spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can someone explain the differences between whey isolates to me?

I'm looking for just a whey protein isolate to add to a myofusion or ON shake post workout. I'm looking for unflavored as pure as possible. My search led me to *********** but I don't know the difference between the isolate and was hoping somewhere here could enlighten me. we have...
    Whey protein isolate ion-exchange
    whey protein isolate microfiltrated
    Hydolzyed whey protein (high and super grades)
    whey protein isolate cold-filtration
    whey protein isolate cross-flow filtration

Thanks!

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by spacemase13 View Post
    I'm looking for just a whey protein isolate to add to a myofusion or ON shake post workout. I'm looking for unflavored as pure as possible. My search led me to *********** but I don't know the difference between the isolate and was hoping somewhere here could enlighten me. we have...
    Whey protein isolate ion-exchange
    whey protein isolate microfiltrated
    Hydolzyed whey protein (high and super grades)
    whey protein isolate cold-filtration
    whey protein isolate cross-flow filtration

Thanks!
    Just buy a tub of NOW Whey Protein Isolate, best quality unflavored isolate I've used. But I'm failing to understand the purpose of what you're doing. Do you think you need whey isolate post workout to build big muscles or something?

CFM is generally the best form of isolate but it's also the most expensive usually. Ion-exchange is the cheapest and worst.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here is something I wrote for my friends mom about myofusion thatll answer ur question lol

"For many years companies would use “ion exchange” as their way to retrieve whey protein from different sources. This was promoted as the best way because it kept a large portion of the protein. This is still used today but has some controversy behind it and if companies still do it, they don’t specify and 99.9 percent of the time a cheaper protein is going to be filtered this way. There are 2 specific groupings of proteins. Isolates and Concentrates. Isolates are stripped of the lactose (sugar of whey) and fat while Concentrates have lactose still present and also some of the fat. (Many concentrates now include artificial lactase which is the enzyme the body uses to digest lactose. People who are lactose intolerant lack this enzyme and it has to slowly be built up or an enzyme complex needs to be introduced to build up tolerance.)

Ion exchange is used with a concentrate source causes what I’m going to call “little thingys” to bind to the protein to separate it from other whey ingredients based on its electrical charge. Now while this does sound good it takes away many of the beneficial sub fractions already in the whey, also due to the fact that chemicals are used to balance the ph during the process of processing. With ion exchange, the ingredient beta-lactoglobulin becomes very prominent in the protein and this has been shown to cause allergic reactions and isn’t necessarily the most healthy thing to be ingesting. Because of this the healthy constitutes of whey are gone!

Now when it comes to myofusion, it is processed through hydrolysis (very expensive to do so), and cross flow/micro filtration. This process uses an artificial membrane to separate the fat, sugar, etc from the protein done so at a lower temperature. This process leaves more nutrients and doesn’t use any harmful chemicals. While this doesn’t leave as high of a protein amount as ion exchange, this is the much better deal. This protein also has a fraction of it which is hydrolyzed. Now to keep this short, proteins are made up of polypeptide chains composed of amino acid sequences. The stomach breaks down the proteins into these structures allowing them to eventually be used. When a protein is hydrolyzed this step has already been done and the body can make quicker use after the protein is ingested. Many companies say their protein is hydrolyzed but you check the label and you will find only a small portion of it will be hydrolyzed and it will generally be of a less bioactive source of protein. This process it self makes the price per serving of a protein more expensive. While this process does have its place, it’s hard to really tell whether its truly beneficial as there really hasn’t been any studies to show a significant benefit from this, at least from a bodybuilding standpoint.

Now as to the protein sources, there are a variety of them ranging from soy to whey to vegetable to egg etc. There are even more groupings related to this but I will stick to the main one that may cause a stir up and that is with whey.
    Whey is derived from dairy, primarily from milk and is pretty much the curd that is left over. While this does sound kind of gross there is actually a lot of benefit from supplementing with whey protein. Here are just some of the few benefits."
    Last edited by Hyruliangoat; 02-11-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Instagram: hyruliangoat_

BEST LOOKING MISCER
    CUTEST POSTER OF ALL TIME
    PEOPLE ASK FOR MY AUTOGRAPH AND PICTURE EVERYDAY CREW

spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spacemase13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I want to up my protein intake and I was thinking about doing 1 scoop of myofusion which is a blend and then add 1/2 a scoop of pure isolate which would give me a good tasting shake with about 40grams protein and that wont break the bank

Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to up my protein intake and I was thinking about doing 1 scoop of myofusion which is a blend and then add 1/2 a scoop of pure isolate which would give me a good tasting shake with about 40grams protein and that wont break the bank
    thatll work get what Shadar said!
    Instagram: hyruliangoat_

BEST LOOKING MISCER
    CUTEST POSTER OF ALL TIME
    PEOPLE ASK FOR MY AUTOGRAPH AND PICTURE EVERYDAY CREW

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Then just get a cheap concentrate to add in if you don't want to break the bank. All of the proteins being discussed cost the same or more than just using another 1/2 scoop of myo. But it's not like you need a huge quantity of protein immediately post workout.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Originally Posted by Hyruliangoat View Post
    thatll work get what Shadar said!
    thanks I was just looking at the now isolate, i've used their products before and was satisfies so I think I will get a tub of that. I wish the smaller tub had an unflavored option though

thanks I was just looking at the now isolate, i've used their products before and was satisfies so I think I will get a tub of that. I wish the smaller tub had an unflavored option though
    I don't understand the purpose still, you're not saving money by doing this and you won't get better results by using an isolate instead of just more myofusion.
    Latest Reviews:

Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    I don't understand the purpose still, you're not saving money by doing this and you won't get better results by using an isolate instead of just more myofusion.
    Do you think I should just use two scoops of myofusion or 1.5?

Do you think I should just use two scoops of myofusion or 1.5?
    Honestly 1 is likely plenty, but 1.5 or 2 won't hurt anything. Whatever fits your budget really since it will all have the same effect basically. You'll get more calories with more, so if bulking it will help reach your caloric goals.

It just seems simpler to use 1.5 scoops myo rather than taking 1 scoop myo and .5 scoops from another bag of a diff protein.
    Latest Reviews: