Location: Melbourne (formerly Durban South Africa), VIC, Australia
    Asterixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BCAA's During Training?

I have been told by my strength and Cond. trainer at Rugby that the best time to take BCAA's is during weight training, I've always thought it was something you should only consume pre-training.

Is there a difference at all?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can consume pre or intra. Arguments can be made for either time, and it ends up coming down to preference. Personally i take mine intra (when i do take bcaa drinks).
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Kwazziee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kwazziee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kwazziee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kwazziee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kwazziee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kwazziee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry about the high-jack.

Do I still need to take BCAA even if I drink a protein shake during my workout? Would it make any different since protein have BCAA already. Correct me if I am wrong.

Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Retrotiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can drink a little bit of it pre-workout/training. And then consume everything intra-workout/training. Look at Xtend/Purple Wraath.

marcski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cantvgo wrong doing it at both times and also when not working out...eventually it's a win!

^ bighairynutsack oops ighairynutsack's Avatar
    ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Asterixx View Post
    I have been told by my strength and Cond. trainer at Rugby that the best time to take BCAA's is during weight training, I've always thought it was something you should only consume pre-training.

Is there a difference at all?
    its mostly preference i do mine pre because i dont like to carry things with me when i lift and my workouts are really short. if they were longer i would do pre and intra. but use them how you see they help you most.

Location: Melbourne (formerly Durban South Africa), VIC, Australia
    Asterixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks

Ill give it a shot and let you know how it all goes. Cheers kids!

dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I recommend taking it during (intra), some products even boost your energy levels while helping with recovery (bcaas). These 3 products i love for intra. Then of course you can always get more with your post workout protein drink.

SizeOn
    Power shock
    Xtend

Any of those 3, you can't go wrong in my opinion.

neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd add PW and Intrabolic to that list, with PW ranking above all IMO.

My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Probably helps mostly during a cut, but if you have the money then go for it !
    Team Beyond Fitness - http://********.com/beyondfitnessofficial
    For coaching, send me a personal message!