trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New powerbuilding routine, couple of questions

Hi guys, i figured i'd put this question here since the lifts pertain more towards powerlifting. I just started a powerbuilding routine i found on intensemuscle (l.h.'s powerbuilding), and i really enjoy it, but i have a few questions about exercise selection. On the squat day, it has you do deads too, would you guys recommend alternating deads with power cleans from week to week? Also, on OH press day, would you do strict OH presses or seated military press? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What`s the programme details? If it is anywhere near legitimate why would you try to mess with it. There are a number of programmes that call for deadlifts and squats on the same day although not maxing on both I wouldn`t have thought.

As for the OH pressing. Someone once said, OH pressing is like peeing, you can do it standing or sitting
    "The hardest part in lifting, is NOT to lift..." - Me

First meet results:
    Squat 140kg (+15kg PR)
    Bench 130kg (+10kg PR)
    Deadlift 185kg (+25kg PR)

Second meet results:
    Squat 175kg (+5kg PR)
    Bench 140kg (= PR)
    Deadlift 210kg (+5kg PR)

mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000)
    never walk when you can run, never stop if you can go, never sit when you can stand, never lie down when you can sit up. standing presses are just more awesome.
    i rep back.

trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10) trontheman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The layout is this:
    Monday
    Bench Press 3 working sets of 5-7, alternate with 3-5
    Incline Bench 2-3 working sets of 6-8
    Flat DB bench or flyes 2-3 sets of 10
    Then 2-3 back exercises such as pull-ups/chins, rows, etc...to 8-10 reps

Wednesday
    Squats 3-4 working sets of 5-7 or 3-5
    Deadlifts 3 sets of 3-5 (or alternate with power cleans possibly)
    Hamstring exercise (leg curls, sldl, sumo press, etc...3 sets of 10-12)
    2-3 bicep exercises (just to get them in somewhere)

Friday
    Military Press 3 sets of 3-5 or 5-7(should i do OH press instead, or clean and press possibly)
    Close grip bench 3 sets of 5-7
    Dips 2-3 sets to 8-10
    Lateral Raises, pushdows, face pulls, etc.... couple sets of 10

I really like the layout, and i enjoy lifting heavier and in the lower tier of rep ranges regardless on what people say about hypertrophy, I respond better to lower reps.

Do you guys think alternating with power cleans in for deads every now and then is fine, and it seems that i should do the OH press rather than the seated press. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It`s a powerlifting/body building hybrid routine. What are your goals? If it`s strength just do Starting Strength.

First meet results:
    Squat 140kg (+15kg PR)
    Bench 130kg (+10kg PR)

Second meet results:
    Squat 175kg (+5kg PR)
    Bench 140kg (= PR)
    Deadlift 210kg (+5kg PR)

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do all my OH presses seated, bitches.
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000)
    An awful lot of pressing exercises compared to upper body pulling exercises.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120990011

There are 10 types of people: those that understand binary, and those that do not.

It does seem to be upper body push dominant. What if i did a few back exercises on friday instead of lateral raises, pushdowns, face pulls? Like throw in a few more sets of pullups/chins. Ive read that wendler sometimes will do a few sets of pullups before each workout. What do you guys think? Thanks.

sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by trontheman View Post
    It does seem to be upper body push dominant. What if i did a few back exercises on friday instead of lateral raises, pushdowns, face pulls? Like throw in a few more sets of pullups/chins. Ive read that wendler sometimes will do a few sets of pullups before each workout. What do you guys think? Thanks.
    Replace one of the accessory push exercises on both Monday and Friday, and replace each with an upper pull like dumbbell rows.
    "Rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. " 1 Timothy 4:7-8

Ok, will do. Would you guys do close grip bench or dips on friday? Or swap between the two from week to week? Thanks.

RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyHam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your program is a piece of sh!t and so is your face.

Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by trontheman View Post
    Ok, will do. Would you guys do close grip bench or dips on friday? Or swap between the two from week to week? Thanks.
    I'd probably just do something that isn't so upper push dominated, to be honest.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120990011

There are 10 types of people: those that understand binary, and those that do not.

Originally Posted by RyHam View Post
    Your program is a piece of sh!t and so is your face.
    Unnecessary to say the least.

Ok, I'll swap in another pull exercise instead. Thanks.

Originally Posted by TrettinR View Post
    I do all my OH presses seated, bitches.
    I prefer "sweetheart" to "bitch" thankyouplease

First meet results:
    Squat 140kg (+15kg PR)
    Bench 130kg (+10kg PR)

Second meet results:
    Squat 175kg (+5kg PR)
    Bench 140kg (= PR)
    Deadlift 210kg (+5kg PR)