I've recently started a weight loss program on Jan 1, 2011. I'm 5' 11" 37 Male. I started at 28% and 229 and as of Saturday rang in at 200 at 22%. I've always had a bad reaction to food until I started the diet and cleaned up my diet to standards like eggs, stone ground wheat, chicken/pork, veggies, etc. Now, I have zero problems with food reactions.
As I've changed my diet, it's clear I need to increase my protein. I've purchased Hydro and Casein products to supplement and to help to minimize loss of muscle. I'm shooting for 190 and 18%.
I'm planning one whey drink during the day (split before/after workout) and one casein after dinner. Still keeping my calories to ~1600 a day.
1) will the late night calories from casein cause a negative affect?
2) will my body convert it to fat during the night?
3) is it appropriate to take it with dinner or wait?
4) and how much protein is needed to minimize muscle breakdown daily for someone of my size?
5) any other recommendations around the use of protein?
Oh, and my supplements are:
Vita C supp
Thread: Casein and Weight Loss
02-20-2011, 09:06 PM #1
Casein and Weight Loss
02-20-2011, 09:13 PM #2
02-20-2011, 09:15 PM #3
3) Drink it just before bed unless you are doing IF, then drink it with you last meal.
4) Someone of your size should shoot for a minimum of 225g a day.
6)1600 calories is way to low. If you dont believe me. In 1-2 months when you stall let me know how eating 1300 but still getting your macros met feels. You should be eating around 2100 to lose about 1.5 pounds a week, if you are training right.
6a) 18% body fat and you are still FAT. Set a better goal of 12-14.The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness.
I will do today what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
02-20-2011, 09:29 PM #4
02-20-2011, 09:42 PM #5
12-01-2016, 09:37 AM #6
2) Nope! If your metabolism keeps on running, you will actually loose fat
3) I would take it as your last meal of the day, like 20-30 minutes before going to bed
5) You want to spread it out throughout the dayStephanie Sequeira
"Don't force your self a quotidian lifestyle in fear of failure"
12-01-2016, 09:38 AM #7
- Join Date: Apr 2016
- Location: Iowa, United States
- Age: 42
- Posts: 1,367
- Rep Power: 6109
By SFStud in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 3Last Post: 08-08-2010, 08:28 PM
By ndysmth in forum Losing FatReplies: 4Last Post: 02-28-2010, 07:14 PM
By Braveboy8 in forum NutritionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-27-2002, 05:51 PM
By ahoodlum in forum Losing FatReplies: 0Last Post: 07-27-2002, 07:20 PM
By Fit For Life in forum Losing FatReplies: 5Last Post: 03-24-2002, 07:25 AM