killuminati20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

side shoulder pain

hey guys i have been lifting for over a year now , and im having problems with my left shoulder.
    i starter feeling pain while doing bench press on the front side of the shoulder so bad that i had to stop doing bench press, so i decided to stop all work out till i the pain went away took like 2 months, lots of ice and rest i did on that time

i went back to the gym when i was feeling better no pain , light weights , but i kept feeling like a sharp pain on the side of my shoulder went to the doctor ,took x rays told me everything was fine , i have full mobility no pain when moving the arm or lifting weights , but i keep feeling this slight sharp pain on the side of the shoulder its not the same front side pain i had its different very slight needle pain not that bad , what could it be ?

im taking tylenol arthritis , fish oil , msm , glucosamine , choliritin , icing , streching alot , but the sharp pain still there.
    no pain when working out , lifting heave objects ,but i dont know if i should keep training

i dont know what the hell to do.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I had impingement that was not visible from Xray, but was visible from MRI.
    2 months off should have been adequate to let the inflamation go down, so if it returns, you may want to consider MRI.

By the way, most people fail to do any rotator cuff work...do you do any exercises for the RC? If not, you may want to start to try and build up those muscles.

Here are some examples of exercises for the RC that you may want to incorporate:

Internal shoulder rotation (note the towel placement to ensure elbow does not move away from body)

External shoulder rotation

(note the lack of a towel resulted in elbow not close enough to the body)

killuminati20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    been doing them for almost 2 weeks now 3 to 4 times a week, how many time s a week should i do them

soowu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by killuminati20 View Post
    hey guys i have been lifting for over a year now , and im having problems with my left shoulder.
    i starter feeling pain while doing bench press on the front side of the shoulder so bad that i had to stop doing bench press, so i decided to stop all work out till i the pain went away took like 2 months, lots of ice and rest i did on that time

i went back to the gym when i was feeling better no pain , light weights , but i kept feeling like a sharp pain on the side of my shoulder went to the doctor ,took x rays told me everything was fine , i have full mobility no pain when moving the arm or lifting weights , but i keep feeling this slight sharp pain on the side of the shoulder its not the same front side pain i had its different very slight needle pain not that bad , what could it be ?

im taking tylenol arthritis , fish oil , msm , glucosamine , choliritin , icing , streching alot , but the sharp pain still there.
    no pain when working out , lifting heave objects ,but i dont know if i should keep training

i dont know what the hell to do.

i have the exact same problem but instead of having the sharp pain when i do my pull ups . but everything else is fine and im capable of rotating my shouldar fine but i do feel that sharp pain . now i have to exlude pull ups from my routine im really dissapointed about it because i've heard that pull ups is a really important excerise to work your back .