Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Registered User ThunderStruck36's Avatar
    ThunderStruck36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nothing but protein shakes........almost.

Is there anything wrong with drinking 5 protein shakes during the day plus one real meal?
    What kind of results can I expect?

For example:

Meal #1 = Muscle Milk
    Meal #2 = Muscle Milk
    Meal #3 = Muscle Milk
    Meal #4 = Muscle Milk
    Meal #5 = Chicken & Veggies
    Meal #6 = Muscle Milk

I weigh 230 and am in BAD shape. I need/want to lose about 50 lbs and I HATE to prepare meals. I've tried to prepare my meals in bulk and I still hate doing it. Having the shakes would make it easier for me but I'm worried there is something wrong with this approach.

p.s. I will be following an intense weightlifting and cardio program while on this nutrition plan.

tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    here's a tip.. every time u have a shake scheduled.. eat some chicken and veggies instead

real food is the way to go. it's hard to prepare food ahead of time.. but everyone does it because real food is better for u.. if it wasn't no one would eat it
    Instagram: thomas_poucher

yes i've tried doing incline first

reps on recharge.. demonwareltd, flang, TTimmerman, wala, Canuck77

Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm ok with that plan so long as you add in an apple or some almonds in a meal. Not every one, but say your first meal is 1/2 cup raw rolled oats, 2 scoops protein. Mix and drink with 1 serving almonds or an apple. Something like that. If you can only do just the protein for a few of the 5 meals, more power to ya, I'd be starvin marvin. :/

Make sure the veggies are quality, organic dark greens since only eating them once a day.

Could also do greek yogurt and a piece of fruit for a meal.

EDIT: MM sucks, drink something where you don't scoop out 40 grams of product only to get 20 grams of protein. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey is always near the top when I calculate % of protein per scoop. So while MM might seem like a deal, the amount of protein in a tub is pathetically low.

tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Justin-27 View Post
    EDIT: MM sucks, drink something where you don't scoop out 40 grams of product only to get 20 grams of protein. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey is always near the top when I calculate % of protein per scoop. So while MM might seem like a deal, the amount of protein in a tub is pathetically low.

this
    Instagram: thomas_poucher

yes i've tried doing incline first

reps on recharge.. demonwareltd, flang, TTimmerman, wala, Canuck77

Retired Pro W/C Bodybuild RichKnapp's Avatar
    RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tumtum View Post
    here's a tip.. every time u have a shake scheduled.. eat some chicken and veggies instead

real food is the way to go. it's hard to prepare food ahead of time.. but everyone does it because real food is better for u.. if it wasn't no one would eat it
    This.
    50+ year old stubborn mule. Follow along at
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177980091&pagenumber=

Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok everyone here is thinking it... I am going to say it. Think of this as tough love... but the reality is you are fat because you are lazy. Stop dreaming up excuses and just do what you need to do to acheive your goals. Successful people don't "hate" anything that makes them better.

And chances are, living off of protein shakes will ruin your metabolism. They are not meals. And muscle milk is loaded with fat thats why it tastes so good.

Stop whining and just make it happen. One you get into the routine, its really not that bad.
    "Theia yielded to Hyperion's love and gave birth
    to great Helios and bright Selene and Eos,
    who brings light to all the mortals of this earth
    and to the immortal gods who rule the wide sky."
    (Hesiod, Theogony, 371-74)

Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you can afford it then buy chicken for your protein source, just make all your meals the night before if its a convenience issue

though in reality it shouldn't make a difference, i'm not sure though

Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Ok everyone here is thinking it... I am going to say it. Think of this as tough love... but the reality is you are fat because you are lazy. Stop dreaming up excuses and just do what you need to do to acheive your goals. Successful people don't "hate" anything that makes them better.

And chances are, living off of protein shakes will ruin your metabolism. They are not meals. And muscle milk is loaded with fat thats why it tastes so good.

Stop whining and just make it happen. One you get into the routine, its really not that bad.
    Harsh. Actually I doubt all of us were thinking of the OP as lazy.

Living off protein shakes will ruin a metabolism? Wow.

Just.

Wow.

dubcplaya069 is just really nice. (+1000) dubcplaya069 is just really nice. (+1000) dubcplaya069 is just really nice. (+1000) dubcplaya069 is just really nice. (+1000) dubcplaya069 is just really nice. (+1000) dubcplaya069 is just really nice. (+1000) dubcplaya069 is just really nice. (+1000) dubcplaya069 is just really nice. (+1000) dubcplaya069 is just really nice. (+1000) dubcplaya069 is just really nice. (+1000) dubcplaya069 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There are good points throughout this thread but the bottom line is, you can't look for the easy way out. I would limit the shakes to 2 per day and replace the other meals with whole food. I would absolutely not take muscle milk as those shakes. I would try MyoFusion, it has a similar consistency and tastes awesome with a significantly better nutrient panel. I cook my meals on Sundays for the week and it takes me approx. 2 hours. This way for the week I simply reach into the fridge, grab a pre portioned and prepared meal and heat. This is incredibly simply and much more efficient then preparing each meal individually. To get results you have to put in the work. Don't take shortcuts, they will only hurt you in the long run.
    Team Gaspari Sponsored Athlete
    www.hughesFIT.com
    ********: http://tiny.cc/g54dy
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ryanphughes

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I dont think there is anything wrong with protein shakes and MM is a source of many nutrients. The problem you run into is that you lack variety in your meal plan. You dont want your body relying on solely the nutrients in that one shake. You need variety in meat, fish, carb sources, veggies, fats, etc. This way your micro-nutrition is square and your body will be more apt to do what you want.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Harsh. Actually I doubt all of us were thinking of the OP as lazy.

Living off protein shakes will ruin a metabolism? Wow.

Just.

Wow.
    You seem offended. Not sure why. Lets look at it then in specifics... your digestive system is composed of a bunch of enzymes. If you do not use those enzymes they literally stop working. This happens to many people who diet too strictly for contests, many end up lactose intolerant from lack of dairy over a long period of time, some end up with gluten intolerances and so on. Shakes have no source of fiber whatsoever. Once again, if you live on liquid for an extended period of time, your stomach will stop working with the same level of efficiency, and it is really hard to predict what the outcome will be in terms of recovery. That would be individual, but I think its fair to say that again over the long term you would have created further digestive issues, at the very least most would end up with constipation. What can that bring? toxic build up at best, potentially more serious issues like colitis, chrons, IBS, diverticulitis, and so on.... Again its hard to predict as the results would be individual, but why play with fire? Just cook some food, its not that hard.

Registered User ThunderStruck36's Avatar
    ThunderStruck36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow. Thanks for the replies, even you Aurora(I hate to admit it, but you're right.)

So how about 3 shakes and 3 meals?

Meal #1: Eggs and Oatmeal
    Meal #2: MyoFusion(as was suggested)
    Meal #3: Chicken, rice and Veggies
    Meal #4: MyoFusion
    Meal #5: Chicken or Fish or Steak, baked potato or pasta, and veggies
    Meal #6: Muscle Milk(I really like how this stuff tastes)

How do y'all prepare your chicken so it isn't so DRY and BLAND?

Any other food prep suggestions would be appreciated.

JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThunderStruck36 View Post
    WHow do y'all prepare your chicken so it isn't so DRY and BLAND?

Bake it and add a little water to the bottom of the pan.
    Owner of the Iron Mulisha
    www.TheIronMulisha.com
    john[@]theironmulisha.com

In for new Business opportunities.. message me or email

BigPicNut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigPicNut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigPicNut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigPicNut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigPicNut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigPicNut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigPicNut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigPicNut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigPicNut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigPicNut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigPicNut is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I buy a bunch of fresh chicken breasts or tenders.
    Boil them in water for 5 minutes.
    then grill them with a small amount of spray Pam, and some dry seasonings.

Yum!

One pack lasts me 2 days.

For my carbs I eat sweet potato discs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmxzfZkoClg

ANT
    www.broscience.com - Debunking industry dogma with scientific articles every 2-3 hours to ramp up your metabolism- NOW WITH GLUTAMINE!!!!

TS, as stated my post was meant to be a bit shocking, in the sense of tough love. I know you can do this!

As for food prep, all you have to worry about is the chicken. In the summer I BBQ, in the winter I bake it with Tony Romas BBQ sauce on it... yum!

If you dont like to cook rice, there are rice cakes. They come in chip flavours. But be careful you don't over eat on these, they are really good!

AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ThunderStruck36 View Post
    Wow. Thanks for the replies, even you Aurora(I hate to admit it, but you're right.)

So how about 3 shakes and 3 meals?

Meal #1: Eggs and Oatmeal
    Meal #2: MyoFusion(as was suggested)
    Meal #3: Chicken, rice and Veggies
    Meal #4: MyoFusion
    Meal #5: Chicken or Fish or Steak, baked potato or pasta, and veggies
    Meal #6: Muscle Milk(I really like how this stuff tastes)

How do y'all prepare your chicken so it isn't so DRY and BLAND?

I usually have two-three protein shakes per day, but they are always with a meal. For instance I have a myofusion shake every morning but I also have a bowl of oats, honey and peanut butter with it.

At first glance it looks like your fats might be low.......for all we know your overall calories could be too high/low. No way of knowig without quantities listed. If you give us your macro nutrients for each meal (or total for the day) we could probably help you dial that i a little bit better.

3DMJ Athlete

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Great post.
    BMBC - DinoT1985

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You seem offended. Not sure why. Lets look at it then in specifics... your digestive system is composed of a bunch of enzymes. If you do not use those enzymes they literally stop working. This happens to many people who diet too strictly for contests, many end up lactose intolerant from lack of dairy over a long period of time, some end up with gluten intolerances and so on. Shakes have no source of fiber whatsoever. Once again, if you live on liquid for an extended period of time, your stomach will stop working with the same level of efficiency, and it is really hard to predict what the outcome will be in terms of recovery. That would be individual, but I think its fair to say that again over the long term you would have created further digestive issues, at the very least most would end up with constipation. What can that bring? toxic build up at best, potentially more serious issues like colitis, chrons, IBS, diverticulitis, and so on.... Again its hard to predict as the results would be individual, but why play with fire? Just cook some food, its not that hard.
    You are right 100% and anyone who thinks different imo is clueless. Shakes do indeed ruin your metabolism when trying to diet. They are great to assist throughout the day, but how in the world can you live all day off of shakes is beyond me, I would be both mentally and physically drained.

Mike
    ….

ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Op, go ahead and do the 5-6 shakes a day....

Eventually you'll realize when you're in a calories deficit that whole food are the way to go

Originally Posted by XCriticalBenchX View Post
    You are right 100% and anyone who thinks different imo is clueless. Shakes do indeed ruin your metabolism when trying to diet. They are great to assist throughout the day, but how in the world can you live all day off of shakes is beyond me, I would be both mentally and physically drained.

Mike
    How do shakes ruin your metabolism? An improper ratio of carbs/fats/protein can be detrimental to metabolism, but there is nothing inherent to a protein shake as opposed to whole food that ruins metabolism.

3DMJ Athlete

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    How do shakes ruin your metabolism? An improper ratio of carbs/fats/protein can be detrimental to metabolism, but there is nothing inherent to a protein shake as opposed to whole food that ruins metabolism.
    You've got me stumped too.

NO FOOD is going to 'ruin a metabolism.' That's a raging crock of ****.

Back it up with science before posting that crap folks.

A shake has a 0.000000% chance of ruining ones metabolism. FFS it's 2011 people.

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Having that many shakes is certainly unorthodox but if you want to try it - go for it and see if it works. Hell that's how the rest of us figure out what we do. Maybe it'll work awesome for you and your lifestyle. You just want to be careful of becoming deficient in some vitamin or mineral that you may not get in such a one-dimensional diet. Be smart. Generally I only use shakes to supplement an already good diet. Use as needed type of thing. But hey, I'm no pro.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oak was basically right on this outline.

As long as you make sure to take your vitamins to cover any micro deficiencies then you actually should be able to live off that diet. I think I'd get sick of it after a couple weeks but to each their own.

I'm not familiar enough with MM to know it's macros and fiber content but like I said as long as you are smart enough to consume:

- Correct cals for this cut
    - Enough Protein for positive nitrogen environment within the body
    - Enough EFA's to help support a healthy metabolism
    - Enough vitamins and anti-ox
    - Enough fiber

Then really the way you consume it is up to you.
    If you start having stomach issues I would look at what you're doing to your body that it doesn't like.

Personally like most people here ... I like to eat!
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Original Pro Natural Kunt olibeast's Avatar
    olibeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) olibeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) olibeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) olibeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) olibeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) olibeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) olibeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) olibeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) olibeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) olibeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) olibeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Didnt layne do a paper on shakes vs food? (Excuses for putting it so crudely, i know it was more specific than that!)

ur not ur f*cking khakis bwelch1985's Avatar
    bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by olibeast View Post
    Didnt layne do a paper on shakes vs food? (Excuses for putting it so crudely, i know it was more specific than that!)
    he provided a link to a study showing that liquid meals have a higher TEF than whole food and in fact, lead to greater satiety i believe. so, shakes are actually more thermogenic than solid food AND they make you feel fuller (if I'm not mistaken)

and yeh, whey/casein make up the majority of my protein calories. nothing special about chicken or beef or F*CKING TILAPIA that make them better than whey while prepping.

Originally Posted by bwelch1985 View Post
    or F*CKING TILAPIA.
    Why the hate on Tilapia?? Did I miss something?

3DMJ Athlete

ur not ur f*cking khakis bwelch1985's Avatar
    bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Why the hate on Tilapia?? Did I miss something?
    it thins out the skin bro![/everyifbbprotrainerever]

Originally Posted by bwelch1985 View Post
    it thins out the skin bro![/everyifbbprotrainerever]
    I lol'd.

For 6 seconds.

"Hey bro, make sure to not have too many shakes, and also make sure to eat lots of whole food meats every three hours."

"You do realize that meat takes more than three hours to digest/for the body to assimilate all that protein? In fact, optimal meal timing isn't generally required, but if you want to pick a solid time every 4-5 hours has been proven useful."

"Whatever bro, stop being lazy and drinking shakes, spacing meals too far apart, and ruining your meta-tab-o-lizm. No wonder you're fat."

"Right.

solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I lol'd.

For 6 seconds.

"Hey bro, make sure to not have too many shakes, and also make sure to eat lots of whole food meats every three hours."

"You do realize that meat takes more than three hours to digest/for the body to assimilate all that protein? In fact, optimal meal timing isn't generally required, but if you want to pick a solid time every 4-5 hours has been proven useful."

"Whatever bro, stop being lazy and drinking shakes, spacing meals too far apart, and ruining your meta-tab-o-lizm. No wonder you're fat."

"Right.
    You forgot the "c'mon brah, you need like 400 grams of protein a day to grow"
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You've got me stumped too.

NO FOOD is going to 'ruin a metabolism.' That's a raging crock of ****.

Back it up with science before posting that crap folks.

A shake has a 0.000000% chance of ruining ones metabolism. FFS it's 2011 people.
    by "ruin metabolism" maybe they referred to the fact that digestion in the stomach isn't 100% chemical, there is a good deal of physical manipulation. without solid items for the stomach to break down, the muscles required to do so may atrophy (although unlikely), causing maybe not metabolic slowdown, but maybe digestive inefficiency

^oh and dont forget the "your body cant absorb more than 35g of protein per meal bro!"
    brb getting fat cuz i ate 60g protein in a meal
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

Closed Thread