JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Nutrition the week before and day of a comp/photo shoot

I have a photo shoot coming up, how exctally do i approach this in a bodybuilding way? I need help with carbs/water/sodium/etc.. I want to look as shredded/vascular as possible while having the appearance of "muscle fullness" and not come there looking flat as a pancake, yet not coming in looking soft as a sponge either.

The photo shoot is on saturday at about 2pm-ish

I was thinking the week before starting on monday start to carb deplete go low in carbs then on friday have a re-feed day (carb up) then on saturday lower the carbs back to normal depending on how im looking add in some more carbs (if need be) and hope i do not spill over, then 2 hours before the shoot have a decent carb meal with fat and sodium. I usually drink 4-6L or water per day on average, i was going to keep it the same up untill day of the shoot then lower it down to 4L only.

How does this sound, any help/advice/tips from those guys who have had many experiences with this?

Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    I have a photo shoot coming up, how exctally do i approach this in a bodybuilding way? I need help with carbs/water/sodium/etc.. I want to look as shredded/vascular as possible while having the appearance of "muscle fullness" and not come there looking flat as a pancake, yet not coming in looking soft as a sponge either.

The photo shoot is on saturday at about 2pm-ish

I was thinking the week before starting on monday start to carb deplete go low in carbs then on friday have a re-feed day (carb up) then on saturday lower the carbs back to normal depending on how im looking add in some more carbs (if need be) and hope i do not spill over, then 2 hours before the shoot have a decent carb meal with fat and sodium. I usually drink 4-6L or water per day on average, i was going to keep it the same up untill day of the shoot then lower it down to 4L only.

How does this sound, any help/advice/tips from those guys who have had many experiences with this?

Dont make any drastic changes. If your lean your lean. Why risk making yourself look worse?
    556/325/622 - 1504 total raw @ 193
    551/319/567 - 1437 total raw @ 181
    Best gym lifts - 575/340/650

***Inventor of the GENESIS JACK***
    WWW.KLEVABUILT.COM
    IG: KLEVABUILT

ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah, I'd leave it as it is if you don't know what you're doing.
    03.02.11 - 164.6lbs
    07.02.11 - 162.4lbs (strong illness)
    14.02.11 - 166.6 (strong weight gain - start of mini cut)
    21.02.11 - 164.6
    03.03.11 - 163.8
    08.03.11 - 163.8 (backed off the cardio a little)

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Slovation View Post
    Dont make any drastic changes. If your lean your lean. Why risk making yourself look worse?
    Sometimes you have to take risks.

Originally Posted by ScottishMark View Post
    Yeah, I'd leave it as it is if you don't know what you're doing.
    I dont know what im doing 100% thats why im asking so i do understand a little better on what to do. What do you guys do? If anything?

If it dosent work, it dosent work, atleast i tested it out and will know for next time what to do, the photo shoot isnt untill 2 weeks anyway so i suspose i could always practice this week, then adjust if need be the following week.

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I dont know what im doing 100% thats why im asking so i do understand a little better on what to do. What do you guys do? If anything?

If it dosent work, it dosent work, atleast i tested it out and will know for next time what to do, the photo shoot isnt untill 2 weeks anyway so i suspose i could always practice this week, then adjust if need be the following week.
    I agree with, and practice, just what Slovation said above. If you look good--do nothing. By manipulating the variables you have a slight chance of looking better...and a huge chance of looking worse. Onstage,or in photos, you are better off 95% full (possibly slightly flat, but dry and hard) than you are 105% full (holding water and smooth).
    If you are set on trying something and want to take the risk....just do what you have planned for the week as you stated above, see how it works, and adjust next time. Asking what others do is irrelevant to what you should do. Learn, firsthand, what works for YOUR body.
    Last edited by simpleguy4; 02-17-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: sp.
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Why take a big risk for minimal gain?

I don't do anything by myself, because I don't know what to do. I did howeve have my last weeks eating pre show planned out meal for meal hour by hour and gram by gram by the guy who helped me with my diet because he DID know what he was doing..

If it doesn't work you won't necessarily know what to do for next time, there are a millions things you can try and you'll know one of the millions not to do lol.

Not that trying new **** out isn't encouraged, I just wouldn't go it alone in this instance.
    03.02.11 - 164.6lbs
    07.02.11 - 162.4lbs (strong illness)
    14.02.11 - 166.6 (strong weight gain - start of mini cut)
    21.02.11 - 164.6
    03.03.11 - 163.8
    08.03.11 - 163.8 (backed off the cardio a little)

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If its your first time, I would just plan a normal refeed the night before then have a healthy dose of carbs in the morning (assuming you dont spill from your refeed). Then, maybe a small carb, fat sodium meal prior to the shoot. Keep water constant. Keep it real simple and conservative.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete