wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto vs Paleo/Primal diets. Who wins?

Which is better? What's the difference? I've seen some of the before and afters, and they're honestly sometimes more dramatic than keto/LC ones i've seen (which is saying a lot).

What's the biggest difference between the 2? Is it just keto minus diary and anything processed?

Anyone here done both?
    "One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables." Romans 14:2

"Nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels."

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The winner is the one who understands that both are tools. If you are looking for the next great thing go ahead and try it.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    The winner is the one who understands that both are tools. If you are looking for the next great thing go ahead and try it.
    Agreed. Paleo diets are being marketed as this new revolutionary weight loss trend...its the oldest diet ever!(maybe) Both are fine as long as you do them correctly. After I shed most of my unwanted bodyfat away, Im going to be doing more of a Paleo lifestyle.
    USMC 04-08
    Native Texan

Texas Longhorns-Texas Rangers-Dallas Cowboys-San Antonio Spurs-Alexis Texas

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ketogenic diets will force you to limit many of the 'evils' put forth by the paleo people like gluten and fructose
    Keto diets if not implemented properly may cause you to explode what they typically consider to be the evilist- excess linoleic acid

I'm a semi-paleo ketoer

I love milk, and rice but avoid wheat ect

I think keto is better for athletic purposes, perhaps becuase paleo people never execute the diet right. Where I live you don't see fruit on the trees 12 months a year, so why do they eat it 12 months a year ect

Both have the same basic principals:
    Fat isn't bad, most believe sat fat isn't bad
    both believe excess fructose bad (though keto discriminates more against all carbs)

Panu.com I believe has it figured out better than any diet 'guru' I've seen on the interwebz

To steal the guy above me's quote "EAT MEAT, NOT WHEAT" is central to both philosophies, and obviously rings true for a lot of us on both sides
    771/645/622 Single Ply

tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000)
    i pretty much follow a paleo diet on keto days. i don't eat dairy or peanuts, except for bacon every now and again i dont eat processed meat either, and i feel great

but i am not giving up carb days. carbing up makes me happy and makes my muscles happy. that's what makes ckd my diet of choice; 6 days a week it is healthy whole foods, lots of dietary fat (anabolic, especially the good saturated animal fat) and insulin in control, 1 day a week of anything i want, go to restaurants, go drink beer etc AND get the added bonus of refilling muscles and cranking up the metabolism for another week of dieting.

i would not be happy on a paleo diet without a carb day each week to look forward to. pretty sure i am a carb-addict, doing ckd lets me manage my carb addiction and actually benefit from it.

that's my two cents

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tradertrader View Post
    i pretty much follow a paleo diet on keto days. i don't eat dairy or peanuts, except for bacon every now and again i dont eat processed meat either, and i feel great

but i am not giving up carb days. carbing up makes me happy and makes my muscles happy. that's what makes ckd my diet of choice; 6 days a week it is healthy whole foods, lots of dietary fat (anabolic, especially the good saturated animal fat) and insulin in control, 1 day a week of anything i want, go to restaurants, go drink beer etc AND get the added bonus of refilling muscles and cranking up the metabolism for another week of dieting.

i would not be happy on a paleo diet without a carb day each week to look forward to. pretty sure i am a carb-addict, doing ckd lets me manage my carb addiction and actually benefit from it.

that's my two cents
    Many of the smarter paleo people think potatoes and rice are pretty benign even when consumed at fairly modorate levels. So even a 'paleo keto' person could have a carb up day when they eat 50 potatoes or something
    panu.com is my favorite.... though he is not a big fan of long term keto
    Last edited by Torrtrefireto; 02-14-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    771/645/622 Single Ply

tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000) tradertrader is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Many of the smarter paleo people think potatoes and rice are pretty benign even when consumed at fairly modorate levels. So even a 'paleo keto' person could have a carb up day when they eat 50 potatoes or something
    panu.com is my favorite.... though he is not a big fan of long term keto
    potatoes are alright

pancakes, samosas, pizza, beer and smoked meat sandwiches are way better.

but i take your point, guess the paleo folk could carb up on yams or something. whatever twigs and berries necessary...

wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    Not looking for the next great thing, just have zero experience with the paleo lifestyle; and from what i've seen & heard it doesn't look much different from keto save the no dairy, legumes, and processed meat.

Looks like Keto with only whole foods, which is great, but expensive and hard to find.

Very worth it, though, and anyone who's eaten grass-fed hamburger and T-Bone knows it just tastes better anyway.
    "One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables." Romans 14:2

Originally Posted by wannabemeso View Post
    Not looking for the next great thing, just have zero experience with the paleo lifestyle; and from what i've seen & heard it doesn't look much different from keto save the no dairy, legumes, and processed meat.

Looks like Keto with only whole foods, which is great, but expensive and hard to find.

Very worth it, though, and anyone who's eaten grass-fed hamburger and T-Bone knows it just tastes better anyway.
    my father is a hunter, i have a freezer full of wild meat

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just try and eat as cave-man/woman-ish as I possibly can. I'm not as informed about how different these diets are, or how they're being marketed in the weight-loss industry.

Does anyone have a link to a chart showing the differences?

The best! A lot of my good friends are hunters and fishermen, which means a lot of good pig and ahi (fresh caught tuna), in my freezer.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

Lucky! Man, I wish I could get it easier and cheaper.

Originally Posted by wannabemeso View Post
    Lucky! Man, I wish I could get it easier and cheaper.
    yea it is great, also have an uncle who raises highland beef that essentially just graze (and live in the woods on his property aha) and are not given any 'feed'. got a delivery of that stuff on the way...

game and free-range meat tends to be leaner (game especially, wild venison is super-lean) but that it fine, just get my fats elsewhere, nothing like venison steak covered in butter... or bacon...

sorry i can't share haha! being a Canadian from the countryside has some perks...

maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yea it is great, also have an uncle who raises highland beef that essentially just graze (and live in the woods on his property aha) and are not given any 'feed'. got a delivery of that stuff on the way...

game and free-range meat tends to be leaner (game especially, wild venison is super-lean) but that it fine, just get my fats elsewhere, nothing like venison steak covered in butter... or bacon...

sorry i can't share haha! being a Canadian from the countryside has some perks...
    Man I haven't had venison in like ten years, since my girlfriend at the time shot one and brought over a freezer full of it. *drool*
    Aisle by Aisle Keto Shopping Guide ----> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117649931

Yeah man you are seriously blessed. You have no idea how much time and trouble you are saving yourself.

Here in the states, I found a local farmer (35-40 min drive) who has grass fed beef for $3.50/pound and up which is by far the cheapest I've ever seen it, They even have organic cheese, organic milk, and free-range chicken and pork. I had to search the countryside for them, and I have to order early as well. They only have pick-ups a couple days a week.

It's a royal pain in the arse, but so worth it!

I used to eat a lot of venison killed by a family friend

I later found it was farmed and grain fed venisin. The land equivolent of shooting fish in a barrel, I was pissed
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    I used to eat a lot of venison killed by a family friend
    I later found it was farmed and grain fed venisin.
    too bad man. related to that, you can buy venison (and other 'game meats') at specialty shops in canada but the meat has to be farmed, cannot sell actual wild game. lame, but i guess selling wild meat raises a ton of health and safety issues...

not even allowed to sell raw milk here...

but yea, know i am lucky. back in the day my father used to catch beautiful atlantic salmon, but those days are over...

Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know which wins, but I do know what loses and that's logic.

Yeah oatmeal is the reason for cancer or whatever.

Sure thang paleotards.

Splain please why then the okinawans who eat a lot of grains and soy have the lowest rate of death from a multitude of chronic diseases and highest number of centenarians.

ericamuacha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

paleo vs keto

My husband is currently doing keto, I'm on paleo. I personally believe paleo is a little less restrictive and depending on the paleo you "follow" gives a little more sustainability. My husband loves keto but once he gets down to his goal weight he's switching to paleo. But I don't know how he'll do without his cheat meal

steezo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steezo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steezo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steezo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steezo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steezo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steezo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steezo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steezo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Neither wins, calories in vs calories out is the idea. A certain way of eating constitutes which diet to choose.IMHO.

FAPTROCITY is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAPTROCITY is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAPTROCITY is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAPTROCITY is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAPTROCITY is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAPTROCITY is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAPTROCITY is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAPTROCITY is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAPTROCITY is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAPTROCITY is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAPTROCITY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Los_Diablo View Post
    I don't know which wins, but I do know what loses and that's logic.

Yeah oatmeal is the reason for cancer or whatever.

Sure thang paleotards.

Splain please why then the okinawans who eat a lot of grains and soy have the lowest rate of death from a multitude of chronic diseases and highest number of centenarians.
    their diet isnt loaded with HFCS and sugar every step of the way?

NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ericamuacha View Post
    My husband is currently doing keto, I'm on paleo. I personally believe paleo is a little less restrictive and depending on the paleo you "follow" gives a little more sustainability. My husband loves keto but once he gets down to his goal weight he's switching to paleo. But I don't know how he'll do without his cheat meal
    I was thinking of doing more paleo but add in brown rice and quinoa
    yolo
    tuf

Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like them both... don't think they can be compared per se since they're pretty different - I was paleo for about a year for maintenance after losing some weight on another drastic (no bueno) diet, then I switched to keto to lose more body fat. It worked then, and keto is working now.

I like that truly primal diets cut out preservatives and promote eating "real" food, which my body responds well to. Some paleo-fad-lovers go overboard and create muffins and sauces etc to imitate the SAD foods, which is fine now and then for a treat I guess but I'd go with JERFing (yeah, I just threw another hashtag out there ) - just eating real food most times.

...or just do like Cartman, and do wah you waaaaooonnnttttt