Closed Thread
Page 72 of 336 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 10051
    Anglican Beach Party abeachparty's Avatar
    abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abeachparty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Venus (Shocking Blue) ... how to play the solos.

Here's Part 1 of a 3-part series I did on how to play the lead guitar parts on Venus, by the Dutch pop band Shocking Blue.

Yours truly,
    Paul
    http://hotrodanglican.blogspot.com

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bignpisst View Post
    Im a Fender man so I was thinking about some kind of Tele I have 2 strats right now. The new Charvels are pretty killer.

Whatever I get will probably have the HSS pickup configuration even if I have to mod it myself. I like the options of having the singlecoils

these look really good http://www.charvel.com/legacy.html
    Cool. There was a review on the USA superstrats in guitar world. Got really decent ratings. They have a HH tele style that looks cool.

http://www.charvel.com/production_models.html
    Semper Fi

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mindripper View Post
    Cool. There was a review on the USA superstrats in guitar world. Got really decent ratings. They have a HH tele style that looks cool.

http://www.charvel.com/production_models.html
    That could be the route I go. I really like the look of the maple boards on those guitars
    Hero worship is unhealthy and cucklike

Registered User wickedsensation's Avatar
    wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey, Mindripper, look what showed up on my doorstep this morning:

Hahahaaha, You mad, brah?

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wickedsensation View Post

Why would I be mad? I don't get gear envy... Sweet rig though.

I would love a 5150 II however my present living quarters wouldn't allow for it.
    Semper Fi

wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

Why would I be mad? I don't get gear envy... Sweet rig though.

I would love a 5150 II however my present living quarters wouldn't allow for it.
    Naw, I was just kidding.

I've been through so many amps now. I hate it. I'm still trying to find the "perfect" one for me.

I used to get gear envy really badly. But after I started tearing through all the sickest amps available to find my "tone," I realized that a lot of them are really overhyped.

The 5150 is a sick amp, though.

But, yeah, if you ever want to talk amps, I'm always read to talk amps, hahaha.

Naw, I was just kidding.

I've been through so many amps now. I hate it. I'm still trying to find the "perfect" one for me.

I used to get gear envy really badly. But after I started tearing through all the sickest amps available to find my "tone," I realized that a lot of them are really overhyped.

The 5150 is a sick amp, though.

But, yeah, if you ever want to talk amps, I'm always read to talk amps, hahaha.
    Mesa Mark V and Engl Powerball are on my wishlist as well. Or a Bogner modded handwired Plexi.
    Semper Fi

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz

You suck!

I am looking to go back to a Mode Four or MetalHead MH500 (sold the Metalhead 18mos ago)
    The 18 watt Atomic is awesome, just not doing it for me right now.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Cool

Mesa Mark V and Engl Powerball are on my wishlist as well. Or a Bogner modded handwired Plexi.
    I wasn't really impressed with the MKV at NAMM.

The idea seems really cool (all the MK series heads in one box), but it didn't really deliver when I heard it. Maybe I need to play it first, or maybe it was the settings, so I dunno.

Have you played a Bogner before?

Bogner's and ENGL's are totally different amps, man. If I hate this Diezel, then the ENGL SE is my next amp.

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    You suck!

I am looking to go back to a Mode Four or MetalHead MH500 (sold the Metalhead 18mos ago)
    The 18 watt Atomic is awesome, just not doing it for me right now.
    Hahaha, you'll really think I suck if I end up hating this amp!

I knew a guy who used to play a Mode Four, but I haven't seen his band play in a long time, so I don't really remember how it sounds.

I don't think they make that amp anymore. Do they?

Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice. I recently played the trans-tube Peavey and was quite impressed.

So I finally broke down and ordered a Loomis 7 String... Should be here in a week or two. Will post pics when it arrives.

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31rC2gH8UaL._SS500_.jpg[/img

Playing that RG7620 in my Toxic video has made me really miss my 7-string.

I want to buy another one, but with a fixed bridge so I can mess around with the tuning more easily. I was thinking like a simple second hand RG7321 or my mate had an awesome Washburn 7-string that was pretty cheap.

Any suggestions?
    -->>MMC<<--
    Aussie Supp Misc Family
    Bromance Crew

spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Master.D. View Post

Playing that RG7620 in my Toxic video has made me really miss my 7-string.

I want to buy another one, but with a fixed bridge so I can mess around with the tuning more easily. I was thinking like a simple second hand RG7321 or my mate had an awesome Washburn 7-string that was pretty cheap.

Any suggestions?
    If you can find a second hand 7321, I'd say go for it, and while your at it drop some new pups in there, and you have yourself an awesome sounding 7 at a bargain price. If your lucky you might be able to find one with new pups in it already, because IMO the stock pups aren't all that great, at least for the sound I like.
    [IIFYM]
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ
    ΣΦΕ

Official Supp Misc Beer Ticker

Mrak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice. I recently played the trans-tube Peavey and was quite impressed.

So I finally broke down and ordered a Loomis 7 String... Should be here in a week or two. Will post pics when it arrives.

Also re-tuned and revamped my Nightswan... Its still a sick guitar. Its tuned Drop-D and just sounds nasty.

I'm thinking of changing pickups on it for a new tone... It has a full shred and a JB in it now.
    Nightswan FTW

I had a Kramer a few years ago was a sweet little gat, always wanted a Nightswan though DROOOOL

I wasn't really impressed with the MKV at NAMM.

The idea seems really cool (all the MK series heads in one box), but it didn't really deliver when I heard it. Maybe I need to play it first, or maybe it was the settings, so I dunno.

Have you played a Bogner before?

Bogner's and ENGL's are totally different amps, man. If I hate this Diezel, then the ENGL SE is my next amp.

Hahaha, you'll really think I suck if I end up hating this amp!

I knew a guy who used to play a Mode Four, but I haven't seen his band play in a long time, so I don't really remember how it sounds.

I don't think they make that amp anymore. Do they?
    I've only played an older Mesa DR which was pretty sick. The MKV idea is cool and I would totally need to play it before buying...

and yeah, I'm aware that a Bogner and an Engl are different amps. They do different things but both having some cool qualities. I was talking a 70's Marshall modded like back in the day. (Rhoads, Lynch, EVH etc).

ENGL SE would be awesome... I have no space for something like that right now.

Its so nice to have a normal discussion without FLAMING...
    Semper Fi

Cool

Originally Posted by Master.D. View Post

Any suggestions?
    I know it's kind of different, but I'd look into the Schecter Hellraiser. That is one of my favorite 7 strings.

I've only played an older Mesa DR which was pretty sick. The MKV idea is cool and I would totally need to play it before buying...

and yeah, I'm aware that a Bogner and an Engl are different amps. They do different things but both having some cool qualities. I was talking a 70's Marshall modded like back in the day. (Rhoads, Lynch, EVH etc).

ENGL SE would be awesome... I have no space for something like that right now.

Its so nice to have a normal discussion without FLAMING...
    Stay aware of Bogner's. They are really overhyped. Trust me. I know this from first hand experience. Bogner isn't modding any amps right now, though. He's really busy with the anniversary line he's doing. He's a cool guy. I've met him a few times. He's really cool.

The problem with Bogner's is that their voicing is deceiving. They have this incredible low mid voicing and really aggressive gain, but it comes at the cost of a super loose bass/bottom end. That really turns me off of their amps. It's not like it's the settings or anything. That's just the way his amps sound.

If you want that sick, aggressive mid-range sound with a tighter bass, then look into a VHT; but the VHT's overall tighter feel comes at the cost of high-gain, so that's also something to think about.

If you want like a modded Marshall kind of amp, I'd suggest the VHT (Fryette) SIG: X.

ENGL is totally different from most amps right now. They are definitely the most "modern-sounding" amps on the market. A lot of guys don't like that, but those guys are mostly old guys who think they are getting a versatile amp that can go from like blues to metallica to like in flames. But it doesn't work that way. ENGL is modern, and that's really all you're going to get out of it.

Then you have Diezel, which is kind of a cross between modern-sounding amps and vintage amps. That's the amp I would suggest if you wanted the most versatility out of your amp. Which model you choose depends on how versatile you want to get.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up with the ENGL SE EL34, though, hahaha. We'll see.

And, yeah, I'm not into flaming guys because they like something different than me. Usually the guys who flame are kids who read tons and tons and tons of different articles and forums, and think they have the knowledge of owning all the amps out there from reading that stuff, or they think that, because so-and-so uses this amp, the amp has to rock just because the person using it is awesome.

Haha, man, I feel like I'm going on and on when I really get into amps, but that's what I like to talk about!

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    The amp I miss the most is my VHT Pitbull UltraLead

Frikking most amazing amp I ever played, had to sell it for financial reasons,

Now the damn company went all boutique on us, no more super gain amps, and all the stuff out there is now 50% higher than it should be.

I am trying to grab another MetalHead at the moment and another cab.
    Last edited by ctgblue; 04-14-2009 at 01:04 PM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Cool

The amp I miss the most is my VHT Pitbull UltraLead

Frikking most amazing amp I ever played, had to sell it for financial reasons,

Now the damn company went all boutique on us, no more super gain amps, and all the stuff out there is now 50% higher than it should be.

I am trying to grab another MetalHead at the moment and another cab.
    Sweet, I've owned several VHT's in the past. They are definitely sick, but they never had enough gain for my needs. They were super close, but I'm just tooo0o0o picky, hahahahaahaha.

Also: they didn't go boutique. They just sold the name (VHT), and changed their named to "FRYETTE." They still make the old Pittbull, Deliverance, and SIG: X series of amps, just under the new FRYETTE brand.

You can find them fairly cheap on eBay.

It's kind of confusing, but that's what happened.

Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know it's kind of different, but I'd look into the Schecter Hellraiser. That is one of my favorite 7 strings.
    Too expensive
    -->>MMC<<--
    Aussie Supp Misc Family
    Bromance Crew

Sweet, I've owned several VHT's in the past. They are definitely sick, but they never had enough gain for my needs. They were super close, but I'm just tooo0o0o picky, hahahahaahaha.
    The Ultra Lead and CL100 should have all the gain you'd ever need, but it is TIGHT gain, not sloppy like a dual rec or XXX can get. IE.. cannot hide sloppy playing.

Also: they didn't go boutique. They just sold the name (VHT), and changed their named to "FRYETTE." They still make the old Pittbull, Deliverance, and SIG: X series of amps, just under the new FRYETTE brand.

You can find them fairly cheap on eBay.
    It's kind of confusing, but that's what happened.
    They are still expensive on ebay, but THANK YOU for the explanation.
    Just pulled the Fryette website, thank goodness... repped..
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Cool

The Ultra Lead and CL100 should have all the gain you'd ever need, but it is TIGHT gain, not sloppy like a dual rec or XXX can get. IE.. cannot hide sloppy playing.
    Yeah, I love the tightness for rhythm playing. Believe me, I'm not one of those guys who needs loads of gain for rhythm stuff. I'm into tight rhythm tone like Meshuggah.

But when I want to kick it into a lead, the VHT just doesn't cut it. I like my leads really fluid and open, with all kinds of harmonics and a lot of dynamics.

The VHT is really good, and it's still one of my favorite amps, but it just wasn't enough for me, hahaha.

It's like, you want to have your tight, aggressive rhythm tone, then you want to step out in front of the band when you play a lead and leave them behind.

Like I said, I'm really picky.

They are still expensive on ebay, but THANK YOU for the explanation.
    Just pulled the Fryette website, thank goodness... repped..
    Thanks brah. You should have told me you were looking for one earlier! I sold both my 100/CL and 50/CL earlier this year before I got my Diezel.

You should really check into the SIG: X. I see them on eBay for about $1500 bucks these days. I think it's probably the best amp VHT (FRYETTE) makes right now. It's like 3 channels and it has all the sounds the rest of the other VHT's have, and a lot more features.

I didn't buy it because there was an annoying popping sound when switching from the rhythm channel to the lead channel that was even audible when playing in a band situation. I think they fixed this problem now, but it was one of the factors that didn't make me want to buy the amp.

I also see the Deliverance series sell for around $900 used, but that's only one channel.

lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lost1700 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know most of you guys play metal, and punk music doesn't seem all that challenging. But this is a pretty cool interview with Brian Baker of Bad Religion and previously Minor Threat. It says the video is a lesson but it is more of an interview. I love Bad Religion so I found it interesting.

Hahaha, nice man. Bad Religion was one of my favorite bands growing up.

fitness intelligentsia ACslatering's Avatar
    ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up with the ENGL SE EL34, though, hahaha. We'll see.
    The ENGL EL34 is eargasmic - was about to drop some cash for that but i'm broke right now.

Here's an example of having a no pants party in my ears

Last edited by ACslatering; 04-17-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    Anna spelt backwards is Anna. Coincidence? I think NOT! - EclipseTT

It definitely sounds good, but I'm curious to hear it in a band situation.

I've heard Jeff Loomis use it, but I wonder how much of that is the amp, and how much of that is Jeff Loomis's straight chops, hahaha.

Sup guitar brahs? It's Saturday night and I'm too poor to go out, does anyone want a write up on something theory related, jus for ****s and giggles?
    -->>MMC<<--
    Aussie Supp Misc Family
    Bromance Crew

It definitely sounds good, but I'm curious to hear it in a band situation.

I've heard Jeff Loomis use it, but I wonder how much of that is the amp, and how much of that is Jeff Loomis's straight chops, hahaha.
    If you have a high quailty shop around you, rent one for practice... Last amp I played that really made an impression was a Laney GH100L.
    Semper Fi

If you have a high quailty shop around you, rent one for practice... Last amp I played that really made an impression was a Laney GH100L.
    I would rent it out, but no one has ENGL's here. Hahaha, you'd think because I live in LA that they'd have all the amps, but I only found one store that had ENGL's, and they didn't even know WTF I was talking about when I asked about the "SE," lulz.

I would rent it out, but no one has ENGL's here. Hahaha, you'd think because I live in LA that they'd have all the amps, but I only found one store that had ENGL's, and they didn't even know WTF I was talking about when I asked about the "SE," lulz.

Wow you live in LA and can't find an ENGL dealer worth a ****? LOL, that is crazy.
    Semper Fi

Wow you live in LA and can't find an ENGL dealer worth a ****? LOL, that is crazy.
    Hahahhaa, yeah, I only know of one place who stocks ENGL's, but what they do is hardly "sticking" ENGL's.

But Guitar Center in Hollywood is pretty good. At least they stock the bigger stuff like Bogner, Diezel, VHT, and Mesa.

You'd think at least one shop would carry them, but alas, alas, alas. . . .

I want to put the SE and the VH4 head to head.

Oh yeah, I finally got the try the VH4 in a band situation, and it just rapes. Man, the ENGL SE would have to sound GODLY if it wanted to destroy a VH4.

The VH4 is probably one of the only amps worth the money and hype.

Originally Posted by chamelon424 View Post
    here's some of my guitar work and some vids...http://www.myspace.com/nathanelhaleproject
    Some of your playng is quite exceptional. Why don't you introduce yourself and makes some friends if you are looking for honest feedback regarding your music?

Also stop making redundant threads. This is probably your best bet. There are some great guitarists on bb.com.
    Semper Fi

The knuckleheads at our guitar center don't know what an Engle is. They lost a sale due to their lack of customer rapport.
    One of the employees started playing so loud that 3 of us had to finally unplug and leave. I called him an a-hole on the way out. They were more polite the next time. I might buy my daughters drums there, but they don't carry any nice guitar stuff, except the Bogner Alchemist(which I was interested in but couldn't afford).

So I just picked up a ValveKing 100watt 212 on ebay.

Good thick sound without taking up 412 space, lots of natural harmonics, enough gain to be usable for metal with a little help from my floorboard.
    A really good clean channel.
    Was looking for an XXX but people think they are worth too much and after playing a 1/2 stack, still too brittle sounding. The Ultra series before them was a much warmer sound.

I am going to make a panel for the back to close it off.

Selling the Atomic and the X3 (which are still basically new, having been used so little).
    too bad, it was a realy great setup, but I never played, I always spent 3/4 of the time tweaking the X3 for a different sound.
    Now I can just play again.
    Last edited by ctgblue; 04-21-2009 at 06:02 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Closed Thread