SkateAround has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkateAround has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkateAround has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkateAround has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What are some good warm up exercises before weightlifting???

I need some good warm up exercises before weightlifting.

I don't really know what to do, i usually do some arm circles, push ups and some mild jogging around the room.

HELP pleaseeeeeee

TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SkateAround View Post
    I need some good warm up exercises before weightlifting.

I don't really know what to do, i usually do some arm circles, push ups and some mild jogging around the room.

HELP pleaseeeeeee
    it depend on what muscle you want to train, for example
    if you want to do:
    legs , warm-up with sqaut
    chest, warm-up with bench press
    back, warm-up with dead lift or pull down
    shoulder, warm-up with db press or military press
    these are the major ex that will help you with warm-up

SkateAround has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkateAround has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkateAround has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkateAround has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TrippleA View Post
    it depend on what muscle you want to train, for example
    if you want to do:
    legs , warm-up with sqaut
    chest, warm-up with bench press
    back, warm-up with dead lift or pull down
    shoulder, warm-up with db press or military press
    these are the major ex that will help you with warm-up
    Thanks heaps for the help

TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you are very welcome

iJarhead is just really nice. (+1000) iJarhead is just really nice. (+1000) iJarhead is just really nice. (+1000) iJarhead is just really nice. (+1000) iJarhead is just really nice. (+1000) iJarhead is just really nice. (+1000) iJarhead is just really nice. (+1000) iJarhead is just really nice. (+1000) iJarhead is just really nice. (+1000) iJarhead is just really nice. (+1000) iJarhead is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hit your compounds, the more muscles you hit in your warmup the better.

Pull ups
    deadlifts
    Bench Press
    Squats
    Etc.
    Oat's n Sprints

gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Due to a few injuries in the past I have done a decent amount of research and what not and from experience I know warming up and doing warmup sets are crucial to prevent injury and prime the muscles... I warm up by upper/lower body depending on what im hitting that day...
    You want to do dynamic stretches/body weight exercises before and static stretching after.

I start with 5 minutes of cardio (2 1/2 ellyptical, 2 1/2 jump rope)

Upper body: Arm circles (Big&Little 10 each direction) & Rotator cuff warmups with 5lb plates.
    For exercises I do, 2x5 chin ups, 1x10 jumping jax, 1x10 light bar snatches, 1x10 pushups, 1x10 inverted rows.
    After this i do warm up sets of 3-5 reps to my working weight on the big compound movements.(bench press/standing overhead military press)

Lower body: Rotational fire hydrants, cossack squat to glute stretch, Quad stretch, squat stretch to rotational lunges.
    Jump sqauts 1x10, rear lunge to knee pull 1x10, one leg squats 1x10.
    After this i do warm up sets of 3-5 reps to my working weight on the big compound movements. (deadlifts/squats)
    Don't pray for lighter burdens but for stronger bodies.

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you are going to be doing any sort of pressing I would suggest you do something for your rotator cuffs. Most people ignore them until they become a problem.
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer

Cfrondz45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cfrondz45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cfrondz45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cfrondz45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cfrondz45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cfrondz45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cfrondz45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cfrondz45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cfrondz45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cfrondz45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cfrondz45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by gymcandykid View Post
    Due to a few injuries in the past I have done a decent amount of research and what not and from experience I know warming up and doing warmup sets are crucial to prevent injury and prime the muscles... I warm up by upper/lower body depending on what im hitting that day...
    You want to do dynamic stretches/body weight exercises before and static stretching after.

I start with 5 minutes of cardio (2 1/2 ellyptical, 2 1/2 jump rope)

Upper body: Arm circles (Big&Little 10 each direction) & Rotator cuff warmups with 5lb plates.
    For exercises I do, 2x5 chin ups, 1x10 jumping jax, 1x10 light bar snatches, 1x10 pushups, 1x10 inverted rows.
    After this i do warm up sets of 3-5 reps to my working weight on the big compound movements.(bench press/standing overhead military press)

Lower body: Rotational fire hydrants, cossack squat to glute stretch, Quad stretch, squat stretch to rotational lunges.
    Jump sqauts 1x10, rear lunge to knee pull 1x10, one leg squats 1x10.
    After this i do warm up sets of 3-5 reps to my working weight on the big compound movements. (deadlifts/squats)
    I have a messed up shoulder, wouldn't doing rotator cuff warmup before a chest workout be bad because it will be tired from the warm up?

IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cfrondz45 View Post
    I have a messed up shoulder, wouldn't doing rotator cuff warmup before a chest workout be bad because it will be tired from the warm up?
    Quite the opposite, it will warm up the tendons and ligaments and get some blood flow going. You're good as long as you're not doing sets of 50reps or just overdoing the amount of sets.