Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    justin8684 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justin8684 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justin8684 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justin8684 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justin8684 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justin8684 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justin8684 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justin8684 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justin8684 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justin8684 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justin8684 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The Sylvia/Arlovski era in the UFC heavyweight division was definitely a dark time. I've always kind of felt that Frank Mir's motorcycle accident happened at the absolute worst time for his career and at a terrible time for the UFC heavyweight division. He exposed Sylvia for the bar room brawling scrub talent that he is and didn't even break a sweat doing it and could've had a solid run and brought in some good opponents as champion.

Uncomfortably energetic Mikehc69's Avatar
    Mikehc69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikehc69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikehc69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikehc69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikehc69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikehc69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikehc69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikehc69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikehc69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikehc69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikehc69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by iamgenus View Post
    Anderson Silva hasn't fought as many times as Fedor. Some guys have been in a ton of wars despite their age. Fedor is one of those guys.

Show me another figher who has had the success of Fedor who has constantly faced fighters who outweigh him.

Silva is a HUGE MW.
    GSP is a HUGE WW.

Fedor is a tiny HW and has never cut for a fight. He could easily make LHW and dominate. People want to say he's been fighting cans but the fact is when you're facing Heavyweights the size he's faced you can be KO'd in one shot. His win streak is unrivaled and these 2 losses don't change what he's accomplished. I wish he would've signed with the UFC but now we'll never know how he would've faired there.

He made a mental mistake against Werdum and got caught. Silva really took it to him in the 2nd round but very few fighters even get out of the 2nd round. He was mounted by a guy who had at least 40 lbs on him. The fact that he got out and the fight had to be stopped because of his busted up eye speaks volume about his toughness.

I know this is a bodybuilding website and lots of guys on here look down on fat people but Fedor is a legend and these 2 loses don't change that. Shame he has to go out like this but few guys go out on top.

Oh and to the moron claiming Royce is better than Fedor....lulz indeed. Royce feasted on guys who had no clue wtf grappling was. Matt Hughes tooled on him when they fought. Fedor until last few years faced easily the best Heavyweights in the sport as PRIDE had a much better HW division than the UFC. Hell the UFC was pretty much 2 HW fighters - Sylvia and Arlovski. Both of whom Fedor took apart(yet they were cans because they were no longer on the UFC roster)

Chuck Liddell lost 5 of his last 6 fights....is he terrible too?

Anderson Silva and GSP are amazing fighters and right now are #1/#1A for P4P rankings but let's not act like they've been fighting the best of the best - Patrick Cote? Travis Lutter? Thales Leites? Hell Cote and Lutter actually did well against him.

The fight with Leites and Maia were embarrassing and Chael Sonnen was dominating him for 5 rounds til getting sloppy and getting caught at the end of his fight.

Fedor may not look like a bodybuilder or what you'd expect a fighter to look like but his talents are top notch and his 2 losses don't change that. He has an amazing chin, great power and terrific ground game. He got careless in one fight and couldn't make up for the reach/size advantage in the other. He didn't lose because of lack of skill.
    You make excellent points, all of which are 100% correct. Unfortunately the people hating on Fedor have been following the sport for a grand total of 20 minutes and don't have legitimate arguments to back up their generic "fedor suks" remarks.
    PSN: MikeHC69

Yankees, Browns, and Blackhawks

ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think Fedor kept winning on a combination of less than stellar competition and his mindset of being unbeatable, a mindset shared by most of his opponents. His mind never gave him a chance to think he could lose and his challengers minds never thought they had a real shot.... until that first fluke loss. The aura of Fedor was shattered, and I think with that sitting in the back of his mind, he had defeated himself before he even got in the ring last night.

iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MuscleSportMag View Post
    I fixed the link in the opening post. Don't know what happened to it since last night. Sorry about that.

No one is fraudin' here. I'm a sports journalist and this is what I took from last night's event. Fedor looked awful and nearly submitted with the choke and later the knee lock. Then he got destroyed in Round 2. I knew from up in the Press Box that he was not coming out for the third and final round.
    Nothing is official and I'm sure that Fedor himself wants some time to think this out, but he did sound as if he had thought this out previously when he was speaking in the cage after the fight. Even through the interpreter, it came out pretty clear that Fedor is ready to pack it in.

No one says that on an impulse, as the M-1 guys and Coker tried to spin in the post-fight press conferences. I'm just doing the math and stating the obvious in my column.
    You must be a terrible journalist considering you just make sh*t up.

As pointed out that was all in the 2nd round. There is no such thing as nearly submitted it either happens or it doesn't. You can say he nearly submitted Silva at the end of the 2nd round...but he didn't.

And how exactly did you know he wasn't coming out for the final round? You make it sound like he quit. The doctor called the fight, if he was going to quit he could've easily done so in round 2.

hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10) hailmary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow crazy fight just saw it...i really hope he doesn't leave it was kind of heartbreaking to see him lose like that. DAMN

BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100)
    Who?

themadgreek187 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themadgreek187 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themadgreek187 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themadgreek187 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themadgreek187 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themadgreek187 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themadgreek187 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themadgreek187 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themadgreek187 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themadgreek187 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themadgreek187 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fedor was great when he first came out. his pride years were pretty good but towards the end he didn't fight too many real competitors. also he was a moron to let Vadim and the other M-1 idiots run his business. he should have left Pride and signed the deal with the UFC. instead he went to strikeforce where his iconic status was shattered with the submition loss. bigfoot silva handled him easily. he should move down to LHW as the bigger heavyweights would dominate him. but hes retired now. he will enjoy his ice cream
    GamerTag/PSN: TheMadGreek187
    US NAVY Veteran

MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iamgenus View Post
    You must be a terrible journalist considering you just make sh*t up.

As pointed out that was all in the 2nd round. There is no such thing as nearly submitted it either happens or it doesn't. You can say he nearly submitted Silva at the end of the 2nd round...but he didn't.

And how exactly did you know he wasn't coming out for the final round? You make it sound like he quit. The doctor called the fight, if he was going to quit he could've easily done so in round 2.
    You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

This is far from making things up. The first round could have went either way, but I felt that Silva won that, too. Silva would have KO'd him right way if the third round had taken place.

From my standpoint, Fedor looked totally beaten on the stool and there was nothing in his actions to indicate that he was going to get up and fight another round. He looked beaten and tired.

I am assuming that you are a Fedor fan and that's why you have a problem with my article, but I am saying what everyone in the arena was thinking. Scott Coker and the M-1 people are businessmen and they see their main attraction slipping away. That's why they did some damage control at the press conferences.
    www.MuscleSportMag.com - Bodybuilding, Pro Sports, Fitness

Part Animal, Part Machine cheerupemokid's Avatar
    cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

This is far from making things up. The first round could have went either way, but I felt that Silva won that, too. Silva would have KO'd him right way if the third round had taken place.

From my standpoint, Fedor looked totally beaten on the stool and there was nothing in his actions to indicate that he was going to get up and fight another round. He looked beaten and tired.

I am assuming that you are a Fedor fan and that's why you have a problem with my article, but I am saying what everyone in the arena was thinking. Scott Coker and the M-1 people are businessmen and they see their main attraction slipping away. That's why they did some damage control at the press conferences.
    The events you described happening in the first round (the submissions that were toward the end of thr 2nd) all happened in the second. Perhaps, you're just a poor writer and unable to effrctively communicate what you meant. Either way that probably doesn't bode well for your career choice.

Also, speculating on how a guy looks between rounds is retarded. Fedor wouldn't have weathered the storm and tried hid own submission if he was quitting.

MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cheerupemokid View Post
    The events you described happening in the first round (the submissions that were toward the end of thr 2nd) all happened in the second. Perhaps, you're just a poor writer and unable to effrctively communicate what you meant. Either way that probably doesn't bode well for your career choice.

Also, speculating on how a guy looks between rounds is retarded. Fedor wouldn't have weathered the storm and tried hid own submission if he was quitting.
    My apologies if my post sounded a bit confusing. I was not insinuating that the knee lock occurred in the first round. Sometimes one rushes when writing these posts.

Yes, Fedor did reverse it and tried to lock his own on Silva. But it did appear to be a desperation move. He was losing the fight badly at that point.

I am just fine with my career choice, thank you. You can't please 'em all. As long as my accountant doesn't feel the same way, I'll be just fine. (But I appreciate your concern!)

Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My apologies if my post sounded a bit confusing. I was not insinuating that the knee lock occurred in the first round. Sometimes one rushes when writing these posts.

Yes, Fedor did reverse it and tried to lock his own on Silva. But it did appear to be a desperation move. He was losing the fight badly at that point.

I am just fine with my career choice, thank you. You can't please 'em all. As long as my accountant doesn't feel the same way, I'll be just fine. (But I appreciate your concern!)
    Fedor won the first round on 2 of the judges score cards, Silva obviously won the 2nd round but was effing gassed when it was over. When he found out he won he couldn't do much more than smile in celebration because he couldnt breathe. If the fight was allowed to go I think it could have been either mans game. Anybody who watched the first round knows that Silva was about a half an inch from getting KTFO on numerous occasions. I do agree with the fight stoppage myself because to me it looked like his orbital bone was cracked which is very dangerous.

Instead of giving Bigfoot Silva credit for being a vastly improved fighter (which damn sure is the case) people are using this as an excuse to sh*t on Fedor. There is so much ignorant hate in this thread I am kind of wondering if it isnt a troll thread.

hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zFeDoR View Post
    Keep negging me *******s for speaking truth.
    lulz dem negs...u got them

TD757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TD757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TD757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TD757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TD757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TD757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TD757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TD757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TD757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TD757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TD757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "He is very keen to fight again though," Kogan said.

Emelianenko (31-3) remains under contract to Strikeforce for three bouts after signing an extension earlier this year. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said if Emelianenko remained active, a bout against the loser of April 9's Strikeforce Heavyweight World Grand Prix quarterfinal between Fabricio Werdum and Alistair Overeem would likely come next. Coker also suggested that Emelianenko is eligible to return to the tournament as an alternate.

Looks like Fedor isn't retiring after all.

He fights the loser of werdum/overeem.

Most likely it will be a rematch Fedor/Werdum II

BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Brb, Ali lost 2 in a row to end his career. He's not the GOAT. Sports misc is full of retards.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152183263

Originally Posted by Budly69 View Post
    Fedor won the first round on 2 of the judges score cards, Silva obviously won the 2nd round but was effing gassed when it was over. When he found out he won he couldn't do much more than smile in celebration because he couldnt breathe. If the fight was allowed to go I think it could have been either mans game. Anybody who watched the first round knows that Silva was about a half an inch from getting KTFO on numerous occasions. I do agree with the fight stoppage myself because to me it looked like his orbital bone was cracked which is very dangerous.

Instead of giving Bigfoot Silva credit for being a vastly improved fighter (which damn sure is the case) people are using this as an excuse to sh*t on Fedor. There is so much ignorant hate in this thread I am kind of wondering if it isnt a troll thread.
    Being the OP, I can speak for myself that this isn't a troll thread. Being a sportswriter, Fedor losing two in a row and bringing up retirement on his own is a huge story. If he won the fight, I'm sorry to say but it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. It's just the nature of the business.

I am not dumping on Fedor, but just putting two and two together and stating the obvious. Coker is doing all he can to keep Fedor in the mix because he is their biggest draw. Look at all the promos for this Grand Prix event and he's in the middle of them all. Ticket sales will take a nosedive if there is no chance of seeing Fedor in the cage again at a Strikeforce/M-1 Global card.