Registered User ladywarrior2007's Avatar
    ladywarrior2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How can I improve my speed?

What r some drills i can do 2 improve my speed & 2 improve my first step? Does a parachute help improve your speed?

deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100)
    i heard but you will look like an idiot the best way is to do explosive traing (fast weight training)

watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by deltaforce View Post
    i heard but you will look like an idiot the best way is to do explosive traing (fast weight training)
    You won't look like an idiot when it pays off...

Fellow New Orleanian! neworleans's Avatar
    neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    how does that make you look stupid? you onli lookstupid whatever u do.

OP: yes parachutes will help. running 10, 20, 40 yd spirnts, cleans, explosive squats also.
    ATL Falcons
    Milwaukee Brewers
    LeGoat

deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100)
    a guy in his backyard running around with a dam parachute !

or a guy in the road running around with a parchute or better enough crossing the road like an idiot with a parachute i would run that piece of **** over 4xx then pil out on his useless brain!

Ncwinn4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well considering delta's circumstances. He already looks like an idiot, so ask yourself what do you have to lose?

Captnj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ladywarrior2007 View Post
    What r some drills i can do 2 improve my speed & 2 improve my first step? Does a parachute help improve your speed?
    For speed, we need to work on several components.

The first is relative strength : How strong are you compared to your bodyweight? Chinups and max squats/deadlifts are a good indicator of this.

second is rate of force development: how fast can you USE the strength that you have? Here is where plyos/jumps sq can help. But this point is meaningless if we are not strong compared to our bodyweight.

finally is technique transfer: I may be strong and powerful but don't know good technique, then all that strength won't transfer that much into a better time. Here is where we need to actually run at least 2x a week to build technique into our nervous system.

Some good speed training DVD reviews at my website www.feview.com

HOpe it helps,
    regds
    Jonathan

Of The Clan Of Christ. Uber-neggR's Avatar
    Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Captnj View Post
    For speed, we need to work on several components.

The first is relative strength : How strong are you compared to your bodyweight? Chinups and max squats/deadlifts are a good indicator of this.

second is rate of force development: how fast can you USE the strength that you have? Here is where plyos/jumps sq can help. But this point is meaningless if we are not strong compared to our bodyweight.

finally is technique transfer: I may be strong and powerful but don't know good technique, then all that strength won't transfer that much into a better time. Here is where we need to actually run at least 2x a week to build technique into our nervous system.

Some good speed training DVD reviews at my website www.feview.com

HOpe it helps,
    regds
    Jonathan

What he said.
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

-SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not to sound like a smartass or anything...but this is generally how it goes.

You lift to get bigger and stronger.

You run to get faster.

On a serious note, I don't see the complication in speed training. If you want to get faster, work on starts and run 40s. Do explosive lifts, THATS IT!! BOOM SHAKA-LAKA it's magic...NOT. It's not that hard, there is no secret to it, you just do it.
    "Courage without a conscience is a wild beast."-Robert G. Ingersoll

rswan7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by deltaforce View Post
    a guy in his backyard running around with a dam parachute !

or a guy in the road running around with a parchute or better enough crossing the road like an idiot with a parachute i would run that piece of **** over 4xx then pil out on his useless brain!
    run on a track...
    No Excuses

Tanner88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanner88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanner88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanner88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanner88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanner88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanner88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanner88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanner88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanner88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanner88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Run and Lift, work on your squat. Get your number's up, and then once your squatting 1.5 to 2 times your bodyweight use some plyometrics.

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah if you want to improve speed obviously run on a treadmill or around a track frequently. also, try to do sprints. technique is a big part of speed so practice will help you. also, lifts such as speed squats, hang cleans, and power cleans will all help to improve your speed.

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by athenafootball View Post
    yeah if you want to improve speed obviously run on a treadmill or around a track frequently. also, try to do sprints. technique is a big part of speed so practice will help you. also, lifts such as speed squats, hang cleans, and power cleans will all help to improve your speed.
    to increase speed, runnign does nothing
    only running will only make you better at endurance

if you want speed, you have to do sprints, explosives, and plyos etc,.