Closed Thread
Page 108 of 336 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 10051
    BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    any of you guys have the boss rc-2? I want a loop pedal and it seems like a formidable choice

Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Picked up the guitar again the other day... Man, I'm bad. Hopefully I'll stick with it for longer this time, but I can never seem to stay motivated.

Anyway, I'm not getting sound from my amp. I think it's the chord, though... I can't check because I only have one chord, one guitar and one amp. Is it reasonable to drag along my chord to the music shop to have them test it? I'm hoping I don't have to buy a new amp.

BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BlakShirts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Zwicker View Post
    Picked up the guitar again the other day... Man, I'm bad. Hopefully I'll stick with it for longer this time, but I can never seem to stay motivated.

Anyway, I'm not getting sound from my amp. I think it's the chord, though... I can't check because I only have one chord, one guitar and one amp. Is it reasonable to drag along my chord to the music shop to have them test it? I'm hoping I don't have to buy a new amp.
    it's probably very likely the cord, I had one go bad after awhile. Cords are cheap, just pick up a new one

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)

Lesson number 1:

there's a big difference between a CHORD and a CORD (aka a "cable," "lead," etc)

DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Really started getting into the guitar and was about to start taking lessons and I sliced my effing middle finger straight to the bone right around the tip at work. FML. Probably won't be well enough to play for 3 weeks.

Think I may whip out this old keyboard my mom has so I can at least do something musical.

Feels bad man.

Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zwicker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by An hero View Post
    Lesson number 1:

there's a big difference between a CHORD and a CORD (aka a "cable," "lead," etc)
    As a fellow grammar Nazi, I thank you. You truly are an hero.

Originally Posted by BlakShirts View Post
    it's probably very likely the cord, I had one go bad after awhile. Cords are cheap, just pick up a new one
    Thanks. Going tomorrow, hopefully.

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DangerDan View Post
    Really started getting into the guitar and was about to start taking lessons and I sliced my effing middle finger straight to the bone right around the tip at work. FML. Probably won't be well enough to play for 3 weeks.

Think I may whip out this old keyboard my mom has so I can at least do something musical.

Feels bad man.
    that never stopped anybody
    As a fellow grammar Nazi, I thank you. You truly are an hero.
    Well in this case the distinction is pretty important. If I want to talk to someone about a chord I'd be talking about a series of notes played simultaneously

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AntoineDufour View Post
    ignore the ***gy clothes of jimmy wahlsteen lol hes straight ._.

amazing players...amazing song.

Posted other tunes here before, I saw him and Don Ross play that night in Halifax. Wahlsteen looks more feminine in other videos haha.

Wahlsteen is easily my favourite guitarist and them doing this performance on the street before the concert it amazing.
    Ball-Worthy [bawl-wur-thee]
    -adjective

1) Something so epic you would sacrifice a testicle to get your hands on it:

-nano's journal is ball-worthy;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117646471

-nano's guitar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124088321

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    One of my favorites things we did after gigs in Nashville, was to hang out on Broadway the next day and jam with the street musicians. Some great singers and players sitting out there playing for tips.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000)

Instead of making plastic thimbles for my fingers I think I'll just wait three weeks. lolz.

And that wouldn't help me, because anytime I put pressure on it the cut opens up. Feels bad man.
    Last edited by DangerDan; 09-07-2010 at 01:53 PM.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DangerDan View Post
    Instead of making plastic thimbles for my fingers I think I'll just wait three weeks. lolz.

And that wouldn't help me, because anytime I put pressure on it the cut opens up. Feels bad man.
    Yeah, it's a wise idea. Let it heal, then continue.
    -adjective

-nano's guitar

mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by piszczel View Post
    All I really know about him is that he popularised tapping. I've listened to a few songs, and I was talking about his solos not rhythm playing or anything. His uses tapping almost everywhere.
    You know, there was a guitar industry poll, not a fan poll but actual people involved with the guitar such as players, guitar makers, amp makers etc... etc... and the poll was "The most influential person for guitar in the 20th century". Again, this wasn't a fan poll and the people being voted on were from all facets of the industry. If it was me, I would think that Leo Fender or Jim Marshall would get top billing, but in the end, the number one person was Edward Van Halen. He is so much more than tapping. Have you ever seen a Strat with a humbucker? Thank EVH for that. Hey, your pickups are coated in wax to prevent feedback, thank EVH for that. The Floyd Rose tremolo, partially thank EVH for that. Various recording techniques etc... Not to mention that when EVH hit the scene in the late 70's he was doing things on a guitar that no one had ever seen or heard before. You're tired of tapping because everyone does it, and that's perfectly fine, but just know that all those people are doing something that EVH brought to the scene and they have done it to death. You need to learn your history before you can hate on it. Sure, there are guitarists out there that can run circles around EVH, and I don't think anyone would argue that, but if you ask these super guitarists who their top 5 influences are you're more often than not going to see EVH's name on that list. He may not be the fanciest thing out there today but when he first arrived he was the top dog.
    MULLY
    " If you want to experience a drastic change in an area of your life, then you have to commit to doing something drastic."

Originally Posted by mullyman View Post
    You know, there was a guitar industry poll, not a fan poll but actual people involved with the guitar such as players, guitar makers, amp makers etc... etc... and the poll was "The most influential person for guitar in the 20th century". Again, this wasn't a fan poll and the people being voted on were from all facets of the industry. If it was me, I would think that Leo Fender or Jim Marshall would get top billing, but in the end, the number one person was Edward Van Halen. He is so much more than tapping. Have you ever seen a Strat with a humbucker? Thank EVH for that. Hey, your pickups are coated in wax to prevent feedback, thank EVH for that. The Floyd Rose tremolo, partially thank EVH for that. Various recording techniques etc... Not to mention that when EVH hit the scene in the late 70's he was doing things on a guitar that no one had ever seen or heard before. You're tired of tapping because everyone does it, and that's perfectly fine, but just know that all those people are doing something that EVH brought to the scene and they have done it to death. You need to learn your history before you can hate on it. Sure, there are guitarists out there that can run circles around EVH, and I don't think anyone would argue that, but if you ask these super guitarists who their top 5 influences are you're more often than not going to see EVH's name on that list. He may not be the fanciest thing out there today but when he first arrived he was the top dog.
    MULLY
    hell yeah motherfukker

I've been listening to the Van Halen debut album a lot lately. Amazing record

mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So yea, totally got into jamming today. The fore-arms were well rested and my brain was feelin' good. I am SO FREAKIN' CLOSE to nailing Black Dahlia Murder's WAHNTHAC! I've got that solo up to 100% speed, just that last measure with the triplets is kinda sloppy.

Funny story today, though, since I always take my pre-workout mix an hour out from working out. I started jamming and all of a sudden my pre-workout was kickin' it. I totally rocked out for like two hours before I finally realized I needed to use some of this energy for the gym yet!

Gimme about a month, though, and I will have a vid up of me jammin'! I'm also new to this thread, but how many of you guys are pretty good? I'd rate myself an 7.8/10. 10 being Petrucci... and 7 being any and every Metalcore guitarist.

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hell yeah motherfukker

I've been listening to the Van Halen debut album a lot lately. Amazing record
    Eruption FTW!!!!!
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mistercollie View Post
    So yea, totally got into jamming today. The fore-arms were well rested and my brain was feelin' good. I am SO FREAKIN' CLOSE to nailing Black Dahlia Murder's WAHNTHAC! I've got that solo up to 100% speed, just that last measure with the triplets is kinda sloppy.

Funny story today, though, since I always take my pre-workout mix an hour out from working out. I started jamming and all of a sudden my pre-workout was kickin' it. I totally rocked out for like two hours before I finally realized I needed to use some of this energy for the gym yet!

Gimme about a month, though, and I will have a vid up of me jammin'! I'm also new to this thread, but how many of you guys are pretty good? I'd rate myself an 7.8/10. 10 being Petrucci... and 7 being any and every Metalcore guitarist.
    I'd say metalcore guitarists would be closer to 5-6 if Petrucci was 10.
    That's quite a high rating you're giving yourself, especially compared against Petrucci haha
    Workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116712111

NOTHING is sacred.

"BUT... it's way too easy to get caught up in all this ****ing minutia- like the kids on the Teen forums who won't eat regular peanut butter because it has 4g of sugar or whatever, ATG nazis, obsessing about every part of training, etc. Simplicity works." -101CavGrunt

mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd say metalcore guitarists would be closer to 5-6 if Petrucci was 10.
    That's quite a high rating you're giving yourself, especially compared against Petrucci haha
    Meh, considering my original value of Metalcore guitarists as 7's... not entirely. To be honest, if it weren't for my lack of ability in solo'ing... I'd be pretty solid. I can do plenty of 220+ bpm rhythms, including thrash.

A piece by Necro****ist is just out of my range of playing, but a piece by Job For a Cowboy or Black Dahlia Murder is within reason.

If you can solo then you're sure as hell not a 7.8 on that scale

piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000)
    This haha

Petrucci being the benchmark, I'd rate myself at like a 3-4? I could play some of his stuff but in no way I have musical knowledge or compositional abilities as great as him. Probably never will to be honest, but as long as one day I'll be as good as Mustaine when it comes to rhythm and Adrian Smith when it comes to soloing I'll be happy

Anyway.
    Started learning some Randy Rhoads solos today, I plan on going through a few of them. Learned Crazy Train solo today, and it sounds great. I'm gonna nail it tomorrow.

I admire all the great metal guitarists who made their name in the 80's, just how they used simple scales and few notes to create these really great sounding melodic solos. Nowadays it's mostly shred, and not that I don't like a bit of shred, but stuff like Randy is where it's at.

NOTHING is sacred.

"BUT... it's way too easy to get caught up in all this ****ing minutia- like the kids on the Teen forums who won't eat regular peanut butter because it has 4g of sugar or whatever, ATG nazis, obsessing about every part of training, etc. Simplicity works." -101CavGrunt

also this was supposed to say "can't" but I'm sure you probably guessed that

also this was supposed to say "can't" but I'm sure you probably guessed that
    I never said I couldn't solo; just that in comparison to everything else it's the one area that mildly lags behind. I'd say the most 'accomplished' cover in my list of songs I can play is this. I have a problem with that first fast section of the solo (2:10), that 8th note triplet feel. I do a pick attack instead of using any legato playing. Otherwise the rest of the solo is up to 100% speed.

In about three or so weeks I should be good to go w/ it, though.

I never said I couldn't solo; just that in comparison to everything else it's the one area that mildly lags behind. I'd say the most 'accomplished' cover in my list of songs I can play is this. I have a problem with that first fast section of the solo (2:10), that 8th note triplet feel. I do a pick attack instead of using any legato playing. Otherwise the rest of the solo is up to 100% speed.

Being able to play someone elses song still doesn't mean much! While it's fun, the real measure of your musicality is how well can you improv or write music. There's more to playing guitar than playing covers.

NOTHING is sacred.

ok.

Either way, rating yourself a 7.8 compared to John Petrucci is one of the douchiest things done in this thread since Willith got banned

Being able to play someone elses song still doesn't mean much! While it's fun, the real measure of your musicality is how well can you improv or write music. There's more to playing guitar than playing covers.
    Haha, I know this for sure man. I write plenty of my own music. Most of it is honestly for simple video games. I actually have a video game project I'm working on at the moment with a small, but decent studio. All the tunes are unfortunately s'pose to be "Japanese+Dance" heavy. I'm currently working on a few death metal tracks actually, but unfortunately don't have the right equipment for recording. I'm hoping to post something up by the end of the year, though. Here's about 1/5th of my actual *finished work on NGrounds: http://iheartquistis.newgrounds.com/audio/

Either way, rating yourself a 7.8 compared to John Petrucci is one of the douchiest things done in this thread since Willith got banned
    Your insult as a 'douche' is hardly a nix. I don't think I'm being unjust by giving Pectrucci an A+ and myself a C/C+ in comparison. "78" is barely citing myself as "above average"; quoting Metalcore guitarists like KS Engage or what-have-you as "average".

There are plenty of 10/10 guitarists, and I'd argue that Petrucci is really NOT the benchmark of perfection. It's his solos that make him a 10/10, otherwise his style of rhythms isn't really that difficult if you'd stack him up against death metal guitarists. Still, I think you're misinterpreting how far off I rate myself from Petrucci. Trust me, it's quite far.

AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

calum graham pretty good and upcoming guitarist.

AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    and 2nd place this guy is seriously good too.

There are plenty of 10/10 guitarists, and I'd argue that Petrucci is really NOT the benchmark of perfection. It's his solos that make him a 10/10, otherwise his style of rhythms isn't really that difficult if you'd stack him up against death metal guitarists. Still, I think you're misinterpreting how far off I rate myself from Petrucci. Trust me, it's quite far.
    Heh, I would say Petrucci's solos suck now ... his progressions were also the highlight of his playing. Prior to Train of Thought is when I enjoyed his playing.

Nice video Dufour. The Fingerstyle comps are always amazing and show real talent.
    -adjective

-nano's guitar

he makes me jealous with his skill lol ewan dobson is so good its amazing..

bieberfan is not very well liked. (-100) bieberfan is not very well liked. (-100) bieberfan is not very well liked. (-100) bieberfan is not very well liked. (-100) bieberfan is not very well liked. (-100) bieberfan is not very well liked. (-100) bieberfan is not very well liked. (-100) bieberfan is not very well liked. (-100) bieberfan is not very well liked. (-100) bieberfan is not very well liked. (-100) bieberfan is not very well liked. (-100)

fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Closed Thread
Page 108 of 336 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 ... LastLast