Thread: Ab Ripper X

seanpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ab Ripper X

Hey guys for those who don't know, ab ripper x is part of the p90x program. I don't do any of the p90x except the ab ripper x and at the end of the video the instructor (who always seems too happy while working out) says not to do abs everyday. Some people say you can do core/abs everyday and be fine. How often should I work my abs/do ab ripper x?

Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by seanpark View Post
    Hey guys for those who don't know, ab ripper x is part of the p90x program. I don't do any of the p90x except the ab ripper x and at the end of the video the instructor (who always seems too happy while working out) says not to do abs everyday. Some people say you can do core/abs everyday and be fine. How often should I work my abs/do ab ripper x?
    At most two times a week. They should be treated just like any other muscle group.

seanpark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah that makes sense. Any recommendations on what days to do them?

Monday - Chest
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - Shoulders
    Friday - Biceps / Triceps

This is my weekly plan, I don't think I should do them on leg day so when would it be optimal?

CudiZone7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CudiZone7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CudiZone7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CudiZone7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CudiZone7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CudiZone7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CudiZone7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CudiZone7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CudiZone7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CudiZone7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CudiZone7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Personally, I do abs 3x a week, after my lifting sessions. I do cardio separately

Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CudiZone7 View Post
    Personally, I do abs 3x a week, after my lifting sessions. I do cardio separately
    Cuz your uneducated.

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Twstd View Post
    Cuz your uneducated.
    Ab ripper X is also unweighted (bodyweight)... don't think he means weighted crunches 3x/week.

Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Twstd View Post
    Cuz your uneducated.
    You're

Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well in the p90x workout schedule I am looking at right now he is having you do ab ripper x after each lifting session.

So obviously to him doing abs three times a week is fine

Dfalliaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah the program kind of contradicts itself. He states "don't do this every day, you don't need it etc." Yet during your Yoga session you're getting Yoga Belly Seven in...If following the program right this means you go resistance/ab ripper...Yoga with belly seven...then back to a resistance/ab ripper the very next day. So check me if I'm wrong but you blow up your abs three freaking days in a row!

Anyway I took out the Yoga X and opted for Tony's Fountain of Youth in the One on One series and LOVE IT! It's half the time of the Yoga X and doesn't hit the abs so hard.

FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi, to my knowldege and as limited as that is.

1. Ab ripper X is an intense HITT cardio training, which makes any person pant when they are done since its 15-16 ab exercises 25 reps each right after each other.

2. P90x in general is meant to be a high cardio/ low "heavy" lifting sort of program. Its not designed to turn you into a bodybuilder, but an athelete or lose weight by making you do high interval, and high explosive enery based exercises. For example if you go to the Gym most exercises are pretty much, steady, linear, and slow.

Where as P90x ur like a bunny injected with steroids, hopping all over the place and constantly moving, your muscles constantly working, not always "loading" and "unloading" but shifting and adjusting.

So in essence doing Abs 3x a week with p90x is ok, where as in normal routines where your core is put under alot more stress so doing abs 3x a week is like saying doing Shoulders one day, and arms the next. It wont hurt you (too much atleast) but wont generate any benefits.

Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Monday - Chest/tris
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - Shoulders/biceps
    Friday - Abs
    Sat - Rest/cardio
    Sun - Rest/cardio

thats how i would fit abs into your routine

Hit your abs hard and you want to do abs more than once a week. No crunches. Decline situps (both twisting and normal), find a good range where you can feel the tightness in your abs and do slow crunch movements. weighted cable crunches and hanging leg raises are nice as well

Originally Posted by Dfalliaux View Post
    Yeah the program kind of contradicts itself. He states "don't do this every day, you don't need it etc." Yet during your Yoga session you're getting Yoga Belly Seven in...If following the program right this means you go resistance/ab ripper...Yoga with belly seven...then back to a resistance/ab ripper the very next day. So check me if I'm wrong but you blow up your abs three freaking days in a row!

Anyway I took out the Yoga X and opted for Tony's Fountain of Youth in the One on One series and LOVE IT! It's half the time of the Yoga X and doesn't hit the abs so hard.
    Um......no.

Originally Posted by FML1991 View Post
    Hi, to my knowldege and as limited as that is.

1. Ab ripper X is an intense HITT cardio training, which makes any person pant when they are done since its 15-16 ab exercises 25 reps each right after each other.

2. P90x in general is meant to be a high cardio/ low "heavy" lifting sort of program. Its not designed to turn you into a bodybuilder, but an athelete or lose weight by making you do high interval, and high explosive enery based exercises. For example if you go to the Gym most exercises are pretty much, steady, linear, and slow.

Where as P90x ur like a bunny injected with steroids, hopping all over the place and constantly moving, your muscles constantly working, not always "loading" and "unloading" but shifting and adjusting.

So in essence doing Abs 3x a week with p90x is ok, where as in normal routines where your core is put under alot more stress so doing abs 3x a week is like saying doing Shoulders one day, and arms the next. It wont hurt you (too much atleast) but wont generate any benefits.
    1. Lulz at abs =hiit cardio. Ralph do you even lift?

2. You CLEARLY don't even know anything about p90x so why are you commenting?

avbguy9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) avbguy9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Everyone's different so it's whatever works best for you. Personally I did the ab ripper every other day for about 3 weeks and got excellent results.
    Last edited by avbguy9; 02-18-2011 at 10:53 AM.

senkcity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ab ripper tru story

I did it for like a month after my workouts.. it was mwf. I really liked the results.

senkcity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ab ripper tru story

I did it for like a month after my workouts.. it was mwf. I really liked the results.

Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you're following the ab ripper x then do it whenever it is suggested in the program. Don't change stuff.

FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FML1991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Los_Diablo View Post
    1. Lulz at abs =hiit cardio. Ralph do you even lift?

2. You CLEARLY don't even know anything about p90x so why are you commenting?
    Um i did p90x back in highschool, so yes i do know something about it. If you can please mention what part of my post was wrong it would be more appreciative than "why are you commenting....". Understand that before posting irrelevant crap for no reason that my post was geared from a perspective and towards people who normally pick up p90x (the majority being out of shape) Since most people who are out of shape have low cardio, P90x is a very strenous workout, and falls in their opinion in to HITT.

If p90x was a lifting program than you must be the one idiot who thinks so. I described p90x to be exactly what it is, a high cardio, explosive muscle actiivty sort of exercise. You dont lift very heavy in P90x unless you did so which makes you the only exception.

Other than if im missing something please tell me about it.

P.S you dont need to act like a jerk and be uncivilized a simple, "your description is wrong" would it have sufficed.

Still lulzing at abs=hiit cardio.

I may use that in my next stand up act.

moopsimoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Yeah Buddy

moopsimoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yaa buddy!

Originally Posted by Los_Diablo View Post
    Um......no.
    Um No...what?

Originally Posted by FML1991 View Post
    Um i did p90x back in highschool, so yes i do know something about it. If you can please mention what part of my post was wrong it would be more appreciative than "why are you commenting....". Understand that before posting irrelevant crap for no reason that my post was geared from a perspective and towards people who normally pick up p90x (the majority being out of shape) Since most people who are out of shape have low cardio, P90x is a very strenous workout, and falls in their opinion in to HITT.

If p90x was a lifting program than you must be the one idiot who thinks so. I described p90x to be exactly what it is, a high cardio, explosive muscle actiivty sort of exercise. You dont lift very heavy in P90x unless you did so which makes you the only exception.

Other than if im missing something please tell me about it.

P.S you dont need to act like a jerk and be uncivilized a simple, "your description is wrong" would it have sufficed.
    You do lift heavy in P90x. Every other day in fact and as I have progressed through the program I'm lifting very heavy weights and using major resistance with bands etc. And I do agree...some insight diablo would help...otherwise you look like a tardtroll

Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's nothing wrong with training a muscle every other day. Training a muscle every day, is wrong.

With that said, I'm wondering why you're doing a 5-day split. Full-body routine for beginners, splits for intermediate, etc.. Wearing-out your abs will interfere with your pulls from the ground like squats, deadlifts, etc., which are the most crucial lifts in weight training. Based on the current routine of back on Tuesday, legs on Wednesday, I'd say train abs once a week on Friday.

MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I work abs 3x a week. I rotate between 3 sets of planks for 1 minute with a 1 minute break, then the next workout 3 sets of weighted decline crunches. Its enough for me, after I do heavy deadlifts and 3 sets of planks my core is toast. I think for core strength planks are amazing and very under rated

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can do abs every day if you aren't adding weight, and aren't going to failure. Otherwise treat them like any other muscle group and give them at least a day to rest.