guess if it works it works. Can i add a cardio after my workout or just do it on my off days? also will i loose muscle while running? i just basically want to look and feel better, I want to show muscle but get my cardio, blood pressure, lungs etc. in better shape. thanks again
    It's a simple routine but far from easy wait till week four or five, especially the second run through week four.

You can do the cardio whenever it's convenient for you. Especially since, unlike a strict bodybuilder, you are doing it for the and lung heart health, not just to burn unwanted calories. You are going to burn calories, and if you structure your diet and workout correctly they will come from mostly fat cells. Let the diet go wonky and they could come from muscle but that more or less unlikely for the usually slightly overweight guy, usually they just help you burn up food.

Just as a final note about beginners or being far from your potential. Everyone starts there and advanced athletes sometimes get themselves into trouble for taking dangerous chemicals in futile striving to get their bodies to stay responsive like a beginners.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17