pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10)

trying to fix my metabolism. help please

hey ladies,

i am currently trying to fix my metabolism because for many years i was doing crazy diets and under eating or doing too much cardio. i used to eat less than 1000 kcal and i started adding 50 kcal/week. for the past few days i have been eating 1300 kcal/day. i am not very active (i am a student) and i train 5-6 times a week with weights 45-60 mins. according to my bmr calculator my maintenance calories are 1375 (for sedentary), so from next week i was planning on upping them to 1375 and maintain there. however the last few days, since i started eating 1300 kcal, i have been really hungry and 1375 seem to low. how many kcal do you think i should be eating?

note that once i do fix my metabolism i am planning on going on a slow bulk to gain a few pounds, but first i want to fix my metabolism and maintain for a bit at this weight.

sorry for the long post, looking forward to your replies
    x x x x

StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Keep adding 50-100 calories a week until you get to 1,500. This should ideally be a low day for you, but seeing how you lift 5-6 days a week, you should be eating closer to 1,700-2,000 calories a day. Upwards of that as you build muscle and increase your metabolsim. Your going to gain some water weight from the increased food intake so dont think that just because you gained a pound or two after upping your calories that you are now eating above your maintenance. What exaclty are your workouts like?
    Success is believing in what you can do, and doing it better every time.

Live Fit and Get Fit!
    LiveFitwithStephanie.com

pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10) pwincessami is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by StephanieShine View Post
    Keep adding 50-100 calories a week until you get to 1,500. This should ideally be a low day for you, but seeing how you lift 5-6 days a week, you should be eating closer to 1,700-2,000 calories a day. Upwards of that as you build muscle and increase your metabolsim. Your going to gain some water weight from the increased food intake so dont think that just because you gained a pound or two after upping your calories that you are now eating above your maintenance. What exaclty are your workouts like?
    hey
    thanks a lot for your reply, this is my current workout program
    day 1 chest and glutes
    day 2 shoulders and abs
    day 3 biceps/ triceps
    day 4 legs and hamstrings
    day 5 back and abs

i usually do 4 sets of 6-10 reps depending on the exercise, a few supersets and sometimes i increase my weights after every set. i dont really do cardio, i might do 10 mins 2-3/weeks
    x x x