Skinnyguns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trouble with pre-workout breakfast

Hey Guys, im having some serious trouble with my pre-workout breakfast at the moment, i work out at eight every morning, 4-5 times a week, but i cant seem to eat enough to fuel my workouts or to sate myself in the mornings. its becoming a major issue as i am working out more and lifting heavier recently, pushing myself further, at the moment i have 2 eggs on granary toast with a shake, or muesli or porridge (oatmeal) but nothing seems to keep me energised. I also have difficulty with eating first thing due to very heavy cotton-mouth, as i cant breathe through my nose, so chewing and swallowing is an issue.
    does anyone have any suggestions about what i can eat that gives me maximum energy to plough through my workouts and short HIIT cardio after, without leaving me feeling sick and very hungry, as my workouts are being affected.
    to give a better idea of my needs, i am trying to add as much mass as possible whilst cutting away alot of fat! i am 220lb, with a moderate fat to muscle ratio, my main lifts, to give you an idea of my current strength and nutritional needs, are bp 180lb, sq 200lb, dl 220lb. hope this helps you guys help me!
    thanks
    SkinnyGuns

COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Skinnyguns View Post
    Hey Guys, im having some serious trouble with my pre-workout breakfast at the moment, i work out at eight every morning, 4-5 times a week, but i cant seem to eat enough to fuel my workouts or to sate myself in the mornings. its becoming a major issue as i am working out more and lifting heavier recently, pushing myself further, at the moment i have 2 eggs on granary toast with a shake, or muesli or porridge (oatmeal) but nothing seems to keep me energised. I also have difficulty with eating first thing due to very heavy cotton-mouth, as i cant breathe through my nose, so chewing and swallowing is an issue.
    does anyone have any suggestions about what i can eat that gives me maximum energy to plough through my workouts and short HIIT cardio after, without leaving me feeling sick and very hungry, as my workouts are being affected.
    to give a better idea of my needs, i am trying to add as much mass as possible whilst cutting away alot of fat! i am 220lb, with a moderate fat to muscle ratio, my main lifts, to give you an idea of my current strength and nutritional needs, are bp 180lb, sq 200lb, dl 220lb. hope this helps you guys help me!
    thanks
    SkinnyGuns

Do you take ANY form of caffinine - either in preworkout powders or just a morning cuppa coffee? That's what I use for that extra focus for cardio or lifting. I do not think for you it's a "food calorie" issue to supply your body energy (because if you eat anything more - your body will be too stressed in "digestion" of the food than lifting). Energy reserves from your body fat should kick in anyway. So do you take caffinine?

Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks
    SkinnyGuns
    What's your daily nutrition like? Calorie intake, macros?
    ✰ EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN' ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

S&P Crew

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would agree with the poster that suggested caffine. You could also try a strictly liquid meal like whey and gatorade.

Also, some train fasted in the morning and do very well.

Your main issue may be that trying to do HIIT after lifting isn't the best idea. I couldn't imagine what leg day must be like.
    Who do men say that I am?

YeahILift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YeahILift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YeahILift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YeahILift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks
    SkinnyGuns
    I would definitely try some jack3d or other form of stimulant. Also a High GI carb/fruit juice might give you a slight sugar rush pre workout.

Smile

thanks for the suggestions guys, i dont like coffee so the only caffeine i get comes from my 'grenade' thermogenic i take pre-workout, along with bcaa's fish oil, green tea and tribulus, plus the creatine in my shake, i will try caffeine and see if it helps.
    calorie wise i try for at least 2000-2200 a day, though i find it hard to consume so much on my budget; macro wise, im getting about 150g carbs, 180g protein, 40g fat, not ideal, but since i cant manage much in morning im missing out on a good chance to macro up!
    thanks again
    SkinnyGuns
    (btw, not one rep maxes, im not that vain, just working sets to give idea of what my energy expenditure is like. )

Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks for the suggestions guys, i dont like coffee so the only caffeine i get comes from my 'grenade' thermogenic i take pre-workout, along with bcaa's fish oil, green tea and tribulus, plus the creatine in my shake, i will try caffeine and see if it helps.
    calorie wise i try for at least 2000-2200 a day, though i find it hard to consume so much on my budget; macro wise, im getting about 150g carbs, 180g protein, 40g fat, not ideal, but since i cant manage much in morning im missing out on a good chance to macro up!
    thanks again
    SkinnyGuns
    (btw, not one rep maxes, im not that vain, just working sets to give idea of what my energy expenditure is like. )
    How tall are you? Your caloric intake may not be sufficient, which is what is causing you to feel gassed. If you have trouble getting calories in, try putting calorie dense fats (PB, olive oil, etc) into a protein shake and get them in liquid form.
    ✰ EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN' ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

S&P Crew

im 5'11, i thought my cals may be low, but as i want to slim down i though that 2000 would be sufficient. i may try the olive oil in a shake, and see what happens, thanks.