AltProSave is on a distinguished road. (+10) AltProSave is on a distinguished road. (+10) AltProSave is on a distinguished road. (+10) AltProSave is on a distinguished road. (+10) AltProSave is on a distinguished road. (+10) AltProSave is on a distinguished road. (+10) AltProSave is on a distinguished road. (+10) AltProSave is on a distinguished road. (+10) AltProSave is on a distinguished road. (+10) AltProSave is on a distinguished road. (+10) AltProSave is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sharp stinging pain in my lower back / left ass cheek

I haven't been lifting with the best form... I've become lazy and started lifting DB's off the ground with my back, without bending my legs.

Now I have this sharp pain...did I pinch a nerve? I'm sitting in my computer chair right now and can't even fully lift and extend my left or right leg without this sharp pain pointing at my left thigh...feels like a bruise and needles. When I get up to walk, there's this pointy pain towards the left side of my ass and it stings like crazy.

Anyone know what this is?

I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I.K9009 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's either your sciatic or some other nerve. My injury was likely from the same thing: becoming lazy when picking up free weights and not using my knees enough, and the pain was similar. Got it down my leg to my foot and also up my back.

Most likely you've either strained a muscle, facet joint or a spinal disc.

Rest.

If you feel discomfort sleeping then try to put your knees up under a pillow or whatever position feels most comfortable. Take some pain relievers.

Don't go back to the gym until the pain subsides significantly. Stretch in the meantime but be careful with that as well; i wouldn't twist too much. Look up "lower back stretches" and try some of those. If they give you pain, stop.

If you're still feeling the pain in 2 weeks, go see an orthopedic. Otherwise, start back at the gym and start with exercises that have a back support. Stand up and walk around after each set and LISTEN to your back.
    I.K

jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just like you can strain a muscle you can strain a nerve by over stretching it. You did that to your sciatic nerve. Lift properly and you can avoid this
    My Logs---
    Blue Gene - unsponsored
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121600661

Super Cissus Rx - Sponsored
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119091271

Activate Xtreme + Lean Xtreme - unsponsored
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130944363