Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it necessary to eat like Jay Cutler and Kai Greene to fuel muscle growth?

I mean, c'mon. These guys are chowing down around 5 pounds of lean meat and/or fish a day. I love to eat, but not that much. I'm kinda big--6'1" and 260 lbs--but when I tried to eat like them I spent more time than I want to admit in the bathroom.

Chris_co will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris_co will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris_co will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris_co will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris_co will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris_co will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris_co will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris_co will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris_co will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris_co will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris_co will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yep, you have to eat exactly like they do or you're not going to gain any muscle.

concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10) concisefatty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Chris_co View Post
    Yep, you have to eat exactly like they do or you're not going to gain any muscle.
    lol

LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you 260lbs with like 3% body fat and on lots and lots of special "supplements?" If so, the answer may be yes!

Bigger, Stronger, Faster. kingof_queens's Avatar
    kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LgFriess View Post
    Are you 260lbs with like 3% body fat and on lots and lots of special "supplements?" If so, the answer may be yes!
    I think his username says otherwise...
    "The Mind is the Battleground"

"I will not stop until I have an armor plated chest, boulder shoulders, castle back, pillar quads and a set of rock solid abs for the ladies"

Originally Posted by LgFriess View Post
    Nah, man...I'd like to get down to 8% bodyfat (from 25%) but I'm afraid to lose muscle mass if I go too fast.

But assuming I get down to a rockhard 8% BF at around 200lbs--then could I gradually increase meals until I'm consuming all that (clean) food and see gradual lean muscle gains? Guess i just answered my own question, huh.

It's tough to get 200 grams of protein a day--carbs and fat, no problem--but protein...At least I avoid fried foods in my diet and no snacks or candy. I do eat veggies and fruit every day. Burgers and pizza are my downfall.

Better (or more ridiculous) question: If I eat half the amount that Jay and Kai eat, will I gain half their muscle? Cause i'd be tickled pink just with those gains...lol

Originally Posted by kingof_queens View Post
    I think his username says otherwise...
    Hey, dude, I just saw your profile and you've made an amazing transformation! I'm on the same journey, I've added muscle gains to my body overall but just can't lose the gut. I lift heavy 5 days a week and do 20-30 mintues cardio after lifting. I know I don't always eat right but I try to limit my total calories to around 3000 per day. Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right, bro. Congrats!

IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is necessary for you to adjust your meal plan to your caloric needs, protein/carbs/fats requirements too.. and if in bulking phase to up these three a bit.

Originally Posted by IvanStankov View Post
    It is necessary for you to adjust your meal plan to your caloric needs, protein/carbs/fats requirements too.. and if in bulking phase to up these three a bit.
    The problem is that sometimes I'm extremely hungry and can eat a ton, but most of the time I eat like this: I'll just want a banana and a glass of skim milk, then an hour or two later some peanut butter on wheat bread, then an hour later a handful of raisins, then an hour later a foot long sub, then several hours later 4 scrambled eggs and 2 slices wheat toast and a glass of apple juice, then two hours later some spaghetti and meatballs, etc. It still doesn't add up to a lot of protein...

peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by concisefatty View Post
    The problem is that sometimes I'm extremely hungry and can eat a ton, but most of the time I eat like this: I'll just want a banana and a glass of skim milk, then an hour or two later some peanut butter on wheat bread, then an hour later a handful of raisins, then an hour later a foot long sub, then several hours later 4 scrambled eggs and 2 slices wheat toast and a glass of apple juice, then two hours later some spaghetti and meatballs, etc. It still doesn't add up to a lot of protein...
    You néed to add some more meat. Throw is some beef jerky as snacks. Cut down on juice.

rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You could grill a bunch of chicken breasts ahead of time and then just eat them as needed.
    I'd eat a French goat turd if I thought it'd make me bigger.

Pardon the mess; body under reconstruction.

Steve1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Buy some cheap whey protein and mix it into foods you eat. I mix whey into oatmeal and cottage cheese.

delongeisgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) delongeisgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) delongeisgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) delongeisgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) delongeisgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) delongeisgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) delongeisgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) delongeisgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) delongeisgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) delongeisgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) delongeisgod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I follow Cutler on ********, The dude eats steak and rice everyday.

docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Consult the stickies at the top of the nutrition forum. Calculate your caloric requirements and than adjust your macronutrients to suit your goals.... plenty of info on these forums, all you gotta do is use the search button.

banana, raisins, apple juice.....foot long sub.....not great food choices since your complaining about not getting enough protein. Instead of a banana and a glass of skim milk. Put that milk in some oats and cook it. Handful of raisins and a foot long sub.....Why not have some grapes and a chicken breast sandwich with some avocado or something. 4 scrambled eggs, 2 slices toast and apple juice? how about 1 apple, 3 egg whites 1 yolk and 1 slice of toast. That apple is gonna make you feel fuller and your losing all the fibre by drinking that ****ty juice. Spaghetti and meatballs? how about some ground beef with a side of rice or pasta and some vegetables. U see my point.

OH, and FORGET what professional bodybuilders do. They are elite ethlites who take high amounts of performance enhancing drugs, and have exceptional genetics. What they do is suitable for them, AND ONLY people like them. Base all your diet choices on your own requirements and physical properties.
    Bumblebeetuna

Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dudeguyy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Just watch the video and you'll know exactly what to eat to get huge... as long as you are also getting generous helpings of DAT DERE MUSCLETECH!!

That's obviously key.

Originally Posted by docchio View Post
    Consult the stickies at the top of the nutrition forum. Calculate your caloric requirements and than adjust your macronutrients to suit your goals.... plenty of info on these forums, all you gotta do is use the search button.

banana, raisins, apple juice.....foot long sub.....not great food choices since your complaining about not getting enough protein. Instead of a banana and a glass of skim milk. Put that milk in some oats and cook it. Handful of raisins and a foot long sub.....Why not have some grapes and a chicken breast sandwich with some avocado or something. 4 scrambled eggs, 2 slices toast and apple juice? how about 1 apple, 3 egg whites 1 yolk and 1 slice of toast. That apple is gonna make you feel fuller and your losing all the fibre by drinking that ****ty juice. Spaghetti and meatballs? how about some ground beef with a side of rice or pasta and some vegetables. U see my point.

OH, and FORGET what professional bodybuilders do. They are elite ethlites who take high amounts of performance enhancing drugs, and have exceptional genetics. What they do is suitable for them, AND ONLY people like them. Base all your diet choices on your own requirements and physical properties.
    Dude, that's good advice but what if I don't have much time for cooking? I work a lot of overtime and barely have time to get into the gym...

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lettuce be reality... read the stickies.
    Just a weight lifter

ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dudeguyy View Post

Just watch the video and you'll know exactly what to eat to get huge... as long as you are also getting generous helpings of DAT DERE MUSCLETECH!!

That's obviously key.
    Lmao most ridiculously dumb video ever

Originally Posted by Dudeguyy View Post

That's obviously key.
    LOL I think there's a lot more involved here than just meals and Muscletech products...It's interesting what he doesn't mention...

What did these guys eat to get big BEFORE they received all those big product endorsements? What did they eat when they didn't have much money? I couldn't afford all that food and supplements.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ The really funny thing is the only foods he is actually consuming (or at least about to consume on camera) are whole foods. He sure does talk about using his sponsor's products, but he don't seem to actually consume them...at least in this video.

BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The best thing for you to get info is to take some time and read the stickies.

Asides from that, if you don't like protein food or can't cook it, and you're protein levels are really low, I'd say buy some protein powder which is very practical and is protein after all. Whole foods are ideal, but I think shakes are much better than no protein.

Originally Posted by BOB55555 View Post
    The best thing for you to get info is to take some time and read the stickies.

Asides from that, if you don't like protein food or can't cook it, and you're protein levels are really low, I'd say buy some protein powder which is very practical and is protein after all. Whole foods are ideal, but I think shakes are much better than no protein.
    I read one of the stickies--about calculating how many calories and macros I might need--and honestly, I felt that a degree in higher mathematics would be necessary to decipher it.

Couldn't I just get protein from great tasting sources--such as a Meat Lover's Pizza, or a foot long Chili Cheese Dog?

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This phrase should be a sticky:

There's only so much that you can do to your diet before little changes are not going to make a difference. If you hit your protein and calories, the rest is primarily irrelevant.
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGOGW90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Couldn't I just get protein from great tasting sources--such as a Meat Lover's Pizza, or a foot long Chili Cheese Dog?
    This!^

ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    your protein consumption is based on your lean body mass, not your body weight. While you may weigh 260, and phil heath may weigh 270, his lbm is far... far... more than you due to your high bodyfat....

Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    is it necessary for me to drink my own urine..? No, but its sterile and i like the taste.

Talking

Originally Posted by Dreamer_ View Post
    is it necessary for me to drink my own urine..? No, but its sterile and i like the taste.
    and you always know the source! LMAO

bsnakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Idk why its an issue, you have a job working overtime meaning you're an adult and adults with goals figure out ways to make it work. How many people on this forum are going to school full time, working and trying to get an amazing physique? I know I'm one of em. Sometimes I'm up at 2AM cooking yams and chicken breast for the next few days. Does it suck? Yep, but I chose this life, no one told me to bodybuild. I'm doing it on my own and therefore I should be able to do what it takes to make it work. I'm not trying to be a dick, but buck up man. Cedric McMillan, IFBB pro is active duty in the army, man. No complaints, just do work, it's a lifestyle we chose and you have to make serious sacrifices. 5 hours a week at the gym is not sacrifice. Eating 5 times a day, cooking 30 meals for the week, spending more than you'd like on groceries, getting up early, making sure life outside of BB is functioning to the best of your ability, giving up most garbage food and drinking, going to bed early, telling people that you can't do something because you need to cook or train, that's just the beginning of the sacrifices most of these guys made to get to where they are. Not to mention, if we are talking Jay Cutler caliber people, the amount of extra stuff you have to put into your body, the cost of that if you're not making Jay money. I mean this is life, you want it, get it. No one can do it for you.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bsnakes View Post
    Idk why its an issue, you have a job working overtime meaning you're an adult and adults with goals figure out ways to make it work. How many people on this forum are going to school full time, working and trying to get an amazing physique? I know I'm one of em. Sometimes I'm up at 2AM cooking yams and chicken breast for the next few days. Does it suck? Yep, but I chose this life, no one told me to bodybuild. I'm doing it on my own and therefore I should be able to do what it takes to make it work. I'm not trying to be a dick, but buck up man. Cedric McMillan, IFBB pro is active duty in the army, man. No complaints, just do work, it's a lifestyle we chose and you have to make serious sacrifices. 5 hours a week at the gym is not sacrifice. Eating 5 times a day, cooking 30 meals for the week, spending more than you'd like on groceries, getting up early, making sure life outside of BB is functioning to the best of your ability, giving up most garbage food and drinking, going to bed early, telling people that you can't do something because you need to cook or train, that's just the beginning of the sacrifices most of these guys made to get to where they are. Not to mention, if we are talking Jay Cutler caliber people, the amount of extra stuff you have to put into your body, the cost of that if you're not making Jay money. I mean this is life, you want it, get it. No one can do it for you.
    Thanks for bumping the past.

By the way, all that stuff you're doing, which I presume you label as dedication, is simply unnecessary to achieve the outcome you desire.

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Buckets of GH and AAS. It's what's for dinner.
    "Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.