AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

is the Dip Machine as effective at hitting tris as regular dips

In a dip station?

I like to aim my dips towards my chest, and later in the workout use the dip machine to hit my tris.

Am I cheating myself out of anything? Should I alternate between aiming for my chest or tris at the dip station, or is this ok?
    **MISC STRENGTH CREW**

Current Gym Lifts: 445/305/515
    205 for 2 strict standing OHP

Lift heavy, Eat a ton, Get strong. Phuck everything else

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamDTX View Post
    In a dip station?

I like to aim my dips towards my chest, and later in the workout use the dip machine to hit my tris.

Am I cheating myself out of anything? Should I alternate between aiming for my chest or tris at the dip station, or is this ok?
    Your triceps do the same work regardless of whether you're doing a leaning forward "chest dip" or a an upright dip. The only thing you're changing with that angle is that by being more upright, you use less chest and more of your lats to move the upper arms. For the triceps, its the same work in both scenarios.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

rbaxter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rbaxter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rbaxter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rbaxter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rbaxter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rbaxter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rbaxter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rbaxter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rbaxter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rbaxter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rbaxter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So is the question are machine dips as effective as regular dips or your position on the machine?
    “Guts are a combination of confidence, courage, conviction, strength of character, stick-to-itiveness, pugnaciousness, backbone, and intestinal fortitude. They are mandatory for anyone who wants to get to and stay at the top.”

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In a dip station?

What machine? The Hammer Strength one tend to increase chest involvement...
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iballin08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think dips focus more on your shoulders with tris, and chest as secondary muscles worked.

mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iballin08 View Post
    I think dips focus more on your shoulders with tris, and chest as secondary muscles worked.
    ^No. Dips hit primarily the triceps with chest & shoulders as secondary. Ofcourse when you lean forward and keep your head down & elbows out wide then your chest is worked harder but the triceps are still the primary muscle hit not the shoulders.

King of Stretch Marks rubik_3x3x3's Avatar
    rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I actually prefer machines because it's a bit easier on my elbows, generally. Also, it allows a more precise adjustment of weight. Just make sure you sit in it at the right angle to hit the body part desired.

Does it actually matter? Not much, if any. Some people will tell you free weight > machines, but it's all just preferential. Best of luck, bro.
    9.54 second Rubik's Cube single solve. ~15 second average. Reppin' back any Cube brahs.

supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rubik_3x3x3 View Post
    I actually prefer machines because it's a bit easier on my elbows, generally. Also, it allows a more precise adjustment of weight. Just make sure you sit in it at the right angle to hit the body part desired.

Does it actually matter? Not much, if any. Some people will tell you free weight > machines, but it's all just preferential. Best of luck, bro.
    Uh, no. Free weights > machines, without a doubt. Doesn't mean machines are completely worthless though.

AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    Your triceps do the same work regardless of whether you're doing a leaning forward "chest dip" or a an upright dip. The only thing you're changing with that angle is that by being more upright, you use less chest and more of your lats to move the upper arms. For the triceps, its the same work in both scenarios.
    thanks, wasn't even aware lats were involved.

Originally Posted by rbaxter View Post
    So is the question are machine dips as effective as regular dips or your position on the machine?
    machine dips as effective as regular dips

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    What machine? The Hammer Strength one tend to increase chest involvement...
    regular dip machine
    **MISC STRENGTH CREW**

Current Gym Lifts: 445/305/515
    205 for 2 strict standing OHP

Lift heavy, Eat a ton, Get strong. Phuck everything else

Super Saiyan Genetics genetics 83's Avatar
    genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ CVC ██ █ ★ █ ██
    US Army '04-07 OIF III
    Saiyan Crew
    F-Body Crew
    Texas Crew
    Over 30 crew

Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000)
    At 240 lbs + 55 lbs of plates, doing an equal workout on the machine is pretty much impossible. Just becomes completely awkward.
    BTDT

tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tallbill View Post
    At 240 lbs + 55 lbs of plates, doing an equal workout on the machine is pretty much impossible. Just becomes completely awkward.
    for me its the opposite.when i got to 55 or 60 added lbs,it felt like my shoulders or coller was going to break off.ive moved to the dip station and they have thanked me.i know its a different movement and im not actually dipping 400lbs,but i have pretty strong tris and it lets me work them without breaking anything else.the only thing now is my grip and wrist strength,my tris can press the weight but my hands cant hold it yet.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Lat's help a bit to keep the arms from splaying out to the side, but they're moreso involved when the elbow travels behind your spine because that's when the lat can perform flexion.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think so.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    This is false. Once again, you're proving that you simply can not understand the notion of mmc and feeling. For someone who can focus, Triceps dip is veeery different form a chest dip.

or is this ok?
    OP, it's perfectly fine. Lean for chest, elbows flared; upright, elbows tucked for Triceps. Machine OR parallel bars..
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.