Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Now North of Westside UncleWade's Avatar
    UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Uncle Wade's AppNut Triple Threat Stack Log

Uncle Wade’s Applied Nutriceuticals “Triple Threat Stack”
    SPONSORED LOG

THE PRODUCTS:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/app/lit-up.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/app/drive.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/app/hghup.html

This log is a result of me being chosen from my application in Free Weight Friedel’s 29,000-post logging opportunity, which can be found here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131691333

I would like to thank Applied Nutriceuticals and their reps in general and Free Weight Friedel in particular for this opportunity to log their products. This should be an awesome ride.

With this stack, I will be receiving TWO BOTTLES of each of the above products and will log them for at least EIGHT WEEKS, potentially more depending on the amount of time the Drive, LitUp, and HGHup will last.

I will begin officially logging the combination on 7 MARCH 2011 after taking one complete week off. I am currently maxing out this week to have a definitive idea of my maxes for use in calculations for the program I will be using.

As per the request of AppNut, throughout the log, I will evaluate:
    1. My appearance before and after training compared to "normal"
    2. My strength
    3. My endurance
    4. My overall energy levels
    5. Any training and exercise in detail

NOV || Ohio Chapter || Be more, have less.

Powered by Ben & Jerry's.

UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

TRAINING PROTOCOL

For the duration of the log, I will be using a version of the Westside program. Prior to this log, I have used the 5x5 program to great success but after several resets my gains have peaked and I have reached a plateau. The Westside should be a refreshing change. The basic, four-day split will be as follows:

MAXIMUM EFFORT SQUAT DAY
    Max Effort Exercise - Alternating Between Deadlift, Low Box Squat, and Good Mornings
    3-6 x 5-8 Romanian Deadlift
    5-8 x 6-15 Weighted Hanging Leg Raises
    5-8 x 6-15 Weighted Decline Situp
    3-4 x 6-10 Good Mornings or Reverse Hypers

MAXIMUM EFFORT BENCH PRESS DAY
    Max Effort Exercise - Alternating Between Close-Grip Bench Press or Floor Press
    6-8 x 8-12 Lying Barbell Extension
    5-8 x 6-15 Barbell Row
    5-8 x 6-15 Overhead Shoulder Press
    5-8 x 6-15 Weighted Dip
    5-8 x 6-15 Pullup

DYNAMIC EFFORT SQUAT DAY
    8 x 2 @ 60%-1RM Dynamic Box Squat
    4-6 x 5-8 Romanian Deadlift
    3-5 x 6-12 Weighted Cable Crunches
    3-5 x TIME Abdominal Plank
    3-4 x 8 Good Mornings or Reverse Hypers

DYNAMIC EFFORT BENCH DAY
    8 x 3 @ 50%-1RM Dynamic Bench Press
    2-4 x 2-8 Close-Grip Bench Press
    5-8 x 6-15 One-Arm Bent-Over Row
    5-8 x 6-15 Upright Row
    5-8 x 6-15 Chinup
    5-8x 6 -15 Triceps Press Down

I believe that two supplemental exercises for the bench press days for the triceps and the upper back might be overtraining and will adjust the program accordingly if I feel so. This is the first time I have used Westside. I do not claim to be an expert, any helpful suggestions and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

CONDITIONING PROTOCOL

Throughout the duration of the log I will be conditioning in a variety of ways, typically three days a week. The workouts will typically follow these rubrics:

DAY 1
    800m Warm-Up Jog
    Explosive Calisthenics
    Dynamic Stretching
    6x60m Band-Resisted Maximum Effort Sprints @ Full Recovery
    800m Cool-Down Jog
    Static Stretching

Day 2
    800m Warm-Up Jog
    Explosive Calisthenics
    Dynamic Stretching
    6x40m Maximum Effort Sprints @ 45 Seconds Rest
    2x100m Maximum Effort Sprints @ 90 Seconds Rest
    800m Cool-Down Jog
    Static Stretching

Day 3
    Explosive Calisthenics
    Dynamic Stretching
    20-40 minute Relaxed-Pace Tempo Run
    Static Stretching
    Foam Roller

Please note that these days are nonconsecutive and are only labeled as 1, 2, and 3 for the purpose of clarification.

DIETARY PROTOCOL AND OTHER SUPPLEMENTS

During the course of the log, I will have a daily target of 4000 calories with a 40/40/20 split between protein, carbohydrates, and fats. I consume a significant amount of calories through lean meat, complex carbohydrates, whole milk, natural peanut butter, fresh fruit, hardboiled eggs, oats, et cetera. I also supplement with two protein shakes per day, one scoop each in 8 ounces of skim milk----once upon waking, and once post-workout.

I typically consume 1.5 gallons of water in addition to all supplemental fluid intake (including milk and chocolate milk and juice) and will continue this trend throughout the log.

I will record my daily consumption of food and water in the log, as well as my nightly sleep and recovery periods.

In addition to the AppNut products supplied to me for this log, I will also be supplementing with Gaspari's Myofusion CnC, which can be found here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/myofusion.html

I will also be supplementing as necessary with AllMax's Creapure creatine monohydrate, which can be found here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/creatine.html

I typically also supplement with a multivitamin, although I have not chosen the specific one I will be using as of this writing.

GOALS

SHORT TERM GOAL
    Improve strength and body composition step by step, day by day, and workout by workout. Recomp.

LONG TERM GOAL
    Get seriously strong and potentially become a competitor in amateur powerlifting meets.

LIFT-SPECIFIC GOALS
    Bench press goal: 365 - 295 CURRENT RE-TESTED MAX
    Squat goal: 500 - MAX TO BE RE-TESTED
    Deadlift goal: 595 - 505 CURRENT RE-TESTED MAX

For more information about myself, my previous training experience, and some personal information, please see my application in the original contest thread. IT IS LINKED ABOVE.

DOSING OF APPNUT PRODUCTS

DRIVE
    On both on and off days, I will consume 3 capsules immediately upon waking on an empty stomach and 3 capsules in the afternoon, typically one hour preworkout.

LITUP
    After assessing tolerance, I will most likely, on LIFTING days, take two (2) scoops thirty minutes prior to training. On OFF or CONDITIONING days, I will take one (1) scoop thirty minutes prior to activity or during a time of my choosing on OFF days.

HGHUP
    As per the recommendation of Black_Label, I will take 3 capsules preworkout on all LIFTING days, and the remaining 2 capsules prior to bed on an empty stomach. On OFF days, I will take all five capsules prior to bed. On CONDITIONING days I will take 3 tablets in the morning on an empty stomach and 2 capsules in the afternoon on an empty stomach. I will see which of these works best for me.

BEFORE SHOTS

Thanks again to AppNut and Free Weight Friedel for this opportunity - I am going to make this the most transformational 8 weeks of my life. I hope anyone reading this enjoys the log as much as I'll enjoy making it.

Last edited by UncleWade; 02-23-2011 at 09:23 PM.

chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awesome stuff bro! In for this for sure!

From your pics it appears we have pretty similar body types - unfortunately I am nowhere near as lean as you lol
    -Jon-
    Applied Nutriceuticals Forum Representative
    www.appnut.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/app/app.htm
    ******** FAN PAGE: http://www.********.com/pages/Applied-Nutriceuticals/64122223218
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great detail to start your log. In for the ride! Best of luck to you.

BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In on this too. Will be putting up my log once I receive my package in the mail.
    I make bad videos in my basement about training, which makes me an internet guru.
    http://www.youtube.com/basementbarbell

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nice legs for the start. something a lot of people miss
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

Originally Posted by chubbarock View Post
    Awesome stuff bro! In for this for sure!

From your pics it appears we have pretty similar body types - unfortunately I am nowhere near as lean as you lol
    The four years of running middle distance and distance events helped the leanness - definitely didn't help the mass gains or strength though.

Originally Posted by drooks10 View Post
    Great detail to start your log. In for the ride! Best of luck to you.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by BDiamond View Post
    In on this too. Will be putting up my log once I receive my package in the mail.
    Looking forward to following your log. Looked at some of your YouTube videos in my spare time the other day and they're solid - nice work.

Originally Posted by Black_Label View Post
    nice legs for the start. something a lot of people miss
    Thanks man. Can't forget the legs - IMHO, they're the most important.

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    legs took over all body parts for me when they started getting stronger. So much fun
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

One more week until we rock and roll everybody!

Counting the seconds and enjoying the rays down here in Sanibel, FL.....85 degrees sure beats Ohio's February weather.

chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chubbarock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    85 degress fuuuuuu - I am in cali and its 47 degrees lol
    -Jon-
    Applied Nutriceuticals Forum Representative
    www.appnut.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/app/app.htm
    ******** FAN PAGE: http://www.********.com/pages/Applied-Nutriceuticals/64122223218
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know you're not logging till next week but have you received your stack in the mail yet?
    I make bad videos in my basement about training, which makes me an internet guru.
    http://www.youtube.com/basementbarbell

Originally Posted by chubbarock View Post
    85 degress fuuuuuu - I am in cali and its 47 degrees lol
    Sorry about your luck man. It's barely 30 back at home and we got a ton of rain last night according to the Weather Channel. Down here, we're looking at a high of 86 and a clear sky with not a cloud in sight.

Originally Posted by BDiamond View Post
    I know you're not logging till next week but have you received your stack in the mail yet?
    I haven't, at least not to my knowledge. I had it sent to my college mailbox so hopefully it will be waiting for me to get back from the family vacation. Usually they send e-mail notices that you have a package, but I don't know if they will be doing that over spring break. I'll let you all know ASAP.