MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy What keeps you going????

I have been lifting heavy for several years. The last year has been rough for me. Issues with my metabolism has made cutting difficult with limited progress. The "logical" side of my brain knows that I still look great for my age eventhough I have added 10lbs (my bod pod is still reading the same bf% as a year ago). The "emotional" side of me is really really starting to get down about the lack of change.

So how do you pick yourself up and keep going??

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrsKlayfish View Post
    The "emotional" side of me is really really starting to get down about the lack of change.

That's a question that we've all asked ourselves at one time or another. Damn emotional side!
    Sometimes the best thing to do is look back over old photos to see how far you've come. Relive some of your favorite PR moments (we all have them) or indulge yourself a little in a "brag moment" and share it here. So many times just hanging out with like minded people, albeit virtually, can give you just the lift you need.
    Hang in there, this will pass. You look great and your in the right place to share all your achievments. Keep up the great work you've been doing! :-)
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seeing women, such as yourself, to keep feeding my soft ass motivation

MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrsKlayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks! I know you are right. Life has taken my away from reading the forums. Maybe a change is due!!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Long time no see!!!

So what was going on with your metabolism? Dieted too long? Thyroid? What's the story?

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrsKlayfish View Post
    I have been lifting heavy for several years. The last year has been rough for me. Issues with my metabolism has made cutting difficult with limited progress. The "logical" side of my brain knows that I still look great for my age eventhough I have added 10lbs (my bod pod is still reading the same bf% as a year ago). The "emotional" side of me is really really starting to get down about the lack of change.

Sorry to hear about your metabolism issues.

What keeps me going is a love of lifting...even when I'm in a 'fat' phase and looking larger than I would like, I never stop lifting because it's not a chore. I look back through old exercise journals and see how far I have come. I look at women my age at opposite ends of the spectrum; those who appear to have given up and those who are killing it in the gym and I feel proud that I am falling into the latter category...and while I say that, I also try not to compare my progress and size with others. I take a step back and realise how my thinking has truly finally turned from a desire to be thin, to a desire to be strong and athletic.

I'm also really working on trying to appreciate exactly where I am in the moment, not falling into the trap of thinking 'I'll be happy when I'm thinner/at X weight/at X bodyfat/'...to try and stay more present. Sometimes it's easier said than done. There's some great cognitive behavioural stuff you can do around this.

You look great - hope you get your mojo back soon!
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth