alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

What foods to eat after eating wisdom teeth pulled out??

I gotta get my wisdom teeth pulled out in a few weeks and I was mad when doctor said I couldn't eat any hard foods or go to the gym for 1 week, I am scared that I will lose a lot of weight and muscle in the week off, what foods should I eat to keep my protein up, should I drink a lot of protein shakes every day, I don't want to eat junk food like the doctor is saying, he says to eat pudding and ice cream everyday and in my head I was like no, any help would be nice, thanks.

I'll tube your trach thricenotrice's Avatar
    thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just eat whatever... certain circumstances don't warrant eating healthy/staying strict. Though if you're really set on it....
    Apple sauce
    SF jello
    SF pudding
    No sugar added ice cream
    MRP shakes
    smoothies

And so on

IntraVol will become famous soon enough. (+50) IntraVol will become famous soon enough. (+50) IntraVol will become famous soon enough. (+50) IntraVol will become famous soon enough. (+50) IntraVol will become famous soon enough. (+50) IntraVol will become famous soon enough. (+50) IntraVol will become famous soon enough. (+50) IntraVol will become famous soon enough. (+50) IntraVol will become famous soon enough. (+50) IntraVol will become famous soon enough. (+50) IntraVol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @alleyezonme3

I had my wisdom teeth pulled 3 weeks ago and I was told the exact same information from my dentist - Let me give you some advice.

1 - Fish Oil Supplements.

Stop taking them if your supplementing with them. They cause the blood to thin and you will find it hard to form a clot in the sockets and it will cause excessive bleeding. Try to ween yourself off them at least a week before you go under the knife.

2. Don't go to the gym.

When I say this - You can still train but keep is simple and keep it low impact. After my operation I went back to training at the 4 day mark post extraction and it was a big mistake. I went heavy, raised my heart rate and of course the clots failed and my mouth started pouring out with blood. I ended up with a infection and it put me in bed for another week.

3. You can eat normally and avoid the crap.

I proceeded to eat normally however I blitzed nearly everything into a paste similar to baby food. I found it easy because I eat allot of vegetables and fruit and of course it would depend on your diet. I stuck to softer meats mainly in the form of tinned salmon and tuna.

4. Keep the sockets clean.

When you leave the surgery ask the dentist/surgeon for a cleaning syringe. After every meal rinse your mouth with warm salty water and then flush with the syringe. This will ensure infection is kept to a minimum.

Good luck with it - I've been under the knife on numerous occasions and I found this to be the worst in terms of recovery. I ended up with bloody sockets, infections and dry sockets. Dry sockets are the worst!

In total I lost 2kg's over the two weeks I had off. I actually came back stronger and made new gains and set new records on 1RMs. The break was actually welcome.

Of course these recommendations are based on my recent experience but there are other people out there who may have different thoughts.

You'll be fine. Just be sensible.
    BAppSc(Hons) - Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Nutrition Sciences)
    MDietSt - Master of Dietetics Studies

University of Queensland, St Lucia Campus

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Team FIT Athlete @ St Marys CrossFit.
    Asics Sponsered Athlete.

tave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Among other things, I lived off of vanilla bean and french vanilla ice cream for a week per doc's recommendations. Twas wonderful! But many soft foods that won't crumble will do (like peanut butter and mashed potatoes - not together!).

You might want to rinse your mouth often no matter what you eat to keep your openings free of stuff that can get in them.

waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I havent had my wisdom teeth pulled, but I'd imagine that eating would be painful. The blender will probably be your best friend. Throw a bunch of foods into a blender and sip. For example (some food ideas)

-Milk, protein powder, yogurt, peanut butter, cottage cheese, olive oil, tuna.

Not all together,Just experiment a little bit

HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled I was eating normal food the next day; anesthesia, post-op stitches - and all. I didn't listen to the Doc - it went fine.

HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeartForm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's the most important thing. I went through a lot of mouthwash.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Homemade shakes, Jamba Juice, ice cream, etc..
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

TrojanFtball82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrojanFtball82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrojanFtball82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrojanFtball82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrojanFtball82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrojanFtball82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrojanFtball82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrojanFtball82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrojanFtball82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrojanFtball82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrojanFtball82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Google gomad....

Gallon of milk a day

I eat clean most of the year (around 2000-2400 on a cut) do gomad for my bulks and that usually puts me right at about 4800-5000 total for the day. Whole milk has all the protein, fat and carbs your body will need until you can get back to eating normal again

mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000)
    milkshakes
    milkshakes
    milkshakes
    soup
    milkshakes

ya dig ?

BookNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BookNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BookNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BookNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BookNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BookNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BookNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BookNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BookNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BookNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BookNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Be careful with the shakes though, you can't really suck on a straw, it can rip the clots out.

I mostly ate yogurt and buttered pasta

TopStarUSA is just really nice. (+1000) TopStarUSA is just really nice. (+1000) TopStarUSA is just really nice. (+1000) TopStarUSA is just really nice. (+1000) TopStarUSA is just really nice. (+1000) TopStarUSA is just really nice. (+1000) TopStarUSA is just really nice. (+1000) TopStarUSA is just really nice. (+1000) TopStarUSA is just really nice. (+1000) TopStarUSA is just really nice. (+1000) TopStarUSA is just really nice. (+1000)
    chocolate milk shakes!!!!!!!
    Kpop Fans Get Repped!

alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by IntraVol View Post
    @alleyezonme3

I had my wisdom teeth pulled 3 weeks ago and I was told the exact same information from my dentist - Let me give you some advice.

1 - Fish Oil Supplements.

Stop taking them if your supplementing with them. They cause the blood to thin and you will find it hard to form a clot in the sockets and it will cause excessive bleeding. Try to ween yourself off them at least a week before you go under the knife.

2. Don't go to the gym.

When I say this - You can still train but keep is simple and keep it low impact. After my operation I went back to training at the 4 day mark post extraction and it was a big mistake. I went heavy, raised my heart rate and of course the clots failed and my mouth started pouring out with blood. I ended up with a infection and it put me in bed for another week.

3. You can eat normally and avoid the crap.

I proceeded to eat normally however I blitzed nearly everything into a paste similar to baby food. I found it easy because I eat allot of vegetables and fruit and of course it would depend on your diet. I stuck to softer meats mainly in the form of tinned salmon and tuna.

When you leave the surgery ask the dentist/surgeon for a cleaning syringe. After every meal rinse your mouth with warm salty water and then flush with the syringe. This will ensure infection is kept to a minimum.

Good luck with it - I've been under the knife on numerous occasions and I found this to be the worst in terms of recovery. I ended up with bloody sockets, infections and dry sockets. Dry sockets are the worst!

In total I lost 2kg's over the two weeks I had off. I actually came back stronger and made new gains and set new records on 1RMs. The break was actually welcome.

Of course these recommendations are based on my recent experience but there are other people out there who may have different thoughts.

You'll be fine. Just be sensible.
    thanks for the tips, I do take a fish oil and multivitamin daily, so I should probably stop taking those, I am just worried about losing a lot of weight and muscle, and hopefully I can go to the gym within a week, I guess I will have some time to play video games lol

doublefront has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doublefront has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doublefront has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doublefront has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doublefront has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doublefront has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doublefront has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doublefront has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doublefront has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doublefront has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doublefront has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BookNerd View Post
    Be careful with the shakes though, you can't really suck on a straw, it can rip the clots out.

I mostly ate yogurt and buttered pasta

^^^This is crucial. You really want to make sure you let the blood clot in your sockets. Using a straw will potentially cause dry socket, which is probably one of the more painful things that can happen. I had mine pulled a few months back, and thankfully everything went smoothly and I experienced very little pain. If you follow the doctors orders, you'll be fine.

kmelch10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmelch10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmelch10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmelch10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmelch10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmelch10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmelch10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmelch10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmelch10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmelch10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmelch10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If your blender is good enough just make a few weight gaining protein shakes set to your macros. Combine protein powder, oats, peanut butter, banana, and some olive oil if need extra fat. I blend the oats first to make them into a powder then add rest of dry then wet ingredients. Comes out pretty smooth.

ZanaJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile =)

Thank you so much for this.. I had mine removed 2 hours ago.. no pain yet, the constant bleeding is just annoying! Also decided not to train then cause I don't do cardio or lightweight lol.. and I need a break too.

FishySteak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FishySteak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FishySteak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FishySteak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FishySteak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FishySteak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FishySteak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FishySteak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FishySteak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FishySteak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FishySteak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oatmeal, rice porridge (just add more water and cook longer). Mushy baked potatoes/sweet potatoes. Bananas + PB. Milk, protein shakes, cottage cheese. Or can buy some softer white-fleshed fish like flounder.

Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    First and foremost I would highly recommend making some bone broth.

Mashed potatoes and butter....lots and lots of butter.

Cook your vegetables more than you normally would and again add lots and lots of butter.

Raw eggs should be easy to get down. Maybe put them in a shake.

Beef gelatin powder (along with the bone broth) is a great source of protein and may even speed up the healing of your gums. Find it at a health food store and add it to shakes for protein or even sprinkle it on your mashed potatoes.

Avocados!

Soft flaky fishes
    …we have not spent the last 65 million or so years finely honing our physiology to watch Oprah. Like it or not, we are the product of a very long process of adaptation to a harsh physical existence, and the past couple centuries of comparative ease and plenty are not enough time to change our genome. We humans are at our best when our existence mirrors, or at least simulates, the one we are still genetically adapted to live. And that is the purpose of exercise. - Mark Rippetoe