NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

160 lbs ~10% body fat - Bulk or Cut?

I'm still skinny but am somehow looking way too soft. (To be fair, I drank a 1,200-calorie shake pre-workout.)

Target Weight: 170 lbs @ single-digit body fat by March 2014.
    A part of me dies whenever I make a typo.

Hewn from a dream of what could be.

Registered User felicibusbrevis's Avatar
    felicibusbrevis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) felicibusbrevis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) felicibusbrevis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) felicibusbrevis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) felicibusbrevis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) felicibusbrevis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) felicibusbrevis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) felicibusbrevis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) felicibusbrevis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) felicibusbrevis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) felicibusbrevis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, I think you'll look a lot bigger than you think if you rip up a little, as long as you don't feel the process of getting leaner will tear down all you've built up at this stage. My own lifting was always purely concentrated around strength rather than size gains, so I never bulked and never will intentionally, but I'd imagine you probably still want to put on a bit more muscle to your shoulders, lats, etc to make your torso looked "finished."

At this point its all about your aesthetic goals. If you want to look like, say, Shane Mosley, then try to cut a bit more from your stomach and see if the rest looks big enough for you. If you fancy your goal is to have more mass than him maybe keep at your mass gaining attempts.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're still pretty lean, but at about 12% on that pic (lighting's bad tho'), but you've got a great frame to add mass to with a good muscular base at the moment. I'd bulk, but make sure that you keep lifting heavy and keep the protein up. If you aim to add 10 lbs over say 6 months I think that you would add very little fat and would look 'jacked'. You could reassess the need for a small cut then.
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NeinLives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the responses, guys. Reps to the both of you.
    Target Weight: 170 lbs @ single-digit body fat by March 2014.
    A part of me dies whenever I make a typo.

Hewn from a dream of what could be.

Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bulk. You look good and still ripped. Keep it up!
    Add me on instagram @davidgzz1981

zero_cooljr is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero_cooljr is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero_cooljr is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero_cooljr is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero_cooljr is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero_cooljr is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero_cooljr is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero_cooljr is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero_cooljr is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero_cooljr is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero_cooljr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You look great man, like they said before, bulk up a bit more and get those shoulders and traps up and you'll look so sick man. Good work

kismail1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kismail1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kismail1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kismail1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kismail1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kismail1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kismail1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kismail1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kismail1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kismail1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kismail1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    looking good man, notlooking that soft at all . still got them abs going on so bulk away. monitor those cals and see how you progess . goodluck

humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bulk, you need some more mass to be "hard" rather than "soft"- no pun intended

Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd certainly keep bulking. You have lots of time to shed the fat before summer if that is part of your short term goals. Bulk a few more pounds and reasses.

armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're looking good, Keep Bulking!
    "If you are losing weight, you are going backwards in life."