Thread: Bicep Plateau

troyboy4696 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bicep Plateau

I have been able to curl 30s. Two sets of 10 reps and the third and last set for 8 reps. However it has been like this for about 4 weeks and I want to hop over this plateau. Strength wise, as well as mass too.

I am going for bigger biceps. and I also curl 65 pounds on a BB 3 sets of 8.

How can I overcome the plateau, and what different bicep exercises are there.

I do
    DB Curls
    BB Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Chin Ups

gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When you plateau switch up your exercises & or your routine too.
    I would try
    seated incline db curls
    bb preacher curls
    Cable curls
    rope hammer curls

for something totally different and maybe even switch reps to 10-8-6-4 or a 6-8 rep range.
    Don't pray for lighter burdens but for stronger bodies.

Capeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    don't just do 3 sets of the same amount of weight, try lowering your rep range and up the weight. Try something like 35's for 6.

Originally Posted by gymcandykid View Post
    When you plateau switch up your exercises & or your routine too.
    I would try
    seated incline db curls
    bb preacher curls
    Cable curls
    rope hammer curls

for something totally different and maybe even switch reps to 10-8-6-4 or a 6-8 rep range.
    I will switch up my routine. Thanks for the proposal!

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    last plateau I broke through I did by eating. No B.S. Quality food every 3 hours or less. If you put as much effort into your diet as you did your workout you would have much better results.

gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by troyboy4696 View Post
    I will switch up my routine. Thanks for the proposal!
    Right on brother but remember, strict form > weight. When doing bicep exercises keep your wrists away from you dont curl ur wrists towards ur body like yu would for a bicep pose.. this keeps the weight off your forearms and onto your biceps more and dont twist the db's keep them straight all the way through the reps. I can do db curls for 3x10-14 reps and they will be sore the next day cuz my form is on point.
    Don't pray for lighter burdens but for stronger bodies.

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    also dont think you are going to add 5 pounds to your lifts every month. you wont be curling 90 pound db's a year from now.

BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How frequently do you work the biceps? And what does your split look like? Four weeks isn't a long time to be stuck...and I wouldn't call that a plateau. Post your split and also post what you do on bicep day ( sets and reps ) and you will probably get a little better feed back on what you should do.

Originally Posted by BankWalker View Post
    How frequently do you work the biceps? And what does your split look like? Four weeks isn't a long time to be stuck...and I wouldn't call that a plateau. Post your split and also post what you do on bicep day ( sets and reps ) and you will probably get a little better feed back on what you should do.
    Monday Chest
    Tuesday Back
    Wednesday Legs
    Thrusday Shoulder, Traps
    Friday Bi's Tri's
    DB Curl
    BB Curl
    Hammer Curl
    Chin Ups

3 sets of 6-10 reps