Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lildave View Post
    I prefer to use ubuntu. I would lose out on a lot of functions by buying a Mac.

brb buying a pc and triple booting into Linux, Windows 7 or OS X depending on what I need to do.
    Please elaborate on what you would lose?

Personally I run dual virtual machines Linux and Windows within OS X. The VM clients allow you to unify all OSes, get rid of backgrounds, and integrate windows from separate VMs into your normal work flow.

IMO using only one OS at a time is quite antiquated.

Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Carbonfibre View Post
    but the finish and polish beats out the plastic junk made by toshiba, dell, samsung etc
    Strong misconception. Notebook manufacturers have at least two "broad" categories: business and non-business users. The business laptops are made to a much higher standard than your consumer products -- everything from the internals (mobo, lcd, etc.) to the exterior quality. And the business lines of computers make up for the majority of sales for these manufacturers. Companies still go with the business line notebooks over Macs due 1) cheap prices and 2) durability. Unless you are a photo editing company, you'll notice a lot of high tech companies give their employees *** Lenovos, HP EliteBooks, Dell Latitutdes, and so on.

DATASSdotJPG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DATASSdotJPG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DATASSdotJPG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DATASSdotJPG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DATASSdotJPG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DATASSdotJPG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DATASSdotJPG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DATASSdotJPG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DATASSdotJPG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DATASSdotJPG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DATASSdotJPG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i got my toshiba a year ago from newegg . com half price for 399, and the thing has been great. i love it.

me and my dad went to look at macs, and the things are overpriced, WAY overpriced. i have no idea why people bother with apple. u can easily buy a cheap cheap pc and upgrade its components if u know how to, and u have a ridiculous computer for half the price of a mac.

mac = joke

Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pikachew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also, when the MacBook first came out, a huge design flaw that never seemed to be resolved was their plastics not being "flush" and the raised portions of the plastic edges ended up cutting wrists: http://www.appledefects.com/wiki/ind...ok#Sharp_Edges

I'm not by any means a Mac hater. I used to own one and my girlfriend owns a MacBook. But people should be aware that they have no advantage over PCs on build quality or hardware specs (well maybe the LCD).

showbe is a complete loser! (-2000) showbe is a complete loser! (-2000) showbe is a complete loser! (-2000) showbe is a complete loser! (-2000) showbe is a complete loser! (-2000) showbe is a complete loser! (-2000) showbe is a complete loser! (-2000) showbe is a complete loser! (-2000) showbe is a complete loser! (-2000) showbe is a complete loser! (-2000) showbe is a complete loser! (-2000)
    kind of a late bump but people dont realize that apple has great warrantys. You can smash your laptop on accident bring it back and youll get a new one. You wont be able to do that with your toshiba or any other windows laptop you buy unless you buy the warranty.

There are tons of reason why mac books are worth getting. Also not everyone you see at school actually bought the mac books them selves. Have you guys ever thought about how parents would buy there son/daughters a mac book as a graduation gift for getting into a nice university?

Almost everyone I know that owns one for school purposes did NOT buy it them selves. But when it is people who need it for work they buy it because they graduated and need a reliable computer. People need to stop comparing a mac book to a pc because a mac book is a laptop not a desktop.

Windows laptops will never give you the customer service that apple does. You ever buy a 17 inch laptop? That **** is heavy. A mac book pro is light as **** and has a ton of little features that make it a reason why people would get it over a windows laptop.

People who use it for music such as DJing will never get a windows laptop simply because they are more likely to crash/freeze where as a mac will never do that. Ever wonder why all DJ's that hold huge events use a mac book? Imagine if there laptop went out in middle of a party/event. People who make movies/edit/design also use it basically because its superior for editing/video. Go google mac books pros for work/editing and youll see why people will choose a mac book 9/10 times over a windows laptop.
    ONLY GREEN I CARE ABOUT IS THE GREEN IN MY POCKET.

rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by showbe View Post
    You ever buy a 17 inch laptop? That **** is heavy. A mac book pro is light as **** and has a ton of little features that make it a reason why people would get it over a windows laptop.
    This. I have a 17" MBP and it feels lighter than my old 15" Dell.
    Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.

Reps owed to: brentwillisbgw, PROTOSSterone, Num3n, mmax, constipated, cool2001, Finski, Dominik, SolidSteel86, BigChamp89, educated_Derelic, HJC, BulldogVTX, WishmasterATM, Ajos90, user4545118069271, Power2PumpIron, webepumpin, vitriol, ALEXH-