Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arm day exercise order

On Friday I'm going to be starting my new arm day it's the first time I've done an arm day as I normally train my biceps with my back and my triceps with legs.

Here is my routine below

Biceps

4 sets of barbell curls 12, 10, 8, 8
    3 sets Preacher Curls 10, 8, 8
    3 sets of incline curls 10, 8, 8
    2 sets of hammer curls 10, 10

Triceps

Dips 15 12, 10, 8
    CGBP 10, 8, 8, 6
    Cable pulldowns 12, 10, 8, 8
    Reverse grip cable pulldowns 12, 10, 8, 8

Now what I wanted to know is should I do the all exercises for one muscle first and then move onto the next one ie do all Bicep work then do Tricep work, or should I go from one to the other say dips 4 sets then on to barbell curls, then on cgbp, onto preacher and so on and so forth.

Let me know what you bros think.

Cheers

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I prefer to alternate between biceps and triceps. Prevents premature fatigue and encourages even pump.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Seems like a bit too much volume. I'd drop the 3 sets of incline curls and 4 sets of reverse pulldowns at the very least.

Also, it's a good idea to do your compound exercises first, since they require the most effort (i.e. CGBP and dips)...then do your isolation exercises

Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chizle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CaliforniaKing View Post
    Seems like a bit too much volume. I'd drop the 3 sets of incline curls and 4 sets of reverse pulldowns at the very least.

Also, it's a good idea to do your compound exercises first, since they require the most effort (i.e. CGBP and dips)...then do your isolation exercises
    I do my lats on my back day which is on a Wednesday so i would have already worked them that way 2 days before hang.

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    I prefer to alternate between biceps and triceps. Prevents premature fatigue and encourages even pump.
    I think I'll do that starting off with dips then onto barbell Curls then cgbp to preacher curls, to pulldowns, then to hammers, then reverse cable to incline curls.

chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Chizle View Post
    On Friday I'm going to be starting my new arm day it's the first time I've done an arm day as I normally train my biceps with my back and my triceps with legs.

Here is my routine below

Biceps

Triceps

Dips 15 12, 10, 8
    CGBP 10, 8, 8, 6

Now what I wanted to know is should I do the all exercises for one muscle first and then move onto the next one ie do all Bicep work then do Tricep work, or should I go from one to the other say dips 4 sets then on to barbell curls, then on cgbp, onto preacher and so on and so forth.

Cheers
    why do people keep calling it "tricep cable pulldowns"???? It's called pushdowns!!!!!!!!! pulling uses biceps and back!!!!!!
    Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but doesn't nobody want to lift no heavy ass weights. --Ronnie Coleman

Originally Posted by chinesemuscle View Post
    why do people keep calling it "tricep cable pulldowns"???? It's called pushdowns!!!!!!!!! pulling uses biceps and back!!!!!!
    I think it's a european thing bro thats what I've noticed everywhere else calls them pulldowns. But I prefer calling them pushdowns. What do you think about the workout and exercise order as I'm eager to get lots of opinions.

joshg92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshg92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshg92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshg92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshg92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshg92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshg92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshg92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshg92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshg92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshg92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it's a european thing bro thats what I've noticed everywhere else calls them pulldowns. But I prefer calling them pushdowns. What do you think about the workout and exercise order as I'm eager to get lots of opinions.
    I would recommend Super-setting your bicep to tricep. Ofcourse starting with your compounds. for example BB Curl -Superset- CGBP followed by DB Hammer Curl -Superset- Tricep Pushdown.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think I'll do that starting off with dips then onto barbell Curls then cgbp to preacher curls, to pulldowns, then to hammers, then reverse cable to incline curls.
    Looks good.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

x2.
    Who was this love of yours?

chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your work out looks pretty normal for an arm day, there is no magic formula for optimal growth since it depends on a lot of other factors. Personally I do high reps with the isolation exercises for arms and heavy for the compound. Like I would do at least 12 reps for any type of curls except the BB and same for Triceps. And I pause and squeeze for a second every rep and I found that this works for me best. Tinkle with the reps and exercises that will give you the best results.
    Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but doesn't nobody want to lift no heavy ass weights. --Ronnie Coleman

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by chinesemuscle View Post
    Originally Posted by joshg92 View Post
    I would recommend Super-setting your bicep to tricep. Ofcourse starting with your compounds. for example BB Curl -Superset- CGBP followed by DB Hammer Curl -Superset- Tricep Pushdown.
    ^ I support those three. Whether you superset or not is your choice (I prefer to) it isn't needed. none the less, I'd alternate between Bi/Tri movements as I went through the workout.

+ It is still a pressdown, just a reverse grip.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Here is my routine below

Biceps

Triceps

Dips 15 12, 10, 8
    CGBP 10, 8, 8, 6

Cheers
    I think this looks like a good starting point. As to "super-setting," mix it up and see which works best for you. You should be able to tell if you're on the right track to meet your objectives pretty quickly. I *might* be inclined to do the incline DBs before the preacher (bar?), but that's a personal preference thing of course.

Today was my first arm day and it felt amazing. Never had a pump like it. And seeing as I did my back by itself on wednesday instead of doing back and bi's I could lift more on my biceps today and had better form.

So glad I decided to do an arm day now.