mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)

Does this activity factor sound about right?

Hi all

Read through the various stickies, and using my LBM have worked out what my daily calorie needs are.

This has been integrated into my plan, and I am eating well (doing CKD and just started combining with 16/8 IF), keeping my macronutrient ratios in check, keeping myself at what I calculate to be averaging somewhere around 500 cals deficit, and training hard 5-6 days a week (I know that's borderline overtraining, but if I get to a point where my body's telling me to back off, I'll take it back a notch or two).

It's probably getting a little caught up in semantics, but I have a question about my activity level, and would appreciate the views/opinions of bb.com folks!

After having looked at the the Calculating Calorie Needs and Macronutrients **UPDATED** thread (sorry, not enough posts to link yet), I have decided I probably best fit into the category:

- 31 to 37 kcal/kg/day for those involved in light to moderate activity 3-5 x a week with moderately active lifestyles [14-16 kcal/ pound]

I have gone for somewhere in the middle, namely 15 kcal/ pound. This is based on:

* A deskjob, professional button presser/computer type, basically sitting on my rump for the duration of my job, other than necessary trips to the kitchen/toilet etc.

* Doing some light walking during lunch for 30-45 minutes 4-5 work days/week, or more recently doing some moderate weights for around 40 minutes (just sticking to a few compound exercises, the weights in the little gym I use aren't super heavy, but enough to get a good sweat and I still ensure I work to failure).

*Boot camp type training (mixed up most weeks, but generally involving a combination of light resistance work, boxing, and cardio) in one hour blocks that has me sweating my *** off by the end. I'm doing this 6 days a week, some days I'll squeeze in two 60 min sessions (keeping my fluids up and taking lots of pre/intra/post aminos, plus DS Lean Xtreme predominately for its cortisol blocking effects).

*Running kids around to swimming, shopping, etc on the weekend, generally more sitting on my backside in the car as the taxi service and wandering around a shopping centre for much of it. Usually try and spend at least part of it enjoying a good feed with the missus and chilling out a bit when I get the chance (I'm RS by the weekend as I'm sure most of you can relate).

What do people think of my estimation regarding my activity level - about right, over-estimating, or under-estimating?

Thanks "
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

[IIFYM/Flexible Dieting Crew] - It ain't that hard dummy..

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bump

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds about right--just jimmy with your intake until the scale is moving at a rate that you're pleased with.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    Sounds about right--just jimmy with your intake until the scale is moving at a rate that you're pleased with.
    Awesome, thanks mate. Figured it was worth using you guys in here as a sounding board for this one.

Been doing that this week a little to coincide with starting IF, made steady progress but would like to bump the pace along a bit.

[Former 300+ Crew]