I've recently started a weight loss program on Jan 1, 2011. I'm 5' 11" 37 Male. I started at 28% and 229 and as of Saturday rang in at 200 at 22%. I've always had a bad reaction to food until I started the diet and cleaned up my diet to standards like eggs, stone ground wheat, chicken/pork, veggies, etc. Now, I have zero problems with food reactions.
As I've changed my diet, it's clear I need to increase my protein. I've purchased Hydro and Casein products to supplement and to help to minimize loss of muscle. I'm shooting for 190 and 18%.
I'm planning one whey drink during the day (split before/after workout) and one casein after dinner. Still keeping my calories to ~1600 a day.
1) will the late night calories from casein cause a negative affect?
2) will my body convert it to fat during the night?
3) is it appropriate to take it with dinner or wait?
4) and how much protein is needed to minimize muscle breakdown daily for someone of my size?
5) any other recommendations around the use of protein?
Oh, and my supplements are:
Vita C supp
Thread: Casein and Weight Loss