keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

SS + marathon training + 1 hour treadmill walk, 7 days a week too much?

wondering if it would be possible/healthy for me to try to do SS + marathon train + treadmil walking 7days a week

here is a little background info on me

-ive been on SS for a few months but due to a nagging injury i took some time off. i've started back up again and have been going strong for a few weeks.

-my ultimate goal is to lose fat and gain muscle (yeah just like everyone right?)

-in order to lose fat i started to do cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. ive been doing 3mph at a 4 incline for about an hour each morning for this past week. this may sound easy but it keeps my heart rate right at the base of my target heart rate of about 120 bpm.

here is one of the more recent articles i read from t nation (yeah yeah. disregard all of the neatly place advertisements and just look at the routine)

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...tion_disclosed

-also ive started to find it fun running long distances and i am contemplating about working towards running a half marathon or so.

here is a sample marathon training schedule that im thinking about following
    http://www.marathontraining.com/marathon/m_mile.html

my question is. would it be too much to do all 3 at the same time? my current schedule would be as follows

monday- treadmill cardio walk(3mph 4 incline) for an hour in the morning, SS workout A in the afternoon
    tuesday- marathon training 3miles
    wednesday- treadmill cardio walk(3mph 4 incline) for an hour in the morning, SS workout B in the afternoon
    thursday- marathon training 4miles
    friday- treadmill cardio walk(3mph 4 incline) for an hour in the morning, SS workout A in the afternoon
    saturday- marathon training 3 miles
    sunday- marathon training 4 miles

obviously this would be the easier week 1 part of the marathon training schedule. if i were to stick with this some days would be 10,6,8 miles respectively. would this be detrimental to even try this routine? or would it just be insane.

thanks in advance for any insight.

Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Unless you have very good genetics, recovery and an excellent work capacity, it will be very difficult to make progress on SS for very long while training for long distance, marathon running 7 days a week. You will probably need to think about your priorities and put those first. If your goal is to get stronger and gain more muscle, then marathon training might not be the best idea right now. If, however, your main focus is to train for running marathons, you may want to design your training around this goal specifically.

If you are trying to lose fat, and believe that you need to engage in a copious amount of cardio to help, that is not the case. You lose weight by decreasing calories, through diet and/or exercise. It would probably be easier to lose fat while getting stronger and gaining muscle by cutting back on calories consumed, rather than burning them off with an excessive amount of long distance running.

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm training for a mini-marathon right now as well. I don't like your schedule though - too much running, and not enough rest. Here is one that I am following pretty loosely.....

http://www.marathonrookie.com/half-m...-training.html

Also, if you are running 10,20,30 miles a week there is no need to waste any of your time walking on a treadmill.

I am really wanting to do SS myself, but I am waiting until after I run the mini. I want to cut down to about 15%BF first, and SS conflicts with that goal. To try to eat enough to build muscle on top of all the running I am doing is going to be very difficult and I think I will see much better gains from SS if I wait until I am no longer running 20+ miles a week.

I understand the desire to get in better shape, and there are many ways to do that. Just realize that trying to do all of those ways at the same time is a good way to injure yourself, burn out, or both. Running a marathon (or even mini) is quite an accomplishment and takes a lot of dedication. Just stick with that and you will be in much better shape that you were. Then once you are in great shape from running the mini - go through SS to bulk up. No need to try to do both at once, because you will inevitably fail at at least one of them.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

SS + marathon training + 1 hour treadmill walk, 7 days a week too much?

Starting Strength is all about getting much stronger. High frequency. Low volume. Getting your reps in decent form. Adding 5lbs next time. Eating a calorie surplus to keep the muscle gains going as long as possible, until you are too strong to gain on linear progression. That kind of training is anabolic. It makes your muscles bigger and stronger

Long Slow Distance(LSD) training is the exact opposite. It is catabolic. Just look at the leg development of marathon champions. It makes your muscles smaller and weaker.

They are totally contradictory. Either you are a troll, or you are very misinformed about training.

Do one or the other.

You are very heavy for marathon running. Your joints will find it much more punishing than even the heaviest weight program. The ideal physique for LSD champs looks aneroxic. Losing a third of your bodyweight might be a good start. Just don't complain when you have to ask granny to open the pickle jar.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keazyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the responses. prob just stick to SS and some treadmill cardio.