Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bent over Rows vs Cable Rows vs One Arm DB Rows

I have had a history of back problems and when I even look at someone doing a bent over bb row my back starts to hurt. Are cable rows or one arm db rows hitting the same muscles? I understand that the bent over BB rows incorporate a lot more core/stability muscles but for someone who is just concentrating on their back do these alternatives offer the same value?

gm516 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gm516 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gm516 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gm516 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gm516 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gm516 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gm516 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gm516 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gm516 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gm516 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gm516 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    have you tried wearing a belt to help with the pain?

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    You can get pretty much the same effects from seated rows or inverted rows if you do them properly.

The key to doing them properly is to let the weight spread your scapula before each rep. If you just sit there and crank out partial reps on them without doing that, you're just working your biceps. Let the weight pull your arms to complete extension, let your upper back open up, and then pull on each rep.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snausage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gm516 View Post
    have you tried wearing a belt to help with the pain?
    No I have never worn a belt while lifting. I dunno just thought they were for hard core power lifters and never really researched them.

kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile If your back hurts when you do that

Dont do that...cable rows will suffice...one arms rows are o.k. Too...bentover bb rows are perhaps the most difficult back exercise and mostly because guys are using too much weight...try doing it underhand with less weight..

Originally Posted by snausage View Post
    i have had a history of back problems and when i even look at someone doing a bent over bb row my back starts to hurt. Are cable rows or one arm db rows hitting the same muscles? I understand that the bent over bb rows incorporate a lot more core/stability muscles but for someone who is just concentrating on their back do these alternatives offer the same value?
    KEN LECLAIR

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Snausage View Post
    No I have never worn a belt while lifting. I dunno just thought they were for hard core power lifters and never really researched them.
    Try 'em. You might be surprised how much it helps.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I actually tend to have much better form doing bent over rows. Kind of like when doing squats and deads, you focus on keeping proper form. With cable rows I tend to slack off and don't use great form, and have jacked my back on occasion doing them. I guess it may depend on where its easier to maintain focus and use proper form.

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    You can get pretty much the same effects from seated rows or inverted rows if you do them properly.

The key to doing them properly is to let the weight spread your scapula before each rep. If you just sit there and crank out partial reps on them without doing that, you're just working your biceps. Let the weight pull your arms to complete extension, let your upper back open up, and then pull on each rep.
    Great advice here... I used to end up doing those stupid partials all the time (because that's how I saw most guys in the gym do them) until I figured out how to do the exercise properly. Definitely makes a difference.

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Great advice here... I used to end up doing those stupid partials all the time (because that's how I saw most guys in the gym do them) until I figured out how to do the exercise properly. Definitely makes a difference.
    Agree. A full stretch at the bottom is key, as is slow steady movement and even a brief pause and squeeze at the top of the contraction.
    Overweight and arrogant

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I love BOR and IMO nothing replaces them. But if I had to choose between cable rows or one arm db rows I would go with the one arm db rows.
    On the list for Bannukah

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Snausage View Post
    I have had a history of back problems and when I even look at someone doing a bent over bb row my back starts to hurt. Are cable rows or one arm db rows hitting the same muscles? I understand that the bent over BB rows incorporate a lot more core/stability muscles but for someone who is just concentrating on their back do these alternatives offer the same value?
    considering you have back issues, maybe the fixed t-bar row? then your chest can rest against something, and pull back, as opposed to standing/bending over, and potentially straining. Just thought I'd throw that one out there to ya, too.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    I love BOR and IMO nothing replaces them. But if I had to choose between cable rows or one arm db rows I would go with the one arm db rows.
    I will echo what Bodyhard says here. Although cable rows and one-armed rows are fine exercises, they are not substitutes for BB bent over rows.

If you have back issues, I would stay away from seated cable rows. As you approach failure with the movement, it is too easy to lose form and hurt your back. If you are going too light to approach failure, this exercise will do nothing for you.

One-armed rows are a safe movement, but imo you have to go heavy with them to be of any benefit. You do not say whether you are doing chins and pullups. If I had lower back issues, I would make sure that I prioritize chins, and supplement with one-armed rows.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    I will echo what Bodyhard says here. Although cable rows and one-armed rows are fine exercises, they are not substitutes for BB bent over rows.

If you have back issues, I would stay away from seated cable rows. As you approach failure with the movement, it is too easy to lose form and hurt your back. If you are going too light to approach failure, this exercise will do nothing for you.

One-armed rows are a safe movement, but imo you have to go heavy with them to be of any benefit. You do not say whether you are doing chins and pullups. If I had lower back issues, I would make sure that I prioritize chins, and supplement with one-armed rows.

Ray
    Pullups are the number one priority on back days. I am still working my way to unassisted but with any luck by the end of March I will be able to hammer out 3 sets of ten bodyweight. Chins I do on bicep/leg day and those are much easier for me.

Thanks for everyones input it is appreciated. Maybe once I feel comfortable with the strength in my back I may give them a shot again starting light of course!

Dsum74 is just really nice. (+1000) Dsum74 is just really nice. (+1000) Dsum74 is just really nice. (+1000) Dsum74 is just really nice. (+1000) Dsum74 is just really nice. (+1000) Dsum74 is just really nice. (+1000) Dsum74 is just really nice. (+1000) Dsum74 is just really nice. (+1000) Dsum74 is just really nice. (+1000) Dsum74 is just really nice. (+1000) Dsum74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kenethleclair View Post
    Dont do that...cable rows will suffice...one arms rows are o.k. Too...bentover bb rows are perhaps the most difficult back exercise and mostly because guys are using too much weight...try doing it underhand with less weight..
    I agree I was one of those Idiots I'm still have problems with my bicept tendon use to do 405 bent ber bar row up until 3months ago ..

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the lower back muscles are notoriously slow to recover, and they take a beating with many exercises...squats, deads, rdl's, rows, even bench and standing press.

i often forego my t bar rows in favor of cable rows. they seem to take the lower back out of the equation a bit. but i then go with a lighter weight for higher reps for a change of pace.

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post

^^^^^X2

Originally Posted by DaddyR View Post
    Agree. A full stretch at the bottom is key, as is slow steady movement and even a brief pause and squeeze at the top of the contraction.
    From my experience and lots of reading, the essence of the cable row is in fact, a fairly rapid contraction of the back to get the arms back is done so as to avoid the biceps involvement. That almost plyometric movement helps to ensure the focus and connection is in the back and not the arms.

Then the stretch and the spread of the scapula as I move back to the start position is my focus.

On the issue of back problems and whether the 1-arm db row is a good exercise vis-a-vis others - my thoughts are if you do this and use a weight anywhere near your limit, there is a very strong tendency to effect torsion in the spine and bring tremendous shear pressures on the back due to the asymmetric demands of this exercise

For mine, by doing things that makes an equal demand on both sides of the spine and in a plane of movement that is set and fixed and both under control and in your expectations - then the risks diminish.

And vice versa
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

ingym4life is just really nice. (+1000) ingym4life is just really nice. (+1000) ingym4life is just really nice. (+1000) ingym4life is just really nice. (+1000) ingym4life is just really nice. (+1000) ingym4life is just really nice. (+1000) ingym4life is just really nice. (+1000) ingym4life is just really nice. (+1000) ingym4life is just really nice. (+1000) ingym4life is just really nice. (+1000) ingym4life is just really nice. (+1000)

i echo those above

Form is EVERYTHING, especially when you are working the back due to the potential for injury. Get form down first (regardless of the exercise you choose to partake in), kick in the intensity...and strength comes naturally with time and dedication. My back is my best bodypart in my opinion. Being a very small boned individual, long and lean...I am not genetically designed for heavy back work...and it took, time, dedication, discipline and learning proper form to get strong at back movements. Now I am always saying my back feels "bullet proof" because it never seems to get hurt picking stuff up. Start basic, get that form down pat, and then add as you need to. I do deadlifts as the base of one back workout, then switch it to seated cables for the next one so I can fully recover.

I do all of the exercises you mentioned so I really dont have a preference of one over the other. I do tend to alternate the exercises though, one time one arm dumbells, the next time more cables and no dumbells. Just listen to your body.....anyway, I guess i got excited babbling about back stuff....good luck with your endeavors.
    Last edited by ingym4life; 02-25-2011 at 07:45 AM. Reason: fixed some typos :P

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

Mr. Bad back responds.........Concerning weight exercises for the back, I use pull overs, good mornings, one arm rows(as you can get a bit of a twist if you use light weights) and pull ups(chins). Weights are light, and they work.

I read an old article by Vince Gironds who talked about using dumbells, start with a light weight. When you complete 5 reps, move to the 5 lb higher and repeat until you get to a satisfactory weight. Then work your way back down. While he was talking about biceps, I have used that idea for years. I have discovered that there are very few of the young tough studs doing ANY back exercises. You will be ok, just go slow and do not be intimadated by anyone.

Note that at one time about 11 years ago I had to use a walker. A lifetime of exercise saved me. Diet, work out sensibly, take the Knox Joint Formula at least once a day.
    Do what's right.

Location: London, Putney. Wandsworth, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    physcult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The exercises are not different enough to worry about if you cant perform unsupported rows. Chins, pulldowns, and supported rows is fine.

TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    considering you have back issues, maybe the fixed t-bar row? then your chest can rest against something, and pull back, as opposed to standing/bending over, and potentially straining. Just thought I'd throw that one out there to ya, too.
    ^This. When my lower back is worn out, I use the supported T-bar.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TXBuddy View Post
    ^This. When my lower back is worn out, I use the supported T-bar.
    Now, if you have chest strain/pain, then this won't work. I learned that the hard way.

boninja is not very well liked. (-100) boninja is not very well liked. (-100) boninja is not very well liked. (-100) boninja is not very well liked. (-100) boninja is not very well liked. (-100) boninja is not very well liked. (-100) boninja is not very well liked. (-100) boninja is not very well liked. (-100) boninja is not very well liked. (-100) boninja is not very well liked. (-100) boninja is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you have back issues then standing 2 handed cable rows work the best. You can focus on the squeeze better. Bent over anything isn't good for your back. We are upright creatures so do all exercise standing if possible.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice resurrection of an old thread.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tonewood has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Chest supported BB row. You may need a tall bench, or put bench at a slight angle.

I have same problem as OP.

I'm able to do seated rows, but I am concerned they might eventually cause a problem. Takes a lot of discipline to keep my back straight.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    Yup. I'm guessing that after 3 years, the OP has made a decision about which kind of rows to do.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    Yeah, and with some really poor advice on the topic. BOR are fine if done properly.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Where do we go now....... erikjh's Avatar
    erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by boninja View Post
    If you have back issues then standing 2 handed cable rows work the best. You can focus on the squeeze better. Bent over anything isn't good for your back. We are upright creatures so do all exercise standing if possible.
    Yes!!!!!! Heavy heavy heavy military standing presses are awesome for you back!!!!!

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by boninja View Post
    Bent over anything isn't good for your back.
    I have known some women that would disagree with this.

mrbackbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbackbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbackbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbackbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbackbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbackbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbackbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbackbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbackbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbackbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbackbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Inverted rows would completely solve the strained back issues.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mrbackbull View Post
    Inverted rows would completely solve the strained back issues.
    See post #25.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.