Closed Thread
    Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Body like M Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold?

Whether or not you think this guy has a good body, this is the kind of body I'd really like to achieve.

I'm typically a skinny person but with a bit of extra body fat. Talking maybe 35.5" waist, 14.5" biceps, 6ft 1, 175lbs.
    I can bench about 50kg and curl maybe 12kgs, so not impressive numbers.

Anyway, what kind of exercises, diet, and timeframe should I be looking at to achieve a body like this guys?

lapdogterror.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/a7x_mshadows.jpg
    i999.photobucket.com/albums/af114/screamocouk/M_Shadows_Tattoos_1.jpg
    aplinet.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/m-shadows-a7x-07.jpg

cheers.

Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Madone59 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Call me crazy but i dont really see anything to special with his body.

fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I guess ill post the fukcin pics

I never rep back

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    do bicep curls?

Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dragyth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bmontgomery87 View Post
    do bicep curls?
    I couldn't post the pics because I've got too few posts, it wouldn't allow me to do so.

I'm doing bicep curls, any special dietery requirements I should follow?

I'm bumping it up to a protein shake a day, weights 3x a week.

Chest & leg day,
    arms day
    back & cardio day

good/bad?

Currently I'm doing drop-sets at reps 6-10 depending on weight. Looking for failure on 6th rep with the heaviest weight.

Advice?

yo?

Registered User only4theweak187's Avatar
    only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) only4theweak187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dragyth View Post
    I couldn't post the pics because I've got too few posts, it wouldn't allow me to do so.

I'm doing bicep curls, any special dietery requirements I should follow?

I'm bumping it up to a protein shake a day, weights 3x a week.

Chest & leg day,
    arms day
    back & cardio day

good/bad?

Currently I'm doing drop-sets at reps 6-10 depending on weight. Looking for failure on 6th rep with the heaviest weight.

Advice?

LOL.. bro, dont worry about your shoulders or anything...

you have much to learn.

read up

Originally Posted by only4theweak187 View Post
    LOL.. bro, dont worry about your shoulders or anything...

you have much to learn.

read up
    Right well... read up on what? Link?

perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) perduebs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dragyth View Post
    Right well... read up on what? Link?
    Read up on the stickies.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP,

I assume you're talking about the guy in the red shirt in the first pic posted, yes? Being an old fart, I don't follow today's music so you'll have to cut me a little slack.

As for your goals, right now I wouldn't be doing a three-day split. You have no strength--yet--and your routine didnt list any shoulder work nor the sets and reps you do. Okay, as an idea, what you should be doing now is a full-body routine. Either All-Pros or Starting Strength will do you fine. Yeah, it's very basic but if you eat well--no junk--either programme will put the muscle on you. Don't worry about the strength increases; they will come if you push yourself but you have to push yourself first.

Read the Stickies and all your questions will be answered.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Squat or remove thy self caerus13's Avatar
    caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does he even lift?

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by caerus13 View Post
    Does he even lift?
    I lift.
    I'm doing 3 day splits currently, and have been doing so for a few weeks.

Working in about 10 mins of caridio before I work three areas.
    Today's legs, chest & shoulders day.
    Wednesday will be biceps and triceps with some core mixed in
    Friday's all about the core strength with sets of pressups, the bridge, sideons, and some legs again (squats) with some back mixed in. My workouts have about 25-30 minutes of lifting with usually 10-15 mins of cardio (running) before and 5-10 minutes of stretches after.

I do 2-4 sets of each weight, and follow a slightly scattered weight pattern. Today was typical and, for chest, I did Chest Flys at 21kg x 15 for warmup, doubled the weight to 42kgs, did 12x of these, then 8x of 49kgs and went onto Chest Press, where I did the same thing, and then worked in some shoulders on the shoulder press machine, did 2 sets of 8 or 10 reps, gave it another 2 sets of Pec Flys at 42kgs and did a few sets of leg press, 12x reps, gaining in weight til i fail on the 13th rep.

On 49KGs on both chest press and fly machines I failed on my 9th rep and I always follow a 3/1/3 (3 secs up, 1 sec rest, 3 secs down) pattern, and I never lock my arms (or legs).

I seem to be making small gains but nothing great as of yet, however I've only been following this strictly for February. I regularly measure myself and I take a picture in the gym twice a week, same mirror (so I can compare in the same setting).

I eat 4 meals a day, but am victim to a couple beers most nights. Well, that's not true. I love beer, but I can quite clearly see that 2 beers per night adds over 2,500 calories per week. Once I start seeing proper results, I think I'll start chuking out the beer and switching it for water and protein shakes.

I drink around 10 pint glasses of water a day, have coffee in the morning and then just water in the afternoon. I do protein shakes, a double shake as a mid-morning snack on workout days.
    Last edited by Dragyth; 02-21-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot and left out reps/weight

Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    OP,

I assume you're talking about the guy in the red shirt in the first pic posted, yes? Being an old fart, I don't follow today's music so you'll have to cut me a little slack.

As for your goals, right now I wouldn't be doing a three-day split. You have no strength--yet--and your routine didnt list any shoulder work nor the sets and reps you do. Okay, as an idea, what you should be doing now is a full-body routine. Either All-Pros or Starting Strength will do you fine. Yeah, it's very basic but if you eat well--no junk--either programme will put the muscle on you. Don't worry about the strength increases; they will come if you push yourself but you have to push yourself first.

Read the Stickies and all your questions will be answered.
    Hey,

Yeah it's the dude in red. The band's turned into a sort of fanbase of 15 year old emo girls so be too hard on yourself for not knowing of them.

Would you reccomend doing this after I get my strength up a bit?

bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer-week-1.html

TommyB7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TommyB7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TommyB7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TommyB7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TommyB7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TommyB7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TommyB7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TommyB7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TommyB7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TommyB7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TommyB7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Thumbs up M shads

If you’re a beginner looking to bulk up and put on mass likeMatt Shads you need to COMPOUND dude! Talking compound movements that hit multiple muscle groups. Exercises like the Bench Press, Deadlift (make sure you get shown good form) and Squad. Isolating arms like youre doing is good, but it should only be about 20% isolate. The other 80% should be compound. When you do isolate though, if you want mass rather than strength, do high reps on a low weight (20-30 reps) Don’t worry too much about a little puppy fat, because it will eventually become less apparent is you’re pushing yourself while lifting and keeping your heart rate constantly at a good pase. Diet plays a huge part also. Eat big to get big, but eat smart, no empty calories and not too much fatty oily foods. You wanna be having a gram of protein per pound of muscle you weigh everyday. Eg if you weigh 200lb you should be having 200g of protein a day which is mad but what it takes to bulk quickly. Have frequent, small meals high in protein man. And most importantly, keep training consistently and have a lot of patience. It will take you realistically atleast a few years before you start looking like that if you’re natural. You’re get downhearted and frustrated because natural progress is ****ing slow but just keep at it and never give up. Remember rest is vital, just train hard 3-4 times a week. Allow plenty of growth and recovery time! Hope that’s helpful man, I was just like you, wanna look just like him. Let’s go, size is the prize!

Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TommyB7 View Post
    If you’re a beginner looking to bulk up and put on mass likeMatt Shads you need to COMPOUND dude! Talking compound movements that hit multiple muscle groups. Exercises like the Bench Press, Deadlift (make sure you get shown good form) and Squad. Isolating arms like youre doing is good, but it should only be about 20% isolate. The other 80% should be compound. When you do isolate though, if you want mass rather than strength, do high reps on a low weight (20-30 reps) Don’t worry too much about a little puppy fat, because it will eventually become less apparent is you’re pushing yourself while lifting and keeping your heart rate constantly at a good pase. Diet plays a huge part also. Eat big to get big, but eat smart, no empty calories and not too much fatty oily foods. You wanna be having a gram of protein per pound of muscle you weigh everyday. Eg if you weigh 200lb you should be having 200g of protein a day which is mad but what it takes to bulk quickly. Have frequent, small meals high in protein man. And most importantly, keep training consistently and have a lot of patience. It will take you realistically atleast a few years before you start looking like that if you’re natural. You’re get downhearted and frustrated because natural progress is ****ing slow but just keep at it and never give up. Remember rest is vital, just train hard 3-4 times a week. Allow plenty of growth and recovery time! Hope that’s helpful man, I was just like you, wanna look just like him. Let’s go, size is the prize!
    This was from 2011.
    FMH Crew resident manlet

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    This thread---just like every other of these, "I want to look like ________" threads---was dumb 7 years ago, and it hasn't gotten any smarter since.

This stuff belongs in the 'teen misc.'
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733