4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4one5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

.What grip should I use for Bent Over Rows?

I've been doing Bent Over Rows for quite a while and I've always wonder what grip emphasizes which body part more. I am currently doing 4 x 8 and I switch my grip from shoulder width supine, shoulder width pronated, wide grip supine, and wide grip pronated. Should I stick to one grip? Which grip do you use?

Thanks

gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do an overhand wider grip and get a good hit on the back but you can also do a closer underhand grip to target the back differently.
    Don't pray for lighter burdens but for stronger bodies.

bhffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 4one5 View Post
    I've been doing Bent Over Rows for quite a while and I've always wonder what grip emphasizes which body part more. I am currently doing 4 x 8 and I switch my grip from shoulder width supine, shoulder width pronated, wide grip supine, and wide grip pronated. Should I stick to one grip? Which grip do you use?

Thanks
    Wide overhand grip. Bit wider than shoulder width.
    My 9 month transformation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPuZ3z0dKmQ

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    For very wide grips I do overhand, but now and then I like to grab the plates instead of the bar (my bar is cheap and it shakes so want to lessen stress on it) which means a neutral grip.

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by 4one5 View Post
    I've been doing Bent Over Rows for quite a while and I've always wonder what grip emphasizes which body part more.
    For emphasizing different areas, more important thing than grip is where you pull the bar to, and how much bent over you are.

Once you get that figured out, use the grip and grip width you like more.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ZoranM View Post
    For emphasizing different areas, more important thing than grip is where you pull the bar to, and how much bent over you are.

Once you get that figured out, use the grip and grip width you like more.
    ^^^this. I've also noticed way too many people standing up too much so they can use heavier weights. Lean over, arch the lower back, and pull. You don't have to be parallel to the floor but you shouldn't be standing up either.

TheWhizzkid will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWhizzkid will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWhizzkid will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWhizzkid will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWhizzkid will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWhizzkid will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWhizzkid will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWhizzkid will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWhizzkid will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWhizzkid will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWhizzkid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No love for Dorian Yates BOR?

Registered User jeremey.folster's Avatar
    jeremey.folster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am by no means an expert on the subject, but I know of more than a few people who have been injured VIA underhand grip Barbell Rows.. most of them are torn biceps.

The biceps are a very small muscle group, and your back is a huge group. Using an underhand grip really brings your biceps into the picture more and in my opinion when you start to pack weight onto the bar with this movement as many people do.. you run a great risk of injuring your biceps.

Personally I will only do overhand grip and approx. shoulder width grip.. be wary of underhand grip! Good luck!

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I utilize both; however, underhand has always felt a bit unusual. I prefer not to have excessive bicep and lat activation during the movement anyway.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Ranks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ranks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ranks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ranks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ranks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ranks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ranks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ranks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ranks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ranks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ranks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have always used the underhand grip for BO Rows. I have a shoulder issue from baseball and the overhand grip aggravates it. I use the overhand grip on the seated row sometimes.
    It doesn't matter what grip you use, you will see gains, just be mindful that it does hit a different region and you will need to throw in an exercise to hit the other areas as well.

R389 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R389 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R389 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R389 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R389 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R389 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R389 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R389 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R389 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R389 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) R389 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think switching your grip up in all lifts is beneficial.
    WTF!!?? DID YOU HEAR THAT? THE WEIGHTS ARE TALKING SH@T!

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ATM I prefer underhand rows. I feel overhand more in the lats where underhand in the middle back and traps.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Aside from where to grip, you should also focus on really feeling it in your back. Control the negatives and really pull back far and squeeze hard at the top, especially in lighter sets.
    Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/bkbrawla666/videos

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Maybe for underhand rows, people should tense their triceps and try to keep the hand behind the elbow at all times? This would take it off the biceps and limit the weight used right?

D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheWhizzkid View Post
    No love for Dorian Yates BOR?
    I love upright rows!

mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000)
    I say use whatever grip is comfortable. I tried underhand grip once and it hurt my wrists, so for me...I wont do that again.

However, other people use that grip fine with great results, so...listen to your body. If you want to hit different angles, grip and where you pull will hit the back differently.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep
    http://infinitelabsstore.com/

♦♦ I Am Juggernaut Challenge ♦♦ Win a Trip to the 2011 Mr. Olympia!!!
    www.iamjuggernaut.com
    http://iamjuggernaut.com/rules.pdf

Group Juggernaut!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=30172

Visit Infinite Labs on ********:
    http://www.********.com/InfiniteLabsSupplements

ROM and MMC are more important than EGO
    400Lb Gorilla

zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    stick with 1 grip for a few monthes..any less and you wont be able to see yourself progress.. i dont worry so much about grip for bb rows, its more where you pull the bar too, upper abs=upper back, lower abs=lats