IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What do you think is the fastest way to get back into ketosis?

Ive heard many different things, such as fasting for a while (16 hours i think i hearrd?) after your last carb up meal then doing a warrior type diet layout first day back in? And how about when it comes to cardio to get back in, i heard low intensity? I know some of you very experienced can get back in in a few hours, it took me 2-3 days, i wanna get back in quicker this time. advice

IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IceyVeins is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    anyone o.0

TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well, just try to get back into your low carb keto diet, and try to eat less than 30 grams of carbs, in order to reach a state of ketosis real fast. Did you just have a refeed and are trying to get back into keto? On the cardio i think that it could be low intensity

Originally Posted by IceyVeins View Post
    Ive heard many different things, such as fasting for a while (16 hours i think i hearrd?) after your last carb up meal then doing a warrior type diet layout first day back in? And how about when it comes to cardio to get back in, i heard low intensity? I know some of you very experienced can get back in in a few hours, it took me 2-3 days, i wanna get back in quicker this time. advice
    I AM A LEFTIST REALIST. AND ACCORDING TO MY REALISM, THE ONLY OPTION THAT MARXISTS HAVE IN 2012 IS RON PAUL. RON PAUL IS THE ONLY SOLUTION USA HAS FOR 2012. ALL LEFTISTS OF THE USA SHOULD SUPPORT RON PAUL. HE IS THE ONLY MESSIAH SAVIOUR USA HAS. WE HAVE 2 OPTIONS: RON PAUL OR DEATH. FOR MORE INFO ON THE COLLAPSE OF USA GO TO http://www.paulcraigroberts.org and http://www.informationclearinghouse.info !!

Originally Posted by TonyBear View Post
    Well, just try to get back into your low carb keto diet, and try to eat less than 30 grams of carbs, in order to reach a state of ketosis real fast. Did you just have a refeed and are trying to get back into keto? On the cardio i think that it could be low intensity
    Yup just had my carb-up. I heard big things about ALA but dont have any. Ive also heard upping the fats a lil tomorrow and doing extra cardio? What kind of cardio, low or high intensity. As in, 1 hour of walking or HIIT or something inbetween? Also, cardio; empty stomach?

bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    some things id suggest

- you can cut back on your carbs more. instead of under 30, try and limit it to even less.
    - for cardio, id suggest something other than low intensity. if you want to get the msot bang for your buck do HIIT. but running at a moderate intensity will be just fine.
    - do a heavy leg workout
    - do a better carb up. this can go long way to getting back into ketosis fast. do a proper depletion workout and then followed by eating better carbs.

im sure there are others. over time as your body gets used to keto it will take less time to switch over. may i ask how long uve been on this diet? and how are u determining if ur in/out of keto?
    SC: BKing1024

mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have done keto diets in the past where the body adapted to using fat for energy, would that mean its faster a second time round to getting fat adapted and getting back into ketosis?

I found if i did a heavy leg workout i got into ketosis better/faster as its pretty intense cardio aswell.

ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bking10 View Post
    some things id suggest

- for cardio, id suggest something other than low intensity. if you want to get the msot bang for your buck do HIIT. but running at a moderate intensity will be just fine.
    "Training on the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet: Effects of Cyclical Ketogenic Diets on Exercise Performance''

Aerobic Exercise

Aerobic exercise is generally defined as any activity which can be sustained continuously for periods of at least three minutes or longer. Examples would be walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, aerobics classes, etc.

The primary fuels during aerobic exercise are carbohydrate (muscle glycogen and blood glucose) and fat (from adipose tissue as well as intramuscular triglyceride) (1,2). At [b]low intensities[/b, fat is the primary fuel source during exercise.

As exercise intensity increases, less fat and more glycogen is used as fuel. At some intensity, sometimes called the "Crossover point", glycogen becomes the primary fuel during exercise. (3) This point corresponds roughly with something called the lactate threshold. The increase in glycogen utilization at higher intensities is related to a number of factors including greater adrenaline release (3,4) decreased availability of free fatty acids (5), and greater recruitment of Type II muscle fibers (3,6,8). The ketogenic diet shifts the crossover (i.e. lactate threshold) point to higher training intensities (3) as does regular endurance training (4).

Under normal (non-ketotic) conditions, ketones may provide 1% of the total energy yield during exercise (8). During the initial stage of a ketogenic diet, ketones may provide up to 20% of the total energy yield during exercise (9). After adaptation, even under conditions of heavy ketosis, ketones rarely provide more than 7-8% of the total energy yield which is a relatively insignificant amount (10,11,12).

Generally, protein use during aerobic exercise is minimal, accounting for perhaps 5% of the total energy yield. With glycogen depletion, this may increase to 10% of the total energy yield, amounting to the oxidation of about 10-13 grams of protein per hour of continuous exercise (14). This is at least part of the reason that excessive aerobic exercise, especially under low glycogen conditions, can cause muscle loss while dieting.

Studies on ketogenic diets (2 to 6 weeks) find a maintenance (15, 16) or increase (17,18) in aerobic endurance during low intensity exercise (75% of maximum heart rate and below). At higher exercise intensities (around 85% of maximum heart rate which is likely above the lactate threshold), as glycogen use increases, performance decreases on a ketogenic diet (19).

bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ToeSpeed View Post
    "Training on the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet: Effects of Cyclical Ketogenic Diets on Exercise Performance''

Aerobic Exercise

Aerobic exercise is generally defined as any activity which can be sustained continuously for periods of at least three minutes or longer. Examples would be walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, aerobics classes, etc.

The primary fuels during aerobic exercise are carbohydrate (muscle glycogen and blood glucose) and fat (from adipose tissue as well as intramuscular triglyceride) (1,2). At [b]low intensities[/b, fat is the primary fuel source during exercise.

As exercise intensity increases, less fat and more glycogen is used as fuel. At some intensity, sometimes called the "Crossover point", glycogen becomes the primary fuel during exercise. (3) This point corresponds roughly with something called the lactate threshold. The increase in glycogen utilization at higher intensities is related to a number of factors including greater adrenaline release (3,4) decreased availability of free fatty acids (5), and greater recruitment of Type II muscle fibers (3,6,8). The ketogenic diet shifts the crossover (i.e. lactate threshold) point to higher training intensities (3) as does regular endurance training (4).

Under normal (non-ketotic) conditions, ketones may provide 1% of the total energy yield during exercise (8). During the initial stage of a ketogenic diet, ketones may provide up to 20% of the total energy yield during exercise (9). After adaptation, even under conditions of heavy ketosis, ketones rarely provide more than 7-8% of the total energy yield which is a relatively insignificant amount (10,11,12).

Generally, protein use during aerobic exercise is minimal, accounting for perhaps 5% of the total energy yield. With glycogen depletion, this may increase to 10% of the total energy yield, amounting to the oxidation of about 10-13 grams of protein per hour of continuous exercise (14). This is at least part of the reason that excessive aerobic exercise, especially under low glycogen conditions, can cause muscle loss while dieting.

Studies on ketogenic diets (2 to 6 weeks) find a maintenance (15, 16) or increase (17,18) in aerobic endurance during low intensity exercise (75% of maximum heart rate and below). At higher exercise intensities (around 85% of maximum heart rate which is likely above the lactate threshold), as glycogen use increases, performance decreases on a ketogenic diet (19).
    im suggesting he do this to get into ketosis faster. by doing high intensity cardio his body will use up the glycogen that he has in his system. thus forcing it to switch over to fat as an energy source faster.

ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im suggesting he do this to get into ketosis faster. by doing high intensity cardio his body will use up the glycogen that he has in his system. thus forcing it to switch over to fat as an energy source faster.
    He also suggest's in the same article Sunday: 30'+ of low intensity cardio in Ketogenic
    morning to establish ketosis. Why fix or modify something that has been proven to work time and time again???

rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    He also suggest's in the same article Sunday: 30'+ of low intensity cardio in Ketogenic
    morning to establish ketosis. Why fix or modify something that has been proven to work time and time again???
    Yup, this exactly, except he does say 30 to 1 hour.

I usually do an hour on the elliptical and am back in by Sunday night. Sweat out a bunch and do it before eating on Sunday or after 1 small keto meal sunday morning.

Usually do around 8 miles in 1 hour but with no resistance so it's really medium intensity. I keep my heart rate around 150-165.

rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If your adapted, you should be in pretty quick. But here is the thing. Why are you trying to deplete? You carb-up, to take advantage of the anabolic features of keto. Now, you have to use that for your week of working out. If your looking to get into ketosis like, RIGHTNOW, dont even carb up then. Stick to simple cheats every 3rd day or something like that.

What you need to know, Is WHY ARE YOU carbing up?

are you carbing up to store energy for your weekly weight training? Or are you carbing up, to get that one day wow factor when your muscles fill back up?

I eat carbs here and there, ****, yesterday, I had a twix bar, and never got kicked from ketosis. Once you have become adapted, ketones rule the field of play..

JMO,

thats actually very interesting to me. i'll have to try that and see how it works

some things id suggest

- you can cut back on your carbs more. instead of under 30, try and limit it to even less.
    - do a heavy leg workout
    - do a better carb up. this can go long way to getting back into ketosis fast. do a proper depletion workout and then followed by eating better carbs.

im sure there are others. over time as your body gets used to keto it will take less time to switch over. may i ask how long uve been on this diet? and how are u determining if ur in/out of keto?
    this is my 3rd week so my 2nd carbup. And i determine it with my ketostix and the horrible keto breath

Aerobic Exercise

so, for establishing keto in the morning after carbup low intensity right?

Team MuscleTech Rep/EMT-B BlueRev's Avatar
    BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    this is my 3rd week so my 2nd carbup. And i determine it with my ketostix and the horrible keto breath

so, for establishing keto in the morning after carbup low intensity right?
    Yes

blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blong4133 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    anyone o.0
    I usually get back in pretty quick regardless of whether i workout or not. Just go right back to your keto macros and carry on as usual. I can usually get back in by the end of my first day back. Once your body becomes adapted it will make the switch rather quickly v. your first time going into ketosis.

Your body remembers what it's doing and it will take a few days of constant carb intake to really get your body out of prefering being in a ketogenic state. At least from my experience that seems to be the case.

I wouldn't think working out would make too much of a difference, because you've just loaded your muscles with glycogen, and it's unlikely you'll deplete your entire body of it with one workout. It takes your body about 3-4 days to deplete the glycogen stores, but when you become fat adapted, it will take about 1 day to get back in. So in my opinion, working out the day immediately following a carb up won't really affect the amount of time it will take to get back in to ketosis. I could be off on this but this this seems like logical reasoning for what's going on coming off a re-feed.
    We fight til no one can fight us
    We live, and no one can stop us
    We pull but we're pushed too far
    And the advantage is, The bottom line is,
    We never had to fight in the first place,
    We only had to spit back in their face,
    We won't walk alone any longer,
    What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

ArcherNext has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You may try the Method of the Absolute Villager. Drain off your liver from glycogen and you will switch over in ketosis automatically.
    1. Take a pill of Chromium for the insulin (just in case)
    2. Measure your blood sugar in the morning 3.8 - 4.6 or s.th.
    3. Make infustion of garlic (cut in slices cloves of garlic and put them in the strainer of the coffee machine) and drain off your liver from glycogen (the glycogen in the blood remains, so you will not go hypoglycemic in the real sense of the work).
    4. Take mineral water with pH 9.5, free of F and Cl
    5. In few hours your blood sugar will fall to 2.5 or s.th. and you are in ketosis mode - you may start eating chicken steaks and roasted fish, etc.
    Actually I am not fond of ketosis ... at all.
    It causes toxic overload, whole grains/fibre problems and vitamin deficiencies ... and may send the immune system in the Dimention X (Candida to start presenting itself as the Immune System).
    IMV much better approaches for weight loss are the Separate Eating and the pH Alkaline Casual Diet.

cut8n8ripped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ketosis starts when the effin LIVER is depleted. Not the muscles. On the carb up although it preferes fructose (which you should avoid) the liver fills with glucose too in the form of liver glycogen, right. The cardio is good to deplete the liver and it's exactly the recoomended time span (30-40min) that takes to do it. Once the liver is depleted ketones start being produced even though the ketostix will probbably still be neg. The muscles keep their glycogen for the weeks workout. Yaay.