wbeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) wbeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) wbeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) wbeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) wbeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) wbeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) wbeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) wbeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) wbeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) wbeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) wbeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Leg Press Foot Placement

So the gym I go to has this leg press machine. My question is since the foot plate (for lack of a better term) is angled, where is the best place to put my feet? The upper or lower part? Or in between? Or does it really matter?

My leg routine consists of leg press, hack squats, leg extensions, RDLs, leg curls, and a separate day for deadlifts if it matters. I would love to do squats, but they hurt the left side of my hip too much. It pops and everything, none of these exercises bother it.

Thanks.

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Generally people use 1 of 2 foot positions.

-Low and narrow-emphasis on the 'outer sweep' of the quads

-High and wide-emphasis on the 'tear drop' of the quads and more hams/glutes involved

y0family is on a distinguished road. (+10) y0family is on a distinguished road. (+10) y0family is on a distinguished road. (+10) y0family is on a distinguished road. (+10) y0family is on a distinguished road. (+10) y0family is on a distinguished road. (+10) y0family is on a distinguished road. (+10) y0family is on a distinguished road. (+10) y0family is on a distinguished road. (+10) y0family is on a distinguished road. (+10) y0family is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wbeaver View Post
    So the gym I go to has this leg press machine. My question is since the foot plate (for lack of a better term) is angled, where is the best place to put my feet? The upper or lower part? Or in between? Or does it really matter?

My leg routine consists of leg press, hack squats, leg extensions, RDLs, leg curls, and a separate day for deadlifts if it matters. I would love to do squats, but they hurt the left side of my hip too much. It pops and everything, none of these exercises bother it.

Thanks.
    different feet placement creates a variety to your muscles. like push ups, doing a diamond push up works different muscles from a regular push up.

next time search the threads. here you go.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ment+leg+press
    "You can react two ways to a slap. You can get angry at the person doing the slapping, or you can realize that he was just trying to get you to wake up and focus on what you really want and, more importantly, what it'll take to get it."

Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000)
    It doesn't matter. Put your feet about shoulder width apart with toes pointed slightly out and just press. Usually, by the time someone would even notice the results of utilizing different foot positions, they will have quit long before that and found something else to do.