musclehead2k11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Where to find these "steel cut oats"

I've looked in both walmart and the local kroger here. I've yet to find anything that says steel cut oats. Only thing i've found are quakers oat's. Which is says rolled oats in the ingredients.

This is the only thing i can find. I'm pretty sure that's not what everyone is always talking about. It's not that calorie dense. Only 150 calories per 1/2 cup. Or am i wrong and these are steel cut oats which i doubt.

I have a food lion, k-mart, lowes, walmart, kroger, dollar tree, dollar store, save a lot, and many more here. Where might it be? Or it is not in the breakfast lane with the other oats.

MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000)
    I keep hearing about steel-cut oats, but never see them in shops here in the UK.

Can't imagine it matters than much. Once the oats have been cooked, chewed & digested, it's not going to make much difference whether they were initially chopped up or rolled out.

All my oats go in my blender with warm milk - so by the time I consume them, they've been steel-cut to fcuk.

Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ratae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Steel-cut oats are whole grain groats (the inner portion of the oat kernel) which have been cut into only two or three pieces by steel rather than being rolled. They are golden in color and resemble small rice pieces.

Steel-cut oats are also known as coarse-cut oats, pinhead oats, or Irish oats. This form of oats takes longer to prepare than instant or rolled oats due to its minimal processing, typically 15–30 minutes to simmer (much less if pre-soaked). The flavor of the cooked oats is described as being nuttier than other types of oats, and they are also chewier.

Scottish oats or Scottish oatmeal are sometimes confused with steel-cut oats. Scottish oats are steamed steel-cut oats that are then ground by stones into an oat meal.

Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They can be tricky to find for the first time and the store employees usually aren't much help since they most likely have never heard of them. I can almost guarantee you you'll find them in the international aisle of your local Kroger. Look for Irish Oats.

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    most common brand in local supermarkets...