Closed Thread
Page 225 of 336 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 325 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,750 of 10051
    rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RudeKong View Post
    Not a guitar related post but probably the only active thread that has musicians.

Just found out that the lead singer of my band pissed off the owner of the best place to play in town and we are now blacklisted. Would play there 3-4x during the summer and rake in close to $2k every time. Back to playing the dives and maybe getting $200/show if we are lucky. Feelsbad....

Kinda feel like kicking him outta the band but he is also my best friend and we started the band together.

anyone else ever have a situation like this?
    Man that's a sweet gig to lose, perhaps give an ultimatum to your friend with terms being that he apologizes and gets that gig back or he's out of the band?

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cjmadscientist View Post
    did some updating to the pedal board.....switched out my Green Rhino and fulldrive 3 for the Black box and Precision Drive. Been focused on metal recently, so the precision drive is fantastic with the built in gate (and it sounds in the ball park of a green rhino enough). Black Box is a sweet Bluesbreaker clone that does a great low gain thing when you need it. Not seen in the pic is my Joe bonamassa Wah

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/vp...83488768_n.jpg

How is that precision drive for non-metal tones?

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cjmadscientist View Post
    Nice to see a Turbo Tuner on that board. Faster and more accurate than everything else but seem to fly under the radar. I could never get intonation perfectly dialed in before I got one.

Also highly recommend Gator aluminum pedalboards. Made in the USA, has a really secure bracket for mounting the power supply under the board, and comes with a proper padded bag. Couldn't find anything better at the time for $135 (24x11"). Would buy again.

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Nice to see a Turbo Tuner on that board. Faster and more accurate than everything else but seem to fly under the radar. I could never get intonation perfectly dialed in before I got one.

Also highly recommend Gator aluminum pedalboards. Made in the USA, has a really secure bracket for mounting the power supply under the board, and comes with a proper padded bag. Couldn't find anything better at the time for $135 (24x11"). Would buy again.
    Hmm that turbo tuner looks pretty cool, didn't know about it before.
    I'm actually considering putting a small live modeling rig together based around these two:
    http://atomicamps.com/amplifirebox/
    and
    https://www.seymourduncan.com/power-amp/powerstage-170

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by rollerball View Post
    Yeah you seem to have a legit knack for composition and movement. Was that a midi-track that you'll later perform and record on guitar or do you have some strong digital processing on your tone?
    Thanks.. That was fully midi, I write songs in Guitar Pro first then export midi to logic pro and work from there.. This is just straight up exported from Guitar Pro.

Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    Thanks.. That was fully midi, I write songs in Guitar Pro first then export midi to logic pro and work from there.. This is just straight up exported from Guitar Pro.
    That's pretty cool bruh.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

Thumbs up

I'm actually considering putting a small live modeling rig together based around these two:
    http://atomicamps.com/amplifirebox/
    and
    https://www.seymourduncan.com/power-amp/powerstage-170
    Sounds like a solid plan. I'd never heard of AmpliFirebox. I really like the idea of having a modeler in a pedal that you can tweak via USB vs. rack based gear.

re: PowerStage, you won't have any trouble powering a 4x12 wth that thing. I've watched a few reviews and it looks like a great piece of gear.

For my own rig I wish they'd make a smaller stereo version (not the 700) with 40W or more a side. My signal splits into a true stereo delay (Strymon DIG) and then a stereo reverb. Running two pedal sized power amps (EHX 44 Magnum) into separate 1x12 cabs keeps everything on the board but I'd prefer to have a single power amp handling both channels, plus I like how they've got a 3 band EQ as a final tone shaping stage. Hopefully they decide to make something like this one day.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I got tired of too much crap. Now I have a Bias Amp Head and a Taurus Stomphead 4 HG

lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just for sh*ts and giggles I threw up an IG profile today with a couple clips of some shred-y type stuff:
    dat's some pretty tight picking. alternate or economy?
    (I can't repost those links yet.)

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    I got tired of too much crap. Now I have a Bias Amp Head and a Taurus Stomphead 4 HG

How's that Bias Head been working out? I remember I used the Bias app for a little bit and liked it.

Originally Posted by Stickyresin View Post
    dat's some pretty tight picking. alternate or economy?
    (I can't repost those links yet.)
    thanks bruh, I'm assuming you meant these two links:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcaqo0FH...ballrollerball

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcaqEZMn...ballrollerball

that's straight-forward alternate picking from the wrist, I think it's pretty clean and tight... but not much to write home about. especially considering some of other shredders in the misc like potato-cameraman deadhead and that other guy who sounds just like paul gilbert lol

deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    thanks bruh, I'm assuming you meant these two links:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcaqo0FH...ballrollerball

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcaqEZMn...ballrollerball

that's straight-forward alternate picking from the wrist, I think it's pretty clean and tight... but not much to write home about. especially considering some of other shredders in the misc like potato-cameraman deadhead and that other guy who sounds just like paul gilbert lol
    Lol sorry brah i have a temporary phone with a 2 mp camera. I need to get a vid of my picking technique for you.

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by deadhead6391 View Post
    Lol sorry brah i have a temporary phone with a 2 mp camera. I need to get a vid of my picking technique for you.
    Brah what do you think of the Jason Richardson method of learning sweeps? I'm trying to re-learn sweeping with proper technique and got his lessons and basically he tells you to play a bunch of arpeggios but with alternate picking first, and only when you can alternate pick them at a certain speed (pretty fast) do you actually start with the down picking sweep motion.. Also he avoids barred sweeps at all costs and uses some awkward finger positions to make up for it.. Or did you just learn it the regular way?

deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Brah what do you think of the Jason Richardson method of learning sweeps? I'm trying to re-learn sweeping with proper technique and got his lessons and basically he tells you to play a bunch of arpeggios but with alternate picking first, and only when you can alternate pick them at a certain speed (pretty fast) do you actually start with the down picking sweep motion.. Also he avoids barred sweeps at all costs and uses some awkward finger positions to make up for it.. Or did you just learn it the regular way?
    Ive never really looked into his technique vids so ill check them out. I personally learned sweeps by grinding them out with normal sweep picking. I do a lot of barred sweeps though. I got really used to them so it allows me to play them way faster than i would normally be able to if i was using a different finger for every note. For instance the intro to this track is 28 nps. Just a major arpeggio shape. I like the concept of learning to alternate pick them though. I do that sometimes but generally i just worked really hard and fine tuning my sweep motion so i could go back and forth throughout the shapes in either triplets quads or a full sweep. Like hiting strings like this 123234345 up the neck or vice versa so it has a triplet feel. Or 12342345 for a quad feel. Gargoyles angels of darkness really helped master that technique.

This song had the barred sweeps.

Also we released my album today if you wanna check it out.

Thread
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=175281711
    Last edited by deadhead6391; 01-17-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Lol 2 mp, such poverty brah

definitely gonna check this out later after work

BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    frank gambale doesn't have a problem with barring, and he doesn't alt pick pretty much ever
    -Guitar Shredders Crew-
    -BRZ club-

smoopsy is just really nice. (+1000) smoopsy is just really nice. (+1000) smoopsy is just really nice. (+1000) smoopsy is just really nice. (+1000) smoopsy is just really nice. (+1000) smoopsy is just really nice. (+1000) smoopsy is just really nice. (+1000) smoopsy is just really nice. (+1000) smoopsy is just really nice. (+1000) smoopsy is just really nice. (+1000) smoopsy is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is a good beginner guitar (acoustic, non-electric)? I want something that is decent, but not something that is pricey considering I may quit playing it in a month or three. If I do take to it I'll probably buy something better a year down the road.

Phrankoff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phrankoff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phrankoff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phrankoff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phrankoff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phrankoff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phrankoff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phrankoff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phrankoff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phrankoff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phrankoff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this is a stretch but, anyone in here know of some artists that use guitars / bass / piano etc to make hiphop-ish production?
    a.k.a. "making" beats instead of sampling?

I'm looking to start incorporating guitar and bass into some of my friends beats and I'm looking to see how others have done it. I know it's nothing new or groundbreaking.

example: the making of this beat is seemingly 90% organic. As far as I know, Donald did the drums, I would assume with an electric kit, then they made the rest of it with a dozen different instruments. This is the type of stuff I'm talking about.

The video below is cool to see whether or not you're a fan of Childish Gambino or hiphop at all. It's just pure creativity.

</3 R.I.P. CalvesMale R.I.P. </3
    ~~Gone But Not Forgotten~~
    July 10th 2012 - July 10th 2012

**12/28/14 jamespoe1's Legendary Thread Crew**

Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stickyresin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive never really looked into his technique vids so ill check them out. I personally learned sweeps by grinding them out with normal sweep picking. I do a lot of barred sweeps though. I got really used to them so it allows me to play them way faster than i would normally be able to if i was using a different finger for every note. For instance the intro to this track is 28 nps. Just a major arpeggio shape. I like the concept of learning to alternate pick them though. I do that sometimes but generally i just worked really hard and fine tuning my sweep motion so i could go back and forth throughout the shapes in either triplets quads or a full sweep. Like hiting strings like this 123234345 up the neck or vice versa so it has a triplet feel. Or 12342345 for a quad feel. Gargoyles angels of darkness really helped master that technique.

This song had the barred sweeps.

Thread
    fukkin-A MANG, wtf, calm down with all those fukking chops lol.
    just kidding mang, this chit is fukkin awesome!

Originally Posted by Stickyresin View Post
    fukkin-A MANG, wtf, calm down with all those fukking chops lol.
    just kidding mang, this chit is fukkin awesome!
    Haha thanks man. I posted a thread for the whole album if you wanna check it out. Plenty of really intricate guitar work throughout

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on the Fishman TriplePlay? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TriplePlayPU

Having a midi guitar would make my life a lot easier when writing other instruments in Logic Pro, I hate using a keyboard.. If this chit works as advertised I would spend that money in a heartbeat but I'm not sure how well it works being a wireless midi controller that fits in any guitar...

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on the Fishman TriplePlay? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TriplePlayPU

Having a midi guitar would make my life a lot easier when writing other instruments in Logic Pro, I hate using a keyboard.. If this chit works as advertised I would spend that money in a heartbeat but I'm not sure how well it works being a wireless midi controller that fits in any guitar...
    If you read the many reviews latency seems to be an issue. I fukkin hate latency so I'd probably look for an alternative. There's gotta be some midi-guitars out there.

Maybe check this chit out: https://www.jamorigin.com/

dragdawaters is just really nice. (+1000) dragdawaters is just really nice. (+1000) dragdawaters is just really nice. (+1000) dragdawaters is just really nice. (+1000) dragdawaters is just really nice. (+1000) dragdawaters is just really nice. (+1000) dragdawaters is just really nice. (+1000) dragdawaters is just really nice. (+1000) dragdawaters is just really nice. (+1000) dragdawaters is just really nice. (+1000) dragdawaters is just really nice. (+1000)
    you brahs know of any good guides for theory with song writting ? it confuses me a little. thanks.

If you read the many reviews latency seems to be an issue. I fukkin hate latency so I'd probably look for an alternative. There's gotta be some midi-guitars out there.

Maybe check this chit out: https://www.jamorigin.com/
    Thanks bro will check it out.. I read about the jam origin one but kind of shrugged it off cause it's a software and I assumed since the triple play is actual hardware and more expensive it's automatically gonna be better. But jamoriginal has a trial version, gonna see if it's good.. I'm fine with a little latency since i'll be using it to compose rather than play live..

Thanks bro will check it out.. I read about the jam origin one but kind of shrugged it off cause it's a software and I assumed since the triple play is actual hardware and more expensive it's automatically gonna be better. But jamoriginal has a trial version, gonna see if it's good.. I'm fine with a little latency since i'll be using it to compose rather than play live..
    When it comes to computer interface hardware I often find that there's certain price for entry for anything that's decent. But if you're not really concerned about latency you might find the triple play satisfactory for your needs.

harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy fuk, that matte orange RGD 7 Ibanez is releasing....
    |USAF K9 Crew|
    |Patriarch Crew|
    |Garage Gym Crew|

Squat: 475 (sleeves)
    Bench: 305
    Deadlift: 485
    Snatch: 195
    C&J: 245

S0Jack3d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) S0Jack3d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) S0Jack3d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) S0Jack3d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) S0Jack3d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) S0Jack3d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) S0Jack3d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) S0Jack3d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) S0Jack3d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) S0Jack3d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) S0Jack3d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I recommend "L&M Guitar" (learn and master guitar). It provides videos, a study guide, and jam along CD's. You can find it online (free on certain websites....) It will teach you how to play guitar and read standard notation (much easier than you think). I've been using it for a couple weeks and I'm surprised by the progress I've been making. I was initially just using Youtube videos to try and learn but they suck.

Just make sure you get a real good grasp of everything covered in each lesson before you move on to the next one.

Also.... don't develop bad habits, use a metronome!!!

Originally Posted by harmsxwhey View Post
    Holy fuk, that matte orange RGD 7 Ibanez is releasing....
    Nice.

My all time favorite Ibanez is the original Universe in white. A friend got one when they first came out. I borrowed it for a few nights and didn't want to give it back. Biggest regret is not buying it because I never saw another one. Ended up getting a JS1000 instead which is a nice axe but that UV7PWH is the absolute pinnacle of Ibanez for me.

cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How is that precision drive for non-metal tones?
    The pedal was designed in concert with mxr/George tripps, so to me it sounds like a TS type pedal with a bit less mid hump. Like a green rhino without the controls. It's a good pedal to help tighten up a heavy amp.
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Eat it Like Groceries Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

lift heavy, drink bourbon, f**k often

Closed Thread
Page 225 of 336 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 325 ... LastLast