i've recently made a change between weight gainers and also had to make a switch from using milk to water as a result of the consistency being too thick. my question is, knowing that milk will add more calories to the weight gainer, will this result in a loss of body mass?? i feel like i may have lost some mass in the process but not much or quite sure why.
Thread: weight gainers: water vs. milk
02-24-2011, 02:40 PM #1
weight gainers: water vs. milk
02-24-2011, 02:40 PM #2
- Join Date: Jan 2009
- Location: Rhode Island, United States
- Age: 25
- Stats: 5'8", 188 lbs
- Posts: 3,320
- Rep Power: 4486
02-24-2011, 02:42 PM #3
- Join Date: Oct 2010
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
- Stats: 5'10", 190 lbs
- Posts: 6,878
- Rep Power: 32585
1) Don't BUY weight gainers. Make your own. Whey + Casein + Milk + PB + Oats + Bananas + Yogurt + yaddayah.
2) Try mixing both water and milk. The added protein and cals of milk is definitely beneficial. But if you use water, you'll digest the shake faster and allow yourself to eat more/whole foods sooner.
02-24-2011, 02:44 PM #4
02-24-2011, 03:01 PM #5
- Join Date: Jun 2009
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
- Age: 30
- Stats: 5'7", 203 lbs
- Posts: 5,538
- Rep Power: 6504
i persoanlly use water because im lactose to the milk. Only reason why I use water.
By Pierce768 in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 6Last Post: 02-23-2011, 10:43 AM
By JamieM-UK in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-15-2010, 08:17 PM
By paradize in forum Supplement Misc.Replies: 6Last Post: 08-23-2007, 03:42 AM
By welshace13 in forum NutritionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-28-2006, 04:30 AM