DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How did you do it?!

How did you make your workout happen despite the universe's best efforts to keep you away?

Today I worked from 4:30 to 4 at a bakery, then drove around town running errands, then made it in to have an amazing workout even though I knew I had to play hockey at 10 and I wouldn't be home until 1am. I didn't let the pressures of the day spoil my gym time.

Tell me what you guys have overcome to make sure you still got your exercise in.
    Life Goals:
    1. Get yoked.
    2. Die.

...50% isn't so bad.

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How do ya do it???? You make lifting.exercising and eating healthy a priority...If something is deemed a priority...you'll make the time to perform...If you have the mindset that your work out is your "me time" your more adapt to do it.
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Okay so one mission lasted us 15 hours, so we got back around 9PM. While everyone else was getting showers and going to sleep. I asked around to find out where the gym was, and got my workout in.
    "If you are losing weight, you are going backwards in life."

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sometimes i just do it and let my body dictate how its gonna turn out.

tigrewoooods is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tigrewoooods is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tigrewoooods is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tigrewoooods is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tigrewoooods is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tigrewoooods is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tigrewoooods is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tigrewoooods is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tigrewoooods is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tigrewoooods is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tigrewoooods is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DeronD View Post
    How did you make your workout happen despite the universe's best efforts to keep you away?

Today I worked from 4:30 to 4 at a bakery, then drove around town running errands, then made it in to have an amazing workout even though I knew I had to play hockey at 10 and I wouldn't be home until 1am. I didn't let the pressures of the day spoil my gym time.

Tell me what you guys have overcome to make sure you still got your exercise in.
    I would alter workout routine days so that I never had to work 12 hours, lift, and play a game of hockey in one day.

But that's just me, not everyone can be so fortunate to have a flexible schedule. Major props for the dedication!

coke and hookers? IIFYM Verbalcody's Avatar
    Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd never be in a job where I might have to work 12 hours and even then i'd workout cause you got 12 hours of work, 1 hour of excersize 15 minutes of sex 2 hours of xbox, 1 hour of sportsdesk, 15 minutes to shower 7 and a half hours to sleep. Done.
    He learned no lessons
    He acknowledged no mistakes

Baby_Jesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Jesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Jesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Jesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Jesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Jesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Jesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Jesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Jesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Jesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baby_Jesus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the gym/working out is MY time..i dont need to do it because my bills need to paid, my cats sick needs to go to the doc or i promised someone a favour...when i go to the gym i leave all that behind its kind of theraputic for me i guess
    "Overall I'd just like to give a warning to you guys doing these no-fap challenges. It changes who you are. It has made me undeniably stronger in mind and body, but at what cost?"

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Honestly, I've done stupid stuff to fit exercise in. But, it's not really hard.

Even if I work a 17 hour day (doesn't happen often), I'll workout afterward, sleep for a couple of hours and get up and do it all again. Or I'll train in my lunchbreak, or, anything, I'll find time.

Working out isn't the hard part for me, it's diet and sleep that I have trouble with. A close 3rd in difficulty is stretching, I completely forget to stretch unless something is sore.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

DCHodges36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCHodges36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCHodges36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCHodges36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCHodges36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCHodges36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCHodges36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCHodges36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCHodges36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCHodges36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCHodges36 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Set your goals and future accomplishments...

One of the best ways to make sure you're at the gym is to have a workout partner that is more committed than you are that will meet you at the gym. That way there's some type of guilt there if you don't go. (Even better text them to commit to a time...)

But other than that I usually write down my exercises and I always look forward to that "next day" because I love that rush of accomplishment with every set and rep.

I feel I'm my own personal trainer because I have to complete at least 90-95% of the things I write down on my recipe for the day. Plus my gym is a drive a way so who wants to waste gas (and prices are high) to get all the way there and quit on yourself.

So when all else fails...just get there and the rest will come.

*whispers* "If you build it we will come."

Originally Posted by DeronD View Post

Dr. D. Khalil Hodges, PT, DPT

"If my eyes didn't see others who had better physique I probably wouldn't work out as hard...that's just me!" (DKH)

"All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific."

"There are 3 kinds of people in this world:
    those who can count and those who can't."

"It's nice to be admired by many, but if the person you like doesn't feel the same way about you...it means nothing." (DKH)