AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Deadlift Help Might Be Injured

Ok so it would seem i have bad back problems. i have always slouched throughout my life,always told to stand up straight,never felt comfortable doing it.

Anyway sometimes when i watch movies my back hurts after 10 minutes and i have to move.

Last year when doing a leg press test on this machine we had i really strained my low back and had to take some time off.

A few months later i was doing wrestling at gym and i did a head and arm on a big guy and yet again messed up my lower back. had to take a few weeks off again.

Anyway last week i did 150 deadlifts for 7 reps, it felt a bit awkward but i was ok. By the end of the night though it hurt to bend over not sore but like a pull. A week later and it still hurts a bit better but it still feels very tight and pulled.

So i was wondering if i should stop doing deads? reduce the weight maybe start with a 25 on each side? Any advice?

Registered User Rigorous Rhombus's Avatar
    Rigorous Rhombus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rigorous Rhombus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rigorous Rhombus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rigorous Rhombus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rigorous Rhombus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rigorous Rhombus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rigorous Rhombus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rigorous Rhombus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rigorous Rhombus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rigorous Rhombus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rigorous Rhombus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In for replies.

Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hard to "diagnose" this without training w/ you

from sounds of things your body is not prepared for deadlifting like that. definitely reduce the weight, and perhaps have someone take a look at your form. HOWEVER i would not stop doing them.

sometimes people do them and feel WRECKED but it is something you should work through. kind of like someone who runs for the first time in a while and gets shin splints and says "oh man i should stop running." no, you need to break through that.

but it depends on form. also make sure you stretch your lower back out afterward, look up some stretches or even basic yoga moves online. sounds wacky but works wonders for me, i took yoga in college (elective class) and it helped a ton.

Kennetth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kennetth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kennetth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kennetth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kennetth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kennetth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I felt the same way after dead lifting today but just called a buddy of mine whose been a gym rat his whole life and the one thing that stood out to me after a 30 minute convo was your back isnt used to it but like the gentleman above me said i wouldnt stop doing them simply because its an exercise meant to make your back stronger and who knows it might help out that natural slouch u got going on

AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmazingAJ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks guys. ya im taking a week off from squats and deads. next week i might just have a 25 on each side of the bar so 95lbs work my way up. when i use the foam roller its like my lower left back is what hurts same as when i hurt it wrestling

do i have to stack plates? if so how many?

back is feeling a bit better still tight.