Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Physique

pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000)

Men's Physique

So, does anyone have any information/pictures on this new "Men's Physique" class? What are the judges looking for in these competitors?

Gonna givr hell on July26 NaturalproMJG's Avatar
    NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Npc rules say a muscular physique without the extreme conditioning. There's no posing and you wear board shorts that are just above the knee and up to one inch from the bellybutton. I was thinking of tryin it out myself, prob only way I'll ever make it the Olympia stage without juicing .

soupermayn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soupermayn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soupermayn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soupermayn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soupermayn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soupermayn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soupermayn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soupermayn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soupermayn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soupermayn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soupermayn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NaturalproMJG View Post
    Npc rules say a muscular physique without the extreme conditioning. There's no posing and you wear board shorts that are just above the knee and up to one inch from the bellybutton. I was thinking of tryin it out myself, prob only way I'll ever make it the Olympia stage without juicing .
    You certain about that one ? Im sure it should be a conditioned physique without extreme amounts of muscle lol

Alot of them will be 4-6% bf will they not?

asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by naturalpromjg View Post
    npc rules say a muscular physique without the extreme conditioning. There's no posing and you wear board shorts that are just above the knee and up to one inch from the bellybutton. I was thinking of tryin it out myself, prob only way i'll ever make it the olympia stage without juicing .
    y0u g0t it mixed up

Gonna givr hell on July26 NaturalproMJG's Avatar
    NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Striaght from Michigannpcnews.com

Judging Criteria:

Judges will be looking for fit contestants that display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity will be marked down.
    "http://www.michigannpcnews.com/new_mens_physique_division"

^^Im just going by what I have read on the net^^^

What do I have mixed up?? Maybe the not juicing thing?
    Last edited by NaturalproMJG; 02-15-2011 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Added more
    Personal Trainer and contest prep coach
    Natural Bodybuilder {}-----{}
    www.martyswaypersonaltraining.com
    Instagram : marty_gabriele
    Pinterest : Marty's Way Personal Training

germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I thought OP was joking. This is as dumb and idea as the bikini show.

monkeylex is on a distinguished road. (+10) monkeylex is on a distinguished road. (+10) monkeylex is on a distinguished road. (+10) monkeylex is on a distinguished road. (+10) monkeylex is on a distinguished road. (+10) monkeylex is on a distinguished road. (+10) monkeylex is on a distinguished road. (+10) monkeylex is on a distinguished road. (+10) monkeylex is on a distinguished road. (+10) monkeylex is on a distinguished road. (+10) monkeylex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think its good idea. whats wrong with the bikini show? Cant think of any reasons to hate on that.

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would personally do well in this class and I absolutely hate the idea of it. It rewards guys that get kinda close to contest shape, get their bodies in good shape but don't have to work out their legs. It's just a lame idea. And as much as I'd like to think I could get up there and compete naturally, I still think some amounts of test will be needed to get up to the size that would compete w/ some of them. Who knows, but either way this is a dumb idea. Who looks best in a relaxed pose in board shorts....come on.

MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As if the bodybuilding shows are not long enough (especially amateur), now we have to sit through another category that the majority has absolutely no interest in. The clientele at these shows are not interested in seeing these guys (figure it out). At least in Bikini (which I also believe should not be there), there is the T&A aspect.

I have said it before and I'll say it again - separate BBing (men and women) from the other stuff and have two nights.
    www.MuscleSportMag.com - Bodybuilding, Pro Sports, Fitness

Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500)
    .:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Registered User Contract Killer's Avatar
    Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000)
    I thought I was gonna hate on this class, but truthfully, it's great. I would never attend an event but...

Tons of sponsorship from new areas of the sports world

It's gonna put a bit of money in the pockets of a few hard workers

It gives alot of gym rats something new to try out. Guys who've never dieted before are gonna catch wind of this sport/class and wanna try it out

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MuscleSportMag View Post
    As if the bodybuilding shows are not long enough (especially amateur), now we have to sit through another category that the majority has absolutely no interest in. The clientele at these shows are not interested in seeing these guys (figure it out). At least in Bikini (which I also believe should not be there), there is the T&A aspect.

I have said it before and I'll say it again - separate BBing (men and women) from the other stuff and have two nights.
    THIS. A SMALL amateur show is 4 hours PLUS as it is now. Add another category of 20+ dudes and that tacks on another hour or hour and half.

I would go to more BB shows as a fan if it weren't for the long drawn out presentation, but this just makes it unbearable almost.

The idea of the competition is comparable to having:

A slam dunk contest but not jumping to high or doing anything too technical.

A homerun contest but not hitting the ball TOO far.

A UFC fight but not beating your opponent too bad.

Any chance this sport had of going mainstream like in the 70s and 80s is now destroyed lol, even BB fans like us are probably going to be put off by this.
    ...imnoting

MSNate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I called a local NPC contest promoter to ask if anyone had signed up for this class at an upcoming show. I emailed and and left a voicemail and was never contacted back. I guess that was my answer. I considered it but didnt want to be the only one in the class. Ive just decided to to do an nga show instead.

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MSNate View Post
    I called a local NPC contest promoter to ask if anyone had signed up for this class at an upcoming show. I emailed and and left a voicemail and was never contacted back. I guess that was my answer. I considered it but didnt want to be the only one in the class. Ive just decided to to do an nga show instead.
    no way in hell I'd do it, the real bber's backstage and in the crowd would be lolin you haha. leave this crap to the "bodyspace spokesmodel" searches
    ...imnoting

MSNate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats exactly what I thought.

hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think it's a bit lame to be honest the whole board short thing. however it is a great opportunity for guys like rsardinia who train as hard and are as passionate as the pros about their physique but are not as wreckless to swallow all the drugs to show of their physiques on something huge like the o stage. Good luck to the competitors hopefully it works out to be a good alternative for natty bodybuilders and they dominate the fitness abercrombie model deekheds that will also wanna get involved in this

hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hooky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good post contract killer

ArnoldS1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldS1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldS1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldS1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldS1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldS1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldS1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldS1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldS1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldS1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArnoldS1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A new way to bring new a new crowd to watch bodybuilding. Pretty good hype. Yes bodybuilding fans might disagree and label it as a "useless" new category like swimsuit or bikini or whatever, but it is a great new way to bring more money+popularity to the sport.
    "Pain is temporary"
    "A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."- Martin Luther King

BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ArnoldS1995 View Post
    A new way to bring new a new crowd to watch bodybuilding. Pretty good hype. Yes bodybuilding fans might disagree and label it as a "useless" new category like swimsuit or bikini or whatever, but it is a great new way to bring more money+popularity to the sport.
    How is this going to bring more money to the sport?

Bodybuilding is funded by selling supplements to people with little knowledge and big egos.
    BB.com OG
    2k+
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173319421

do i have brotential BartPimpson's Avatar
    BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BaGeL23 View Post
    How is this going to bring more money to the sport?

Bodybuilding is funded by selling supplements to people with little knowledge and big egos.
    Well, I imagine you'd have people going to the show who are normally put off by freaky muscles. Women, too.
    We're dodging more ninjitsu attacks than Flex Wheeler. We're ducking more bullets than George Farah. We're facing more death than a kid leg pressing at Branch Warren's gym.

You can't stop us. You can't hold us back.

IFBB brahs über alles.

Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hooky View Post
    Good post contract killer
    this

USF-Hitman will become famous soon enough. (+50) USF-Hitman will become famous soon enough. (+50) USF-Hitman will become famous soon enough. (+50) USF-Hitman will become famous soon enough. (+50) USF-Hitman will become famous soon enough. (+50) USF-Hitman will become famous soon enough. (+50) USF-Hitman will become famous soon enough. (+50) USF-Hitman will become famous soon enough. (+50) USF-Hitman will become famous soon enough. (+50) USF-Hitman will become famous soon enough. (+50) USF-Hitman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pappas69 View Post
    So, does anyone have any information/pictures on this new "Men's Physique" class? What are the judges looking for in these competitors?
    I'm guessing something like this? Nothing against these guys or their physiques, but my understanding is they want something moderately muscular with low (not Mr. O level) body fat. A beach body pretty much.

"Sometimes Italian dressing tastes so good to me, if you put it on a pregnant woman's toe I'd probably eat it." -Kai Greene

"If you can't be Phil Heath, then be Markus Ruhl." -Dusty Hanshaw

How to embed pictures: [img]copy/paste link[/img]

ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I cant make up my mind if its a good idea or not. Just like doing anal on my girl.

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ResovoirDog View Post
    I cant make up my mind if its a good idea or not. Just like doing anal on my girl.
    That's always a good idea.

pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whilst i concede that there are two differing schools of thought as to the potential success of this new division, ultimately would it not be worth atleast a try?

Hopefully though, it does not turn into a Jersey Shore look-a-like competition

MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    - just be conditioned up top
    - no leg training required
    - shorts n sandals

lol JOKE!
    NPC BODYBUILDER / ISSA Certified Personal Trainer/Nutrition Specialist
    Coached by IFBB PRO Fouad 'HOSS' Abiad | ABIAD'S ARMY

Registered Cinephile HydroShake's Avatar
    HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000) HydroShake is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pappas69 View Post
    Whilst i concede that there are two differing schools of thought as to the potential success of this new division, ultimately would it not be worth atleast a try?

Hopefully though, it does not turn into a Jersey Shore look-a-like competition
    before it even starts i know it will be filled with guidos.

also, how naive are some people who think that physique competitors won't be on the juice.
    how many people like rsardinia are there in the world?
    "If I hit my mom back I'd be dead" - Ronnie Coleman

R.I.P.
    Michael Jackson "King of Pop"
    Whitney Houston "GOAT"
    Donna Summer "Queen of Disco"
    Luther Vandross "The Real R&B King"

warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    zomg mens figure competitors are gonna look like ****!!

They are gonna look great. Just because they wont be 5'6'' 250 doesnt mean that they arnt muscular...

zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by warbird00 View Post
    zomg mens figure competitors are gonna look like ****!!

They are gonna look great. Just because they wont be 5'6'' 250 doesnt mean that they arnt muscular...

Them dudes are big as fuk.. Thats what i call Perfect physiques.

ev3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ev3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ev3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ev3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ev3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ev3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ev3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ev3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ev3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ev3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ev3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It looks like it would be a brilliant addition to the olympia