Closed Thread
Page 73 of 336 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 10051
    Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    The knuckelheads at our guitar center don't know what an Engle is.

I just picked up a ValveKing 212 on ebay.

Good thick sound without taking up 412 space, lots of natural harmonics, enough gain to be usable for metal with a little help from my floorboard.
    A really good clean channel.
    Was looking for an XXX but people think they are worth too much and after playing a 1/2 stack, still too brittle sounding. The Ultra series before them was a much warmer sound.

I am going to make a panel for the back to close it off.

Selling the Atomic and the X3 (which are still basically new, having been used so little).
    too bad, it was a realy great setup, but I never played, I always spent 3/4 of the time tweaking the X3 for a different sound.
    Now I can just play again.
    Awesome! I tweaked my GT8 to create 4-6 stock tones that I use for everything. It took me a few weeks to create my tone but now that's all I use.

Can't wait for the Loomis to come in. Been playing my acoustic on the porch in the evenings. Too bad I can't sing worth a ****.
    Semper Fi

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mindripper View Post
    Awesome! I tweaked my GT8 to create 4-6 stock tones that I use for everything. It took me a few weeks to create my tone but now that's all I use.

Can't wait for the Loomis to come in. Been playing my acoustic on the porch in the evenings. Too bad I can't sing worth a ****.
    Yep, on my RP 20, I had 5 patches I used for gigs, all the sem but with different modulation settings on each, then # 5 was the accoustic simulator.
    The GNX3 is getting a workover again, now that I don't need the direct bypass for the X3 models.

There are those that play to accompany their singing, and then those of us who sing to accompany out guitar playing.
    i am also the latter.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by chamelon424 View Post
    here's some of my guitar work and some vids...http://www.myspace.com/nathanelhaleproject
    impressive man

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Current Favorite Drop-D riff is Lamb of God - In Your Words

This tab is fairly accurate... All LoG stuff follows the same weird riff timing and whatnot.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/..._words_tab.htm

^

Shows hand position if interested.
    Semper Fi

Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hai der guitar brahs, some vids of me playing:

friend named this one, no brag. I just like it for fingerpicking practice

current bass rig:

Epifani 310 UL-2
    Line 6 Bass podxt live
    Crown xti1000 poweramp
    Ibanez Soundgear SR505 bass

still have the peavey rig back home in my parents basement.

Just a short warmup solo

and some simulated guitar bass slaping..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9y7Q9IXMOA
    Fixed... Learn to embed.
    Semper Fi

thanks mindtripper....sorry about that.I tried to embed,but for some reason it was just giving me the text code of the embedded file and not showing the video...
    Lulz - MindRipper as in tear your mind out.

Just quote someone's post with an embed video to see how it works.

So what do play for gear? I'm waiting on a Schecter Loomis 7 string at the moment and have a Kramer Nightswan as well. I run everthing through a Boss GT8 into my computer. Condo living FTL.
    Semper Fi

Registered User wickedsensation's Avatar
    wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    The knuckleheads at our guitar center don't know what an Engle is. They lost a sale due to their lack of customer rapport.
    One of the employees started playing so loud that 3 of us had to finally unplug and leave. I called him an a-hole on the way out. They were more polite the next time. I might buy my daughters drums there, but they don't carry any nice guitar stuff, except the Bogner Alchemist(which I was interested in but couldn't afford).

So I just picked up a ValveKing 100watt 212 on ebay.

Good thick sound without taking up 412 space, lots of natural harmonics, enough gain to be usable for metal with a little help from my floorboard.
    A really good clean channel.
    Was looking for an XXX but people think they are worth too much and after playing a 1/2 stack, still too brittle sounding. The Ultra series before them was a much warmer sound.

I am going to make a panel for the back to close it off.

Selling the Atomic and the X3 (which are still basically new, having been used so little).
    too bad, it was a realy great setup, but I never played, I always spent 3/4 of the time tweaking the X3 for a different sound.
    Now I can just play again.
    Yeah, Guitar Center is lame, but I have a friend who works there, so they don't bother me.

That's a good choice with the valve king. It's a really popular amp right now.

I actually think the XXX is a great amp, and I probably would have tried to get an XXX combo, but that's just me, hahaha. You still have a cool amp.

I just like the XXX more because it sounds a little more modern to my ears.

If you're looking at the Bogner for metal or anything like that, I'd just stick with Peavey. The Alchemist is more of a Blues amp, or light rock amp.

Can't wait to see your Loomis. That's one of my favorite 7 strings out right now.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I like the XXX, but the Ultra plus head had a much better smooth metal saturation, the XXX is more raspy. I gigged for a couple of years with aN Ultra 410 combo and the Ultra Plus 1/2 stack

The ValveKing came in today, super fast, very rich sounding, not a full scoop, but the GNX3 will fix that, along with my outboard EQ
    Even on mid gain, the harmonics are outrageous.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

fitness intelligentsia ACslatering's Avatar
    ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey Shred heads,

I've found a session guitarist that used to play back up leads for steve vai on youtube, his solo work isn't half bad. Whats even better is that he's still down to earth enough to give a couple of us bedroom rockers some helpful advice on playing better.

So in one of his latest msgs [no homo], he wrote up a couple of practice lessons for free and hosted em up

here's the post:

Originally Posted by serj
    Dear friend

It takes time to develop shredding skills, but the more efficient we are when we practice, the faster we get results. And the faster we get results, the more motivated we become to practice even more! Enough self evident facts for now. I'm writing you because I've recently completed a series of free lessons on this subject. Go to www.thewizardofshred.com now and enjoy!

9 totally free lessons on how to get the most out of the time you put in.

Visit: www.thewizardofshred.com now and double your growth rate

These are the lessons:

1. Learn how to develop insane shreddring skills
    2. Get faster, fast and with less effort
    3. How to nail that new lick in minutes instead of days
    4. The ultimate speed building strategy
    5. How to gain an extra 4 hours of practice a day
    6. 8 things that keep you from getting better, part 1
    7. 8 things that keep you from getting better, part 2
    8. Triple your musical vocabulary in months
    9. The one key that makes all the difference

Let me know if I you have other great ideas I've missed!

Enjoy

complimentary ynwie lesson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrNZ_nyXAYA

Anna spelt backwards is Anna. Coincidence? I think NOT! - EclipseTT

Xcelur8 is just really nice. (+1000) Xcelur8 is just really nice. (+1000) Xcelur8 is just really nice. (+1000) Xcelur8 is just really nice. (+1000) Xcelur8 is just really nice. (+1000) Xcelur8 is just really nice. (+1000) Xcelur8 is just really nice. (+1000) Xcelur8 is just really nice. (+1000) Xcelur8 is just really nice. (+1000) Xcelur8 is just really nice. (+1000) Xcelur8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice find!

DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    here's some of my guitar work and some vids...http://www.myspace.com/nathanelhaleproject
    You shouldn't be in the red if you can play that well, I love the chromatiscm and whole tone /diminished / possibly synthetic tonality, some of it sounds very buckethead, its all in there. You have a great touch and your playing is really snappy and groovy man. It flows very well. Best player on the misc IMO. Mindripper rep him

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DirtyDon123 View Post
    You shouldn't be in the red if you can play that well, I love the chromatiscm and whole tone /diminished / possibly synthetic tonality, some of it sounds very buckethead, its all in there. You have a great touch and your playing is really snappy and groovy man. It flows very well. Best player on the misc IMO. Mindripper rep him
    He makes multiple threads a day both in the misc and the music section about his guitar playing

Originally Posted by An hero View Post
    He makes multiple threads a day both in the misc and the music section about his guitar playing
    and he's going to get banned for spamming too
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Probably been posted in here, but worth checking out!

-->>MMC<<--
    Aussie Supp Misc Family
    Bromance Crew

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Master.D. View Post
    Probably been posted in here, but worth checking out!
    The Howe is strong with this one. Awesome stuff, especially some of the rhythm sections. Kiko is great.
    The assassins of freedom tend the burning of truth.

Originally Posted by wickedsensation View Post

Can't wait to see your Loomis. That's one of my favorite 7 strings out right now.
    Should have it by this Friday!!!
    Semper Fi

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn, dude, I bet you can't wait.

Have you apologized in advance yet to friends and family for your soon-to-be absence as you indulge in seven string splendour?
    The assassins of freedom tend the burning of truth.

..then I rocked the joint nail3r's Avatar
    nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anyone into blues here?

SRV, Hendrix, Clapton, Mayer... etc etc etc

This thread is dominated by shredders.

DOWN WITH SHRED
    Sixteen year veteran of the misc, back after a 10-year hiatus.

Originally Posted by nail3r View Post
    Anyone into blues here?

DOWN WITH SHRED
    I like most styles of guitar playing... When I got back into it a few years ago all I played was Hendrix, SRV and Clapton. Then my rock roots took over and I went back to what I know. I use blues phrasing in almost all my playing still though.

\m/ Shred pwns \m/
    Semper Fi

AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    for all ur shred heads check this out

i think this type of playing > shred

and he can obviously play fast too

Originally Posted by AntoineDufour View Post
    for all ur shred heads check this out

i think this type of playing > shred

and he can obviously play fast too
    Reminds me of Timmons who is a brillaint musician and superb shredder.
    Semper Fi

AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wow andy timmons is amazing i would rep u if repped mattered **** to u lol .....seriously thanks more songs for my zune now

just watched cry for you..... im pretty impressed
    Last edited by AntoineDufour; 04-30-2009 at 12:49 PM.

wow andy timmons is amazing i would rep u if repped mattered **** to u lol .....seriously thanks more songs for my zune now

just watched cry for you..... im pretty impressed
    Electric Gypsy and Gone are two of my faves by him. He's amazing.
    Semper Fi

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nail3r View Post
    Anyone into blues here?

DOWN WITH SHRED
    I like shred but I like blues way more

Electric Gypsy and Gone are two of my faves by him. He's amazing.

listened to those too...amazing. good taste man ..anyone else u recommend?

o and also for all

any 1 recommend me a great amp? I wanna buy 1 and price isn't a prob. I make 300+ a week and have nothing to spend it on atm.

listened to those too...amazing. good taste man ..anyone else u recommend?

o and also for all

any 1 recommend me a great amp? I wanna buy 1 and price isn't a prob. I make 300+ a week and have nothing to spend it on atm.
    Depends on your tastes... Paul Gilbert's latest effort is quite insane. Brad Paisley - Play is also great.

If you search this thread; theres quite a bit of guitar tunes.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6127991

As for an amp...What do you have now? and what are you looking for tone wise? Practice, Gig, living situation etc.

I use a Boss GT-8 pulled digital in through my pc using studio monitors. The sounds is great for what I'm looking for.
    Semper Fi

username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Gimme some songs to learn please!

The hardest stuff i can play atm is by the black dahlia murder... so songs a bit harder than that would be good
    I ALWAYS REP BACK!

Bulking to 200

Goals for next year:

Deads: 405 (currently: 237 x 5x1)
    Squat: 315 (currently: 242 x 5x3)
    Bench: 225 (currently: 154 x 5x3)

Start: all below 100

Originally Posted by username3 View Post
    The hardest stuff i can play atm is by the black dahlia murder... so songs a bit harder than that would be good
    What's in your catalog now? What tuning are you normally in? Who are some of your guitar heroes?
    Semper Fi

Originally Posted by username3 View Post
    If you like Thrash maybe learn some of Exodus newer tunes. They are heavy and pretty cool to play.

Children of a Worthless God

Testament - Practice What you Preach is badass to know. The rhythm is cool and the lead pretty nasty as well.

Arch Enemy - I am Legend or Nemisis

The Testament tune is the hardest, IMO.
    Semper Fi

Closed Thread