mooseG15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fall/Winter 5x5 Routine | Spring/Summer Isolation Routine

I just wanted to layout my workout plan (by season) from now on. I wanted to know what everyone thinks. Due to the high amount of success I have from getting size/strength while bulking on the 5x5 Routine 3x/week I have decided to make it my permanent fall/winter routine. Now I did reach a plateau with this routine just in time to start my isolation where I work each muscle hard once a week, but I would think after doing my isolations routine during the spring/summer I would continue the 5x5 routine next fall/winter and could possibly break my plateau due to routine change. The 5x5 Routine is 3x/week and Isolation Routine 6x/week. I also do plan to cut during the summer to get rid of the extra fat gained and will go right back to the 5x5 after. I do also fast for a whole month so in this event I will automatically switch to the 5x5 routine to maintain strength. I am good on knowing how i will diet as well. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
    Split Routine

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The month-long fast, is that literally no food for a month? Or is it like Ramadam(sp?) where (I think) you can only eat at night? Or something else entirely? That'll certainly make things interesting.

Regarding an "isolation" routine, so long as you mean isolating muscle groups/bodyparts, and not just doing purely isolation exercises, I can't call it a terrible idea, although I'm not sure if doubling your number of training days per week is a great idea. Maybe start with a legs/push/pull/shoulders split for 1-2 months, then a 5-day split for 1-2 months, then reach your 6-day split and keep it for a month or two.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Squat or remove thy self caerus13's Avatar
    caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If a routine works for you, why change it and designate to only half the year?

mooseG15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    The month-long fast, is that literally no food for a month? Or is it like Ramadam(sp?) where (I think) you can only eat at night? Or something else entirely? That'll certainly make things interesting.

Regarding an "isolation" routine, so long as you mean isolating muscle groups/bodyparts, and not just doing purely isolation exercises, I can't call it a terrible idea, although I'm not sure if doubling your number of training days per week is a great idea. Maybe start with a legs/push/pull/shoulders split for 1-2 months, then a 5-day split for 1-2 months, then reach your 6-day split and keep it for a month or two.
    oh no! I am definitely keeping my compound movements in my isolation routine. Its just a compound routine with isolations added just each body part is worked 1x a week because of the volume, although im doing chest twice right now due to it being underdeveloped. And for the fasting it is Ramadan so i will eat at night, just definitely gonna have that 5x5 routine to maintain my strength.
    Split Routine